Source: Bills could have new owner as soon as October

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is certainly possible. I have a feeling that it isn't Pegula but I have no idea why I have that feeling. My best guess is the group that Kelly assembled is the front runner. Just a feeling

I always found it interesting that Pegula bought a sports agency with some NFL Clients, started the Pegula Sports and Entertainment Group and self financed the building of the HarborCenter in Downtown Buffalo. I think he would be willing to pay 300-400 million of his own money to get a new stadium built. Kelly's Group probably is the front runner, but who is to say Pegula has not agreed to become a primary investor in it? Pure speculation on my part of course.

I always found it interesting that Pegula bought a sports agency with some NFL Clients, started the Pegula Sports and Entertainment Group and self financed the building of the HarborCenter in Downtown Buffalo. I think he would be willing to pay 300-400 million of his own money to get a new stadium built. Kelly's Group probably is the front runner, but who is to say Pegula has not agreed to become a primary investor in it? Pure speculation on my part of course.

Although Kelly's earliest public references to an ownership group predates Pegula's purchase of the Sabres, it's not outside the realm of possibility that Pegula is actually involved in Kelly's group.

Been telling you guys this. Mary Wilson does not want the team this was made clear years ago. Ralphs will said to sell it ASAP based on league rules, that has been known (and apparently ignored) as well. Now for the final part fans ignore, an owner CAN Move the bills and pretty much ignore the 400 mill fine. No Court will ever force a person or business to be a tenant. AND WNY must prove to a court they suffered 400 million in damages and they will never be able to. Now a new owner may keep the team here, but fans need to quit wishing and start dealing in facts.

A court can and will enforce a valid contract, which is what I assume the Bills and the county entered into. Contrary to your suggestions, it has nothing to do with whether a court will force a new Bills owner into being a tenant; and the county will not have to show damages outside the scope of the contract. If the Bills move, the new owner pays $400 million, unless the contract is invalid or the press has misrepresented the terms.

I think that it can only be positive with the lease in place. No one is lined up to buy the team to move in 6 years. If this were 2018 I may agree that it could go either way. The timing can only be positive.

Also, if there were talks I am confident that RW was looking for an owner to keep the team in WNY. If they are talking about a new owner in October these talks have had to have taken place. Ralph hated relocation and voted against all of them.

Seems like he abstained in one of the Raider moves, the first one I think. Didn't Ralph get pissed that he was sued by Davis even though he didn't vote against the move?

Regarding this report/speculation...I'm of the mind that quick is good. Quick means that the pieces are already in place and talks most likely started before Ralph's death.

It's worth mentioning that the team does not have to be sold to the highest bidder.

I know we're all looking for good signs right now, but in this day and age, I'm inclined to think that Tim is just posting clickbait. One source isn't significant. And when you read his post, there's plenty of caveats that we COULD be sold by October but more likely will be after that. If Wawrow posts something with multiple sources I'll be convinced, but take this one with a big grain of salt for now.

Do we have a lawyer here? I'm not so sure about this.

I am very sure on this.

A court can and will enforce a valid contract, which is what I assume the Bills and the county entered into. Contrary to your suggestions, it has nothing to do with whether a court will force a new Bills owner into being a tenant; and the county will not have to show damages outside the scope of the contract. If the Bills move, the new owner pays $400 million, unless the contract is invalid or the press has misrepresented the terms.

Completely incorrect, but if and when the times happens I will allow you to be in complete shock along with the rest of the folks whistling through the graveyard.

I will state I have been of the OPINION that a group has already been in place with the blessing of the family when the decision to turn over the operations to Russ Brandon was made.

I am very sure on this.

Completely incorrect, but if and when the times happens I will allow you to be in complete shock along with the rest of the folks whistling through the graveyard.

I will state I have been of the OPINION that a group has already been in place with the blessing of the family when the decision to turn over the operations to Russ Brandon was made.

I hope your right.

I am very sure on this.

Bro, do you know anything about the Contract Clause? Contracts are fairly binding in the US of A.

its got to be Pegula. No one else has the wealth to move ahead quickly and the name recognition and organization to get it done fast. Trump is too controversial, Jacobs owns a franchise in another city. Toronto could not be an option this quickly.

its got to be Pegula. No one else has the wealth to move ahead quickly and the name recognition and organization to get it done fast. Trump is too controversial, Jacobs owns a franchise in another city. Toronto could not be an option this quickly.

There seems to be smoke here. Pegula is definitely a guy who just gets things done as well.

For those saying this isn't an auction or it doesn't have to be sold to the highest bidder...we don't know that yet. It could be the family's wishes to just sell it to the highest bidder. That would be the easiest way to do it. They have no ties to Buffalo, they just want the most $ possible. It sounds like they will be accepting offers in the coming months (probably after the draft)