The next few days could be a disaster for the Bills

Pitta

If the Jets end up signing Vick and trade for D-Jax.

If the Dolphins end up signing Moreno who is visiting as we speak.

Signing Britt may be a bigger deal than we thought. We are already losing the FA battle within the division. Get of the pot, OBD!!!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Respectfully disagree. We are actually dictating the moves by the Jets and Pats. We signed Corey Graham out from under the Jets. Then they wanted Dom Crom for CB and they got snubbed. Rex is peeved that they have no CB's. Then the Pats responded to our picking up Graham with Revis and Browner because they know we have speedy WR's and will get a taller WR in the draft. Then we signed Spikes and the Jets re-signed their LB in response. We are the team everyone is watching and they are responding to our moves.

I'm not worried about Vick going to the Jets honestly. The spotlight is too big over there. With Rex and his OC on the sidelines, I'm not worried about their offense one bit. It was Rex's defense that got him into the AFC Championship with mediocre QB play and a whole lot of luck (teams they played seemed to find a way to lose, including the Bills).

I say let them spend the money on whoever they want on offense. Doesn't scare me one bit.

Miami getting Moreno does what to stop us if our D is better than last year? Nothing. I'm even less afraid of Miami than I am the Jets.

The only thing we need to concern ourselves with is how to beat the Pats. If you beat the Pats, the AFC East crown will come.

This is the time of year when my rose colored glasses get there new tint. I feel pretty great about what this team is going to do within the division this coming season. Last year, the team actually got healthier down the stretch for a change, and actually won some divisional games. The Jets and Phins look like a joke to me right now with the Pats being the perennial hill to climb. Britt would be a nice addition, but I think the draft will speak to the teams potential by far. 4-2 in the division I say! :beer:

Vick gets injured EVERY year. I am not worried about that at all. D-Jax is good, but I'm not scared of Decker.

Like Decker, Moreno benefited from Manning. I think he is an improvement, but that's not a major signing.

The Patriots will still be the team to beat, but I think all of our moves are setting us up to compete this year. I love our strategy so far.

Respectfully disagree. We are actually dictating the moves by the Jets and Pats. We signed Corey Graham out from under the Jets. Then they wanted Dom Crom for CB and they got snubbed. Rex is peeved that they have no CB's. Then the Pats responded to our picking up Graham with Revis and Browner because they know we have speedy WR's and will get a taller WR in the draft. Then we signed Spikes and the Jets re-signed their LB in response. We are the team everyone is watching and they are responding to our moves.

its bizarro world ! Thank you for pointing those details out

and i agree Fergy,

Bills are getting after it .

Not a bad feeling for a fan like me :thumbsup:

Signing Britt may be a bigger deal than we thought. We are already losing the FA battle within the division. Get of the pot, OBD!!!

Vick to the Jets would be a good move for the rest of the division, as he won't have the weapons or line he had in Philly.

The Dolphins don't really even have a full O line yet, as afaik they only recently signed Brandon Albert. They still need another 3 players, RT-RG-LG.

The Jests and Phins are the least of the bills worries, as they really only need to show that they can beat Bill Belicheat, and his Patriots.

What is sad tho is that 3 of the 5 O linemen graded in the red against the Patriots in their last game, and that was without Vince Wilfork ! Now the Bills recently signed a OG who graded almost as bad as Colin Brown. But hey, he didn't miss a game last year.

I agree with you. I think we are in the drivers seat. I am positive that our defense will determine our success this year, but it would be nice to have a decent offense to follow up with.

Are you really saying that the Jets possibly signing a past-his-prime turnover machine and the Dolphins possibly signing a RB that nobody else wanted means that the Bills--despite the 5 FAs (including 3 starters) they've signed already--are losing the FA battle?

Or is this sarcasm?

I'm not worried about Vick going to the Jets honestly. The spotlight is too big over there. With Rex and his OC on the sidelines, I'm not worried about their offense one bit. It was Rex's defense that got him into the AFC Championship with mediocre QB play and a whole lot of luck (teams they played seemed to find a way to lose, including the Bills).

I say let them spend the money on whoever they want on offense. Doesn't scare me one bit.

Miami getting Moreno does what to stop us if our D is better than last year? Nothing. I'm even less afraid of Miami than I am the Jets.

The only thing we need to concern ourselves with is how to beat the Pats. If you beat the Pats, the AFC East crown will come.

The way to the AFC East crown is to beat the Pats, period! The way to do that is to neutralize Tom Brady. The Bills have made significant roster moves to bolster their defense, but the one area they need to make dominant is the pass rush! Yes the pass rush was much better last year, but Brady and others were able to keep drives going by completing numerous 3rd and long situations. I still think the Bills need to add another pass rushing LB. This is why I'm hoping the Bills can add Dee Ford, from Auburn, to their roster. Not only is he an outstanding pass rusher, but he brings a winning attitude with him as well. Listening to him talk he wants to be a game changer and the best at what he does. He can be just what the Bills need to win the AFC Crown!