Michael Vick visiting the J-E-T-S - NOW SIGNED!

KDIGGZ

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jets have been so much better than the Bills the last 14 years that it's a joke. In those 14 seasons, they've made the playoofs 6 times and have had only 4 losing seasons. For the taunters here, you know the old saying: those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Vick is probably a better back-up than what we have. Decent signing.

That's the problem: at a one year, $5 M deal that is reportedly incentive heavy, that is potential starter contract. That changes the dynamic past a simple backup.

Vick has always been aggressive to put points up early, so if our defense can capitalize on his aggressive style, we should be ok. If our defense can't stop him early on, maybe things don't pan out so well.

In Philly last year, that certainly seemed to be the case. I watched a few games, and he definitely looked like he had lost a step. It's not necessarily a horrible move...Vick does have some talent, and his aggressive style looks good in preseason. Of course, once you start playing an entire game that changes things. Vick was 2-4 when he started for the Eagles last season, and one of those wins came after he went out due to injury and Foles was subbed in. When he wasn't the starter, the Eagles went 8-2, so it's not as if there wasn't some nice talent he had to work with.

Sacks, fumbles, poorly thrown balls, injuries mixed in with times of electrifying play sounds like Geno 2.0, only about a decade older.

Vick is probably a better back-up than what we have. Decent signing.

No. No he's not. Now, be careful not to move your boat too slowly, or you'll end up getting snagged on the bottom.

I'm kinda upset that Pettine left again. I would have loved seeing his attacking D total demolish Vick twice per year (or not, depending on how early he gets injured). Here's hoping Schwartz can do the same. I want Vick to be the meat in a Williams sandwich.

We did it without Pettine and when Vick was 3 years younger. http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=311009002

Vick has sucked since before he went to federal prison. He is too dumb to be an NFL QB and he's proven it nearly every time he's taken the field.

Rex wasn't dumb enough to be pressured into putting Tebow in. I'm not sure if that'll be the case with Vick, but Geno is a far bigger threat than Vick, IMO.

They both suck. This signing is not big news. It is equivalent to when the Bills so foolishly brought the other genius (VY) in to "compete." Vick is a never was. Just like VY.

Enjoy the circus, Jets fans. I'm more than happy with Manuel and Thad. Under the radar, baby.

Go Bills!

I'm happy he is at Jets. Although he was an elite athlete at one point of his career, he is no longer a threat. If the Bills are even slightly better than last year and Marrone has the team ready, the Bills should be #2 in division minimum. I feel like Bills can/should pass up Jets and Miami.

Vick can still sling it. I bet Rex lets them fight it out in training camp.

I'm worried that Vick will be motivated to win the job. And come to play. After all he DID win the job last year in Philly and it was only after he got hurt he lost his job too.

Vick maybe the 2nd best QB in the division right now.

is it wrong that i still don't like him because of the dog thing? if so, i apologize. in completely football related matters, i'm glad he is not on this team because i think he is careless with the football, has lost just enough of his athletecism to make him just "a guy", and makes poor decisions on the field. and for all those reasons i am really happy he is a NJ Jet.