We need to pick a tackle in the 1st or 2nd

The best thing for our team right now is to have a dominant O-line. For EJ, for the runners, to give our defense a rest, to score points and win games.

Consider teams like the Jets who we play twice a year that have a very strong pair of DT's in Richardson and Wilkerson. (Richardson is already the best in the league after one year) Our guards are both going to be helping Eric Wood all game handling those two, which leaves our tackles all alone on both sides. Look at what Miami just did with getting Houston DT Earl Mitchell to play alongside Starks and Cameron Wake.

If our tackles can't play well, that means a TE or Freddy or someone will have to help out blocking which means less effective offensive weapons. Picking a versatile stud tackle in the top ten makes a ton of sense to me. It's insurance if Glenn gets hurt, and in order to run the ball in this league consistently you need to have a beast at right tackle. There are many examples of high draft picks playing RT and staying there permanently because teams see what an impact they can have (San Diego, San Fran etc)

It occurs to me that the teams with great O lines always seem to go far into the post season, but not all teams with great skill players do.

This game is about the trenches and it always has been, always will be. We had 3 D lineman in the pro bowl this year, lets give our O line the highest priority in this draft and get setup for years to come.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see an upgrade at RT, yes...I don't think, however, that drafting solely for need is a good approach.

This team should, IMO, be drafting BPA in round 1, especially given the overall talent level of this year's class, which is considerably higher than any other in the past 5 years.

I believe a quality starting RT can be found as late as round 3 this year.

Agreed.

Pears should be a backup. Hairston is a complete question mark. RT is a big need. Dominate the LOS, and you dominate the opponent (for the most part).

We should target TE or WR in the 2nd round: Jordan Matthews has all the tools to be a very good NFL WR.

Based on FA and what I've heard some of the "experts" say about the depth in the Draft at WR and OT, I'd say that's exactly their plan...they got who they think is their starting LG and now, i think they have the focus of OT in 1st or 2nd, depending on where they actually end up Drafting and who is available...

Alright, fine. Here's my second Bills Mock Draft. Y'all twisted my arm.

1. Mike Evans, WR out of Texas A&M

2. Morgan Moses, OT out of Virginia

3. Jackson Jeffcoat, DE out of Texas

4. Shayne Skov, ILB out of Stanford

5. Kenny Ladler, FS out of Vanderbilt

6. John Urschel, OG out of Penn State

7. Connor Shaw, QB out of South Carolina

You're leaving out a RB, which I do think the BILLS take a run at in the 4th....nothing against Skov, just the BILLS trying to plan for next year when Fredex and maybe Spiller are no longer on the team, FJax to retirement and Spiller to trade...

You're leaving out a RB, which I do think the BILLS take a run at in the 4th....nothing against Skov, just the BILLS trying to plan for next year when Fredex and maybe Spiller are no longer on the team, FJax to retirement and Spiller to trade...

I had a RB slated in my first mock draft but with the signing of Dixon I feel like the Bills have solved that problem. They wouldn't keep a 4th RB on the main roster IMO this season.

I had a RB slated in my first mock draft but with the signing of Dixon I feel like the Bills have solved that problem. They wouldn't keep a 4th RB on the main roster IMO this season.

And you may be right, but this is also the team that kept 2 Kickers on the active roster, and if they truly go BPA and Williams from B.C. is there in the 4th, I just don't see the BILLS passing on him, they will let him learn behind the two vets and grow into that position next year, when they truly need him...JMO

Looks good positionally...I'm not a big Morgan Moses fan, as I'd prefer a guy like Bitonio from Nevada or Thomas from Clemson in round 2.

I also don't think Skov gets to round 4...I like how you're thinking though.

what good is a wr when the QB is on his back the 4th most sacks in the league ?

#9 - OT best available if one of robinson, Matthews or lewan.

#41- TE Austin seferian Jenkins

#73- QB AJ McCarron

Perhaps you could wander on over to the OL thread and take part in the discussion...

Pears is not a swing tackle because he simply can't play LT. It would surprise me if they took an OT in the first round given how difficult it is to market the position and the team needs as much hype as possible. At the same time, I can see a scenario where they take an OT in the 2nd or 3rd, pencil him in and then cut Pears before camp starts.