Chris Williams signed

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Solid signing. will be our starting left guard in between wood and glenn. Dont know what everyone is

looking for as our left guards sucked last year and you dont pay left guard levitre money. This builds some

cohesiveness on our left side, which is ej's blindside. And if he doesnt pan our its only 5.5 guarentee, smart

move by whaley...now keep signing solid players...

What a joke. Passing off a glorified Collin Brown for another team as an upgrade.

Well hold up, I'm not a huge fan of the guy but he was a former first round pick who has started most of his career at two positions.

Colin Brown was a 5th rounder who couldn't hold down a counter job at Mighty Taco.

$5.5M gtd seems reasonable for a mid-tier OG...if he lives up to that contract it'll be a solid move.

He's an upgrade that for sure

Agreed. Considering Levitre got 8M LAST year, his contract seems very middling to me.

For all we know, he'll play RG.

Plus, in addition to Legursky/Brown, these are the personnel guys who also brought us Glenn and from the scrap heap Peers and Urbrik. I'm guessing they have slightly more credibility than a website who whittles offensive line play to numbers (sounds comical at face value)

What a joke. Passing off a glorified Collin Brown for another team as an upgrade.

Bill Polian rated him a "B" in his FA guide. Profootball Focus said he kinda stunk. We'll see.

But I'm sure you've scouted him extensively and realized the Bills made a massive, massive 13.5 million dollar blunder.

$5.5M gtd seems reasonable for a mid-tier OG...if he lives up to that contract it'll be a solid move.

He's an upgrade that for sure

I'm an upgrade

Solid signing. will be our starting left guard in between wood and glenn. Dont know what everyone is

looking for as our left guards sucked last year and you dont pay left guard levitre money. This builds some

cohesiveness on our left side, which is ej's blindside. And if he doesnt pan our its only 5.5 guarentee, smart

move by whaley...now keep signing solid players...

No, you don't pay bums anything.

Edited by NewEra

It's hilarious how many posters are o line experts. I fully admit I rarely watch the oline play. It's boring. But the guy was a 1st rounder and just started for a Jeff Fisher coached team. He played in the best defensive division in the NFL.

I have no idea how good he is but people need to stop acting like they are experts. They're the same people who cried when we didn't get Tyson Clabo.

Bill Polian rated him a "B" in his FA guide. Profootball Focus said he kinda stunk. We'll see.

But I'm sure you've scouted him extensively and realized the Bills made a massive, massive 13.5 million dollar blunder.

Bill Polian also thinks Bethea is better than Jairus Byrd. I don't need to scout the guy, other people have done that for me and from what I've read he's trash. But I hope you're enjoying your kool-aid right now.

You raise good points. Now let's examine Chicago. They drafted both Williams & Carmi (sp) as 1st round picks. They were both generally thought of as 1st round talents. Was Chicago's evaluation that off, poor coaching, or they both whiffed on 2 stiffs?

Williams was drafted in a group behind jake long, and ryan clady that included brandon albert, Cherilus and Jeff Otah. so he was the 3rd tackle off the board. with a few others RIGHT after him.

If i recall, and not trying to project here, Albert was considered the safe bet but might not be a tackle. The other 3 were guys that may have been sucked into the vacuum of big need and little talent available.

as for carimi - looking for a LT at 29 is a tough one. its a premium position. hes now signing with his 3rd team, as is williams and neither did great at any stop so far.

i dont know that hes a guy i want to hang with for atleast a couple years as a starter. as a swing back up sure, but it doesnt seem thats what a 3m+ a year deal with 2 years guaranteed is going to be. maybe he will fall to that long term though.

From teh article posted earlier:

For what it’s worth, Pro Football Focus graded Williams at minus-21.8, the worst grade of any player on the team.

Bill Polian also thinks Bethea is better than Jairus Byrd. I don't need to scout the guy, other people have done that for me and from what I've read he's trash. But I hope you're enjoying your kool-aid right now.

yup. a guy he drafted. donald brown is also the best RB option, oddly.

i think bill let his old evaluations, and perhaps ego get into some of the rankings which make it tough to fully trust.

Edited by NoSaint

Agreed. Considering Levitre got 8M LAST year, his contract seems very middling to me.

For all we know, he'll play RG.

Plus, in addition to Legursky/Brown, these are the personnel guys who also brought us Glenn and from the scrap heap Peers and Urbrik. I'm guessing they have slightly more credibility than a website who whittles offensive line play to numbers (sounds comical at face value)

Disagree. I favor nerds with calculators and formulas for oline play over Bill Polian. I always thought Polian was slightly overrated because of the QBs he had, but he was great at finding offensive linemen.

It's hilarious how many posters are o line experts. I fully admit I rarely watch the oline play. It's boring. But the guy was a 1st rounder and just started for a Jeff Fisher coached team. He played in the best defensive division in the NFL.

I have no idea how good he is but people need to stop acting like they are experts. They're the same people who cried when we didn't get Tyson Clabo.

plus 10