I'm mad as hell & I'm not gonna take it any more!

Virgil

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but I think I'm the rational one. I am not sure why some people are still complaining about Antoine Winfield leaving in the 2014 offseason?

I liked the Aaron Williams signing a lot, Carpenter some, indifferent on Chris Williams and have no idea why you would bother bringing Caussin back. I would not pay $9M a year to a FS that is strictly a CF.

I apologize for breaking it down to actual football decisions. I guess that I should just whine about decisions from 10 years ago?

The reports on chris williams are very bad. caussin hasnt done jack. You may want to rephrase your statement re byrd. "I would not pay 9m a year to a fs that the nfl has as #1 on the most wanted free agent list, who I think is strictly a cf."

I would have been excited if they signed Byrd. But would have been content with at least the franchise tag. That's still money. Plus I believe it comes with a 20% increase from the previous year if you tag 2 times. I'm sorry but I dont really care about a football player's feelings.

Oh and the kicker is fine too.

I apologize for keeping it real.

Edit: Byrd dropped to number 2 because of Revis. But still.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

Can I ask you a question? Why do you feel the need to pathologically defend OBD around here? It seems like whatever the topic is, you're leading the defensive stand on behalf of the Bills' front office, which has an abysmal record of failure over the past 14 years and seems to be repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

Maybe he works for the Bills?

Not looking for any big splashes this year. My philosophy would be don't create any holes, and try to improve a little on your weakest links. So, I'd like to see them retain Byrd and chandler, then pick up a G, LB, and CB for depth.

2 out of the last 3, but lost Byrd. Hope we can get the other 2 done.

If you didn't see improvement from 2012 to 2013, you weren't watching the games.

Improvement from 6-10 to 6-10 you mean?

Moral victories are for pusssies. Give me real wins and titles.

I guess that I should just whine about decisions from 10 years ago?

I would say then you're too young to understand but based on your user name, that can't be true. Maybe it's just blind homerism, which is fine, but admit it for what it is. No one is complaining that they let Winfield go, they are complaining about a repeating pattern that's been going on for 13 years and counting. What else has been going on int that same time? Oh, nothing, just the league's longest playoff drought.

If you don't think there is a connection, you haven't been paying close enough attention to how poorly this franchise continues to be run.

After 14 years of futility I don't think it's the "sky is falling gang" that is ridiculous.

While the defense is loaded up with top #1 & #2 round draft picks the Bills felt the need to being in a craptastic #1 pick at OG. Although Chris Williams failed badly with the team that drafted him in Chicago, and he still is the NFL playing OG with St Louis last season you have to admire the Bills for signing a failed #1 to the O line.

Only in Buffalo would a team replace the highest graded player on the O line (Andy Levitre) with two of the lowest graded players in the NFL, only to cut them both after two regular season games. Then start the backup center at LG who graded as the worst player on the Steelers very bad O line in Doug Legursky. So, now the team has signed one of the very worst players they could possibly find at OG. Welcome to 6-10 again :lol:

"Last season Williams led all Rams linemen with 923 snaps despite being one of the worst graded guards in the NFL (-21.8)"

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/03/03/team-needs-st-louis-rams/

While the defense is loaded up with top #1 & #2 round draft picks the Bills felt the need to being in a craptastic #1 pick at OG. Although Chris Williams failed badly with the team that drafted him in Chicago, and he still is the NFL playing OG with St Louis last season you have to admire the Bills for signing a failed #1 to the O line.

Only in Buffalo would a team replace the highest graded player on the O line (Andy Levitre) with two of the lowest graded players in the NFL, only to cut them both after two regular season games. Then start the backup center at LG who graded as the worst player on the Steelers very bad O line in Doug Legursky. So, now the team has signed one of the very worst players they could possibly find at OG. Welcome to 6-10 again :lol:

"Last season Williams led all Rams linemen with 923 snaps despite being one of the worst graded guards in the NFL (-21.8)"

https://www.profootb...-st-louis-rams/

So you're saying he's durable?

The Bills sign a turd of a player, spread some frosting and sprinkles on top, and tell the loyal fans he's a brownie. And people take a bite of that. LOL When will they learn.

After all, like BB said, he is a durable former #1 draft pick for that O line....he, he, he must be good because Williams' deal includes $5.5 million guaranteed.

I just don't see the frosting and sprinkles tho :bag: I just see a turd that replaced several other turds. Its sok, the O line doesn't matter to this new GM, as he was trained by the good ole bumpkin.

Besides, EJ doesn't mind running for his life on his gimp knee :lol:

Improvement from 6-10 to 6-10 you mean?

Moral victories are for pusssies. Give me real wins and titles.

I would say then you're too young to understand but based on your user name, that can't be true. Maybe it's just blind homerism, which is fine, but admit it for what it is. No one is complaining that they let Winfield go, they are complaining about a repeating pattern that's been going on for 13 years and counting. What else has been going on int that same time? Oh, nothing, just the league's longest playoff drought.

If you don't think there is a connection, you haven't been paying close enough attention to how poorly this franchise continues to be run.

You can accuse me of a lot of things but not paying close enough attention to the Bills is not 1. They have signed some stupidly (see Kelsay) but have also resigned Aaron Williams, Kyle Williams, Eric Wood, Leodis McKelvin, Stevie Johnson, Fred Jackson and Kraig Urbik. That is 7 starters: Glenn, Dareus, Spiller, Woods, Kiko, Hughes, Manuel and Gilmore are not yet eligible for extensions. They signed their starting LG, OLB and star DE in free agency as well as a 3rd CB. That covers a lot of positions that money has been spent on. The only place that we can really complain now about letting someone walk is FS. LG took a year and is likely a downgrade but $3.5M for that spot is not being cheap.

I don't see the pattern that everyone is referring to? Poz, Byrd & Levitre were overpaid IMO. They were good players but not great. You pay for great player (See Williams, Mario). They screwed up on Lynch & got a 1st (and cap savings) for Peters. A lot of these moves are 5 plus years ago now. The times have certainly changed. They need to resign Glenn & Dareus next.

Byrd is not worth $9/yr? Tell me, how much do you think a 3x probowler with the most INT's by a safety since 2009 who is still in the prime of his career at 27 worth then? $3m/yr?! Some of you are delusional.

Theres a trend. Dareus wont be worth it either - wait and watch the circus here.

Dareus will demand top $$$ at his position. He wont be worth it.

No Byrd is not worth 9 mil a year...know why?.... he's a safety....granted a good ballhawking safety but still a safety. You don't tie up that kind of money in Byrd when there's other huge holes to fill plus our own to resign Dareus, etc. Aaron Williams in my opinion will do just fine and I feel is more physical than Byrd. Now that being said Will the Bills do that? who knows and don't discount that Byrd wasn't signing here no matter what. He wants to play for a winner. take the last 14 yrs and counting and you'll see that that is not in Buffalo.

Edited by LVBillsBackr