[closed]The Chris Williams signing will tell us a lot about our new ma

gjv001

Most pro football pundits have expressed their disdain for the Bills signing of OG Chris Williams. Only time will tell if they are correct in their opinions. I believe this signing will offer us excellent insight into the player evaluation talents of the current Bills player personnel brain trust.

Yes, Hughes, Manny and Alan were all very good acquisitions.

Yes, all national media outlets reported all of these transactions as inconsequential or flat-out bad. All Bills fans should keep this in mind over the next few days.

What still is in question, is who wanted these guys, Pettine or the Doug's?

Judging by Cleveland's acquisitions over the last 36 hrs. I am thinking it was the Doug's (and of course their staff relating to player inquiry).

I guess Geoff Schwartz was too expensive and good, way to go all out for winning Russ.

Geoff Schwartz wanted to play for Buffalo and we refused? Link?

Yes, all national media outlets reported all of these transactions as inconsequential or flat-out bad. All Bills fans should keep this in mind over the next few days.

What still is in question, is who wanted these guys, Pettine or the Doug's?

Judging by Cleveland's acquisitions over the last 36 hrs. I am thinking it was the Doug's (and of course their staff relating to player inquiry).

If they were Pettine's then Whitner could have been too. Would you have settled for a Whitner/Byrd swap?

Geoff Schwartz wanted to play for Buffalo and we refused? Link?

there was a thread on him coming here but just speculation, the point is we don't go after quality if it costs too much. We made the mistake of spending the farm on Mario and now the brain trust has gone the other way in buying low rent guys that are OK to poor.

there was a thread on him coming here but just speculation, the point is we don't go after quality if it costs too much. We made the mistake of spending the farm on Mario and now the brain trust has gone the other way in buying low rent guys that are OK to poor.

This makes absolutely zero sense. You malign them for not going after quality like Schwartz but they paid too much for Mario?

This makes absolutely zero sense. You malign them for not going after quality like Schwartz but they paid too much for Mario?

No no, you missed the part where Mario was a mistake. Remember, this coming from the guy who wanted to trade him for Skelton. Never mind him being--without question--our best defensive player in 2013.

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/6681/losing-williams-offers-chance-to-upgrade

As if the $42.5 million contract for Rodger Saffold with the Oakland Raiders didn't provide enough evidence of the NFL's desperation for offensive line help, the Buffalo Bills offered a resounding confirmation Wednesday when they agreed to an even more stunning contract with another former Rams lineman.

As ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter reported Wednesday morning, the Bills struck a deal with former Rams left guard Chris Williams on a four-year, $13.5 million deal with $5.5 million guaranteed. Yes, you read that right. I re-read it a few times to make sure I didn't have a digit off in some place.

another espn article. this one goes on to cover that being next to long and having an excellent line coach probably helped a lot... so that might hurt some of the expected bump he will get from glenn and marrone. it does mention that he struggled worst against the division but its not like we wont play several good defensive lines next year

Really? ALL of them? I love this.

Anyway, if signing this guy prevents them from blowing their top pick on the O-line, I'm all for it.