Post-Byrd Salary Cap, FA & Draft Targets

Interesting breakdown of where the Bills are spending their money now, projections for 2014, where the Bills should spend in 2014 FA, and what the Bills should do in the draft... if Byrd is gone

Rob Quinn@RQUINN619 26m

Breaking Down The #Bills Salary Cap Situation and Potential Free Agent/Draft Targets

http://forgedinbuffalo.com/media/forged/breaking-buffalo-bills-salary-cap-possible-free-agent-targets/

Edited by YoloinOhio

I can't say I don't agree with almost everything he suggests. I'd be trilled if Whaley just reads this column and follows it exactly, I like the Mike Evens 1st round selection too as he's the big physical receiver as opposed to Sammy Watkins. Only bit of a concern is may still be lacking a 3rd down MLB

Great article. It is interesting about what he says about our "needs" at safety and defensive end. He assumes Byrd is gone and scarcely gives a shrug. He also fills some of our holes or depth with free agents at MLB, ROT/LOG and CB. It would be nice not to have to fill these through the draft , but I don't think us draftniks have much info about who they Bills are talking with. That sorta makes draft speculations useless.

Edited by maryland-bills-fan

I have been on the Zach Strief train for a little while. He graded out as the top RT in football last year and the Saints are up against it. There has been mutual interest between New Orleans and Strief but it would have to be a hometown discount type of deal. If Strief hits the open market I don't think that he remains in NOLA.

I have been on the Zach Strief train for a little while. He graded out as the top RT in football last year and the Saints are up against it. There has been mutual interest between New Orleans and Strief but it would have to be a hometown discount type of deal. If Strief hits the open market I don't think that he remains in NOLA.

im still amazed seeing he graded out that well. i always chalk him up as middle of the pack reliable kind of player. wouldnt mind the signing, but isnt a cant miss guy for me like some posters

im still amazed seeing he graded out that well. i always chalk him up as middle of the pack reliable kind of player. wouldnt mind the signing, but isnt a cant miss guy for me like some posters

I never thought that he was all that good until this past year. His grade is in part a function of Brees' ability to get rid of the football but he is still probably a top 5-10 RT. If you did that you could have a top 5-10 RT and a top 5-10 LT. If they use a 2nd - 3rd round pick on a starting LG you have a good OL.

I never thought that he was all that good until this past year. His grade is in part a function of Brees' ability to get rid of the football but he is still probably a top 5-10 RT. If you did that you could have a top 5-10 RT and a top 5-10 LT. If they use a 2nd - 3rd round pick on a starting LG you have a good OL.

yea, i may admittedly be swayed by my opinion of his play in past years and not watching him terribly close this year. and hes old enough that even with buying high the price shouldnt be crazy. wouldnt mind him paired with a midround tackle to develop long term.

woww....he really does.

Like the suggestions in the article a lot. Although my choice for CB would be Rasheed Reynolds out of Oregon St.

There is a CB from N. Illinois I like a lot - Jimmie Ward. I think we'll have some options in later rounds unless someone falls who is a BPA they take sooner.