Who is your "I knew we should have drafted him" pick??

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My top two are already mentioned here. Shayne Skov and Davante Adams... We'll probably grab someone WAY too early, with an extremely high "bust" potential like Eric Ebron.

Exactly. According Mel Kiper's draft board, we drafted Kiko too early. Idiots. We need you to run the show.

I liked the idea of the past and the present. My player from the past was WR Jordy Nelson. Man I wanted the Bills to take this guy! I plastered the message board with every highlight video that I could find. So who did the Bills take take that year??! Of course that colossal bust WR James Hardy! I'd love to see a "Where Are They Now?" Story on that guy! Lol!

My player of the present is going to be West Virginia's RB Charles Sims. There you have it, I sure do hope that the Bills take him in the 3rd rd, no later than the 4th.

http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130416/SPORTS/130419701/1030/IU

Pursuing a modeling/acting career. I actually wish him well.

I really like David Fluellen. Smooth runner, 5'11 223. Kind of reminds me of Matt forte with less speed and a bit more oomph. Reads his blocks well and while he doesn't have top end speed, has a nice burst through his cuts. Bishop Sankey is the only RB I think is worth taking in round 2. I really love his skill set. I don't think we'd pull the trigger on him that early, so I'd be happy with Fluellen in the 4th-6th. I think he'll be a contributor.

Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB from nebraska looks the part, but only has limited experience playing CB, he's a converted WR. 6'3 219 and led all CBs at the combine with a 41' inch vertical. Not a blazer at 4.61 40, he's got potential to become a solid addition. His combine probably made him a 2nd, maybe even 1st round pick IMO. Not so much a sleeper, but i think he could be good.

Just so we're clear: the idea is to state who you'd like the team to draft in the upcoming 2014 draft that will be available in the 3rd round or later, correct?

yes Bandit...I think there were threads out there re. "Who we didn't pick in the past"...I wanted you guys to go on record and say "This kid looks like a stud and won't be picked until later, but next year we'll al be talking about him at the end of the season"...like Sherman, or TY Hilton or Wilson or Arian Foster or Victor Cruz. It's easy for everyone next year to say "Ohhh, I always knew that guy was good...we should have picked him in the 5th round". This is the chance for people to put it on the record. Hence, very few people are talking about Brandon Coleman from Rutgers but I think he looks like a WR that a QB could fall in love with.

It's kind of funny when people go back to old drafts. Everyone is like, "I really loved Tom Brady coming out. I would have not let him get past my pick in the 2nd if I were GM."

:lol: So true. And I'll throw John Urschel of Penn State into the mix. Bit of a homer bit (yeah Canisius) but the guy has been successful at everything. How cool would it we got him later in the draft and he develops into a quality G for us?

I liked the idea of the past and the present. My player from the past was WR Jordy Nelson. Man I wanted the Bills to take this guy! I plastered the message board with every highlight video that I could find. So who did the Bills take take that year??! Of course that colossal bust WR James Hardy! I'd love to see a "Where Are They Now?" Story on that guy! Lol!

My player of the present is going to be West Virginia's RB Charles Sims. There you have it, I sure do hope that the Bills take him in the 3rd rd, no later than the 4th.

Jordy was off the board before we took Hardy. Nelson went 36th and Hardy went 41st. That year McKelvin was our first and only 1st round pick at 11.

Aaron Murray. QB. Georgia. If you can get me a QB who completes more than 63% of his passes in the SEC and throws for 13,000 yards AND you can get him in the 4th on down, I don't care how tall he is. I think you want someone better than Tuel in the hole to develop in case EJ falters. I sincerely believe that QB will come this year in the 4th round. Maybe 5th.

Aaron Murray. QB. Georgia. If you can get me a QB who completes more than 63% of his passes in the SEC and throws for 13,000 yards AND you can get him in the 4th on down, I don't care how tall he is. I think you want someone better than Tuel in the hole to develop in case EJ falters. I sincerely believe that QB will come this year in the 4th round. Maybe 5th.

I like this. I'm also a big fan of Mettenberger and his arm strength plus the value added with how far he'll fall because of his injury.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

I really like Murray as well. At worst, I think he's a solid backup. IF he was there in the 3rd or later, let's get him.

I like this. I'm also a big fan of Mettenberger and his arm strength plus the value added with how far he'll fall because of his injury.

I'm not a fan of his. I just don't see anything special about him. Could be wrong though but I feel like that would be a wasted pick.

I really like Murray as well. At worst, I think he's a solid backup. IF he was there in the 3rd or later, let's get him.

I'm not a fan of his. I just don't see anything special about him. Could be wrong though but I feel like that would be a wasted pick.

You could be right. I think of Mettenberger the same way I thought of Mallett. Big guys with huge arms.

Since we've referenced both QB's, I think this article is interesting:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000250467/article/ask-5-whos-better-aaron-murray-or-zach-mettenberger