Jairus Byrd [was Jarius Byrd]

That must be what the Bills are thinking as far as I can imagine, if this "source" is to be trusted. Nothing materialized in terms of trade last season and it doesn't appear, from the source, that it is materializing this year. I still think the Bills should tag him and ride it out until July 15th, then if they want to cut him, if they can't find any trading partners.

Yea sure, you could get Byrd to play in 2014, but that's unlikely to happen for the full season, so they Bills will have to game plan for another FS/SS combo, which will probably be Williams/Searcy. And if they look good through 8 games (the maximum amount of time Byrd could sit before getting paid) why make the switch to Byrd?

I don't get not tagging him still though, just so the ball is in their court, although who knows which side this leak came from.

You think no one is willing to trade for Byrd b/c they know that ultimately he will be a FA or do you think that no one is willing to give the Bills what they're asking?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That must be what the Bills are thinking as far as I can imagine, if this "source" is to be trusted. Nothing materialized in terms of trade last season and it doesn't appear, from the source, that it is materializing this year. I still think the Bills should tag him and ride it out until July 15th, then if they want to cut him, if they can't find any trading partners.

Yea sure, you could get Byrd to play in 2014, but that's unlikely to happen for the full season, so they Bills will have to game plan for another FS/SS combo, which will probably be Williams/Searcy. And if they look good through 8 games (the maximum amount of time Byrd could sit before getting paid) why make the switch to Byrd?

I don't get not tagging him still though, just so the ball is in their court, although who knows which side this leak came from.

Leonhard is a two year contract right?

Preach on brother! People are hanging their hat on a compensatory pick?

Yes. A compensatory pick. In a draft that will be thin due to all of the underclassmen coming out this year. Unbelievable.

You think no one is willing to trade for Byrd b/c they know that ultimately he will be a FA or do you think that no one is willing to give the Bills what they're asking?

I think choice 47. The Bills said go see what you can get. If you can get more money take it. But we are going to offer you $xx. If you want to come back and sign after looking to see you won't get more, OK. If you just want out of Buffalo, bye.

Yes. A compensatory pick. In a draft that will be thin due to all of the underclassmen coming out this year. Unbelievable.

as a Bills fan I must ask... really? Unbelievable?

Could be that or it could be they don't want to pay that much for a FS. It could also be the Bills lined up a couple of teams to trade with and Byrd flat out declined them. Who knows.

Point is and it's a pretty big point, as far as we as fans are aware, they couldn't find a trading partner last off season before July 15th and it wouldn't be that big of a stretch to assume they won't be able to find one this off season.

The only thing I can think of is Byrd and his agent Eugene Assclown told the Bills if they franchise and try to trade him, they will refuse to report to that team. That would keep a trade from happening. And Byrd can sit until week 10 I believe and not play and still get his year in. I still say tag him

Could be that or it could be they don't want to pay that much for a FS. It could also be the Bills lined up a couple of teams to trade with and Byrd flat out declined them. Who knows.

Point is and it's a pretty big point, as far as we as fans are aware, they couldn't find a trading partner last off season before July 15th and it wouldn't be that big of a stretch to assume they won't be able to find one this off season.

how can Byrd decline a team that he would be traded too? He doesn't have the rights. He is owned by the tag

The only thing I can think of is Byrd and his agent Eugene Assclown told the Bills if they franchise and try to trade him, they will refuse to report to that team. That would keep a trade from happening. And Byrd can sit until week 10 I believe and not play and still get his year in. I still say tag him

so? That'll be the next teams problem. Not ours.

they will refuse to sign a long term deal with the new team.

how can Byrd decline a team that he would be traded too? He doesn't have the rights. He is owned by the tag

He can refuse to sign the tender, like he did last season. And therefore isn't under contract to trade. He'd have to sign the tender first, then they can trade.

EDIT: So if the Bills line up a team and Byrd doesn't like that team for whatever reason, he could just refuse to sign the offer.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

He can refuse to sign the tender, like he did last season. And therefore isn't under contract to trade. He'd have to sign the tender first, then they can trade.

His problem, let him rot in the bench. The team can't afford to look like pussies.

His problem, let him rot in the bench. The team can't afford to look like pussies.

Oh I agree, they need to tag him anyways. I don't think they'd get a full season out of him anyways and would do a fair amount of damage just holding onto him until July 15th. Teams would have game planned for the season already, possibly spent up their cap space, so the teams he could go to would be limited. Wouldn't make him happy at all.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Oh I agree, they need to tag him anyways. I don't think they'd get a full season out of him anyways and would do a fair amount of damage just holding onto him until July 15th. Teams would have game planned for the season already, possibly spent up their cap space, so the teams he could go to would be limited. Wouldn't make him happy at all.

and again would cost us the possibility of a compensatory pick

They already look weak to the rest of the league and league observers. Dealing talent like Peters, Lynch, and not coming to terms with Byrd illustrate this.

Edited by BillsVet

and again would cost us the possibility of a compensatory pick

It would, but if the plans are to sign some key FA's, that likely compensatory pick would be possibly a 6th or 7th.

EDIT: Or in the case of last year and Levitre, no compensatory picks.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

First we hear Whaley say we will pursue all of our options when it comes to Jairus Byrd. Then we hear talks are going "pleasantly". And now we hear the Bills won't tag Byrd and he has rejected an excellent offer.

It's funny how we all believe the third report the most. We know this team. This is their M.O. This is why we suck.

They already look weak to the rest of the league and league observers. Dealing talent like Peters, Lynch, and not coming to terms with Byrd illustrate this.

That is, of course, your opinion.