Question on RT Hairston

AtlBills

Does anyone have an update on Hairston's status for he upcoming season? The reports on his status have been very vague and I am wondering is he even physically ready to play? What exactly was his physical issue that landed him on IR for the year, a hip issue? Maybe it's time to cut him if he is physically unable to go for OTA's this spring.

Can't make the club in the tub.....

Does anyone have an update on Hairston's status for he upcoming season? The reports on his status have been very vague and I am wondering is he even physically ready to play? What exactly was his physical issue that landed him on IR for the year, a hip issue? Maybe it's time to cut him if he is physically unable to go for OTA's this spring.

Can't make the club in the tub.....

The last I saw or heard of him was in August at SJF, he was walking around the track like he was an 80 year old man -- he looked like he wasn't even close to being able to play. It's an odd mystery, I've asked myself the same question especially since the Bills haven't spoken about him or his injury all season and since end of season. I think they'll cut Pears due to performance and what they can save on cap, but, it would make all of us feel better if we know Hairston was 100% healthy and able to compete with a FA or draftee for RT.

Edited by TXBILLSFAN

The lack of disclosure on this matter is the Bills keeping the faith with the NFL players contract. Non football matters are personal, and will not be the subject of a bills announcement/disclosure. He will either be there or he will not be there. Get used to that, as I suspect that is all we are getting terms of info.

Unfortunately, respecting a player's right to privacy is necessary. However, you would think the team could at least say whether he is expected to be available for the coming season or simply say that is return date is unknown due to non-football related issues.

The last I saw or heard of him was in August at SJF, he was walking around the track like he was an 80 year old man -- he looked like he wasn't even close to being able to play. It's an odd mystery, I've asked myself the same question especially since the Bills haven't spoken about him or his injury all season and since end of season. I think they'll cut Pears due to performance and what they can save on cap, but, it would make all of us feel better if we know Hairston was 100% healthy and able to compete with a FA or draftee for RT.

I saw the same thing at SJF on the days I went. Would be interesting to know his status, I thought he played fairly well in his rookie year when pressed into service.

I don't get all the attention Hairston receives. People seem to think he's an integral part of the O-line which he is not. Extremely replaceable imo.

I think it's two-fold:

1) He's proven that he can play in this league. He may never be a full-time starter; his role as a swing OT is critical for depth reasons.

2) His health is the difference between the team needing to add 1 vs. 2 players at the OT position this off-season.

I think it's two-fold:

1) He's proven that he can play in this league. He may never be a full-time starter; his role as a swing OT is critical for depth reasons.

2) His health is the difference between the team needing to add 1 vs. 2 players at the OT position this off-season.

this

he is replaceable, but thats ANOTHER tackle that needs to be replaced if he does.

and this

I think it's two-fold:

Word

Hairston is at best a backup and Pears is most likely on the way out so I fully expect the Bills to draft a tackle early in this draft

In a perfect world Hairston is healthy.

I am all for the Bills drafting a tackle in the 3rd -4th round that could compete with Hairston for the RT spot. I just am not keen on drafting a tackle in rounds one or two.

No way the Bills will be able to sign Glenn and another tackle while Woods is also signed.

Unfortunately, respecting a player's right to privacy is necessary. However, you would think the team could at least say whether he is expected to be available for the coming season or simply say that is return date is unknown due to non-football related issues.

Why is medical privacy unfortunate?