Our 7-Round DraftSim takes Offense

Astrobot

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I take back what I said about Ebron. I don't think he's worth such a high pick after watching some tape. Can't block, undersized, good hands but not worth a top 10 pick. I feel like they can get someone later on maybe in round 2.

Nothing I've watched of Robinson makes me think starting LT. He might be better at RT or G. Good run blocker. I think Matthews is legit though

http://www.drafttek.com/2014-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp

I say "our" because Bills' team needs are generated here at Two Bills Drive by polls and discussion. I'm proud of the editing I did this week as I made sure Analysts included at least one link.

Astro

That's horrific outside of Robinson and Andre Williams in the 5th. He will shoot up draft boards.

Robinson makes me nervous. He only played Guard for 2 years in high school and then 1 in college before being moved to the most important position on the field besides QB last yr (left tackle). I don't like when a high pick lacks experience (aaron maybin). If Matthews (a senior and obvious OL pedigree) is gone then I'm putting my sights on LB or TE. I wouldn't be too upset if they got Ebron if they felt like he was worth such a high pick (if he's jimmy graham caliber). We need help on offense so that should be our focus

Weren't these the same concerns people had about Cordy Glenn?

That's horrific outside of Robinson and Andre Williams in the 5th. He will shoot up draft boards.

He's not shooting far.

Andre Williams is my 9th-rated RB. He's tied with Carlos Hyde for the slowest of the top eleven. He has the 2nd-lowest ypc vs AP-ranked teams, including 2.2 ypc vs USC, 2.9 vs Clemson. He hasn't caught a pass this year. He has injury concerns. He profited from the spread (system RB), and he's been injured more than once due to a running style that won't guarantee longevity.

Yeah, I saw Borland and thought, what if we took Packers WR James Jones in FA? Take Borland there. My favorite ILB is Skov for what we're trying to do, but RD2 extra pick is needed for him--RD3#73 will be too late.

Now your talking!

Signing Jones in FA and then drafting Robinson, Sefarian-Jenkins, & Borland would be a big win for the Bills.

I also noticed that in your most recent mock that Gabe Jackson is still available in the 3rd round. As much as I like Borland and as much as the Bills need help at LB, the thought of having both Greg Robinson & Gabe Jackson on our O-Line is very tantalizing.

He's not shooting far.

Andre Williams is my 9th-rated RB. He's tied with Carlos Hyde for the slowest of the top eleven. He has the 2nd-lowest ypc vs AP-ranked teams, including 2.2 ypc vs USC, 2.9 vs Clemson. He hasn't caught a pass this year. He has injury concerns. He profited from the spread (system RB), and he's been injured more than once due to a running style that won't guarantee longevity.

Other than that he's great though (sarcasm font). Edited by Kirby Jackson

Now your talking!

Signing Jones in FA and then drafting Robinson, Sefarian-Jenkins, & Borland would be a big win for the Bills.

I also noticed that in your most recent mock that Gabe Jackson is still available in the 3rd round. As much as I like Borland and as much as the Bills need help at LB, the thought of having both Greg Robinson & Gabe Jackson on our O-Line is very tantalizing.

I think the Bills are more satisfied with their TE situation than they think, and while Robinson-(insert Skov here)-Jackson won't generate fan buzz, it may be exactly what the Bills need--a dominant OL and a pair of ILBs that fly around.

simpleman, DraftTek's mocks are done by computer, and it will not "reach" for a player or position given its shopping list by Two Bills Drive. The current shopping list is a good discussion. Here was the positional needs listfor the mock draft we just put online at midnight:

P1---None (You can only have one P1 need, so computer selects BPA at all P2 positions)

P2---RT, OG, TE, WR, ILB

P3---DE43, FS, RB, WR

P4---OC, QB, OLB43, SS, CB

P6---DT43, LT

P9---everything else

I would definitely put DE43 at a P5, if there is such a setting. OC at P4? Is that so you can get a player and convert him to OG? If using that logic, wouldn't LT also be a P4?

I see WR is in both P2 & P3, would adding ILB in P3 as well give us a better shot at getting a ILB in the draft sim?

Edited by simpleman

He's not shooting far.

I stand by what I have seen out of the guy. Granted BC was weak this year he still had over 2100 yards and averaged 6.1 ypc, that's pretty good in an anemic offense like BCs I am not sure what injury concerns he only missed the second half of the Cuse game all year. I don't care where he gets his stats but hes hell of a player and plays faster than his 40.

Other than that he's great though (sarcasm font).

He was a Heisman finalist and lead the nation in rushing....ACC or not he's a stud and whoever snags him will get a solid RB.

I stand by what I have seen out of the guy. Granted BC was weak this year he still had over 2100 yards and averaged 6.1 ypc, that's pretty good in an anemic offense like BCs I am not sure what injury concerns he only missed the second half of the Cuse game all year. I don't care where he gets his stats but hes hell of a player and plays faster than his 40.

He was a Heisman finalist and lead the nation in rushing....ACC or not he's a stud and whoever snags him will get a solid RB.

I saw him a few times and I just came away underwhelmed. His stats don't lie I guess but especially against Arizona I just didn't see it. In the 5th to 7th rounds though I wouldn't mind him.

The Seahawks get Kelvin Benjamin?

Wonderful. :(

I'm really looking forward too watching Benjamin at the combine. He's a guy that has the potential to shoot up NFL draft boards if he hasn't already. Out of everyone in this draft being discussed as a 1st round possibility, this guy has me most intrigued in that I see Megatron and Green potential when I watch his highlight videos.

I see no way he gets past the Ravens at 17.

Wait, no one wants to take the 5th rated QB (since the top-4 are projected to be taken prior to the Bills' pick)? And forget Ebron. He's strictly a pass catcher, but his drop rate is sad. I also say forget OL and address it in FA.

Wait, no one wants to take the 5th rated QB (since the top-4 are projected to be taken prior to the Bills' pick)? And forget Ebron. He's strictly a pass catcher, but his drop rate is sad. I also say forget OL and address it in FA.

Anyone? Anyone? Ok, what if Carr was available?