Our 7-Round DraftSim takes Offense

Astrobot

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Draftek - the last sentences says it all and I couldn't say it any better.

"This week, Football Outsiders pegged Offensive Line as the Bills' greatest need. While only 58% of the Bills' 48 yielded sacks came with EJ under center, EJ's three knee surgeries signal which position needs shoring up the most. Robinson has been shooting up mock drafts, and the Combine might make selecting Robinson here impossible, but the demand for QBs will help. The Bills ran well between the guards last year but ran poorly outside, where they netted less than 4 ypc. Either Robinson or Jake Matthews can fix that; I think both are better than the three tackles that went in the first four picks last year. Get Pears out of the RT slot, give up on Hairston, and secure the line's next Pro Bowler. Freddy and CJ will thank you."

Edited by Your Mom

The Bills front office should jump off the Peace Bridge if they draft an RT, the least important position on either side of the ball with the 9th pick. It's not about how good or bad the player is, its about their importance and an RT is of very low importance. As in, 3rd or 4th round pick can be a day 1 starter many times.

Top 10 picks are supposed to be difference makers and no RT in the history of the NFL was a difference maker.

Wtf is with this draft an RT in the top 10? We talk about all this other BS and how the Bills are the laughing stock of the NFL, but I can guarantee people who know football would be laughing harder at taking an RT at pick 9 than pretty much anything else we've done recently...

The Bills front office should jump off the Peace Bridge if they draft an RT, the least important position on either side of the ball with the 9th pick. It's not about how good or bad the player is, its about their importance and an RT is of very low importance. As in, 3rd or 4th round pick can be a day 1 starter many times.

Top 10 picks are supposed to be difference makers and no RT in the history of the NFL was a difference maker.

Wtf is with this draft an RT in the top 10? We talk about all this other BS and how the Bills are the laughing stock of the NFL, but I can guarantee people who know football would be laughing harder at taking an RT at pick 9 than pretty much anything else we've done recently...

Are you insinuating that Mike Williams was a bad pick.

Are you insinuating that Mike Williams was a bad pick.

Lol, yes. And he was horrible on top of it. But he was drafted to be an LT, not a RT even tho he played some games there for us. He was Chris Simms blind side protector at RT in college because Simms was a lefty...

Edited by matter2003

Draftek - the last sentences says it all and I couldn't say it any better.

"This week, Football Outsiders pegged Offensive Line as the Bills' greatest need. While only 58% of the Bills' 48 yielded sacks came with EJ under center, EJ's three knee surgeries signal which position needs shoring up the most. Robinson has been shooting up mock drafts, and the Combine might make selecting Robinson here impossible, but the demand for QBs will help. The Bills ran well between the guards last year but ran poorly outside, where they netted less than 4 ypc. Either Robinson or Jake Matthews can fix that; I think both are better than the three tackles that went in the first four picks last year. Get Pears out of the RT slot, give up on Hairston, and secure the line's next Pro Bowler. Freddy and CJ will thank you."

Except drafting the least important position on the field on either side of the ball is a dumb idea when you can draft fill the hole perfectly well with a 3rd or 4th round pick and plug him in to start on day 1, then draft difference maker at another position with the 9th overall pick. If you can name 1 RT that was a difference maker in the history of the NFL, that will be 1 more than I can.

Edited by matter2003

Except drafting the least important position on the field on either side of the ball is a dumb idea when you can draft fill the hole perfectly well with a 3rd or 4th round pick and plug him in to start on day 1, then draft difference maker at another position with the 9th overall pick. If you can name 1 RT that was a difference maker in the history of the NFL, that will be 1 more than I can.

I am pretty much with you. Name 1 starting RT that was drafted in the top 9 with the intention of not blocking the blindside?