What is the earliest time of day you have had a beer?

millbank

You need to meet me in Vegas one weekend. Granted, the people with cocktails didn't just start, but seeing someone with a Jack-n-Coke, pack of Marlboros and a stack of chips at the Pai Gow table while I''m looking for coffee at 6 a.m. is regulation.

In college, we had more than my share of Breakfast of Champions: donuts and keggers at 6 a.m.

No kidding. I'm not a Vegas guy but I've seen that a lot. I have friends with boats that do the river in Laughlin so I've been there a bunch. I'm wandering the hotel looking for coffee and a paper and there they are. Drink in one hand, smoke hanging out their mouth and a lever in the other hand. It's actually quite sad.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are a fascinating bunch. I'd share a beer with almost any of you.

Anyone got recommendations? A new beer shop opened not far away and they have a huge selection. I like almost all beers to a degree. Not big on IPA's usually. Nor lighter beers.

Shoot,back n da day the fellas working Trico 3rd shift would roll into Slomba's at 3 AM and drink their lunch....

Slombas???? Are you serious? That's my bar brother. Spent almost every night there from 11th grade until I was 21. I'm sure I've met you outside of OBD.

No kidding. I'm not a Vegas guy but I've seen that a lot. I have friends with boats that do the river in Laughlin so I've been there a bunch. I'm wandering the hotel looking for coffee and a paper and there they are. Drink in one hand, smoke hanging out their mouth and a lever in the other hand. It's actually quite sad. cool.

Adjusted.

4:00am. Had to get me on the plane somehow.

I love airports. The only place you can regularly see people drinking at 6 or 7 am and no one bats an eye. :thumbsup:

I guess you've never been to Germany.

I flew into Frankfurt Germany, and on my way to clear customs, there was a bar, on a lower level, that was packed at 0600. They were not drinking coffee.

for me it was at a McDonald's. McBeer bitta

I guess you've never been to Germany.

for me it was at a McDonald's. McBeer bitta

I was in Poland returning to my hotel after a big night- it was 6 am or so. Well some Germans were drinking beers, so I joined in. So I asked if they were just getting in from a big night. No they said, they loved beer for breakfast and told me that is how they do it in Germany

one millisecond after midnight. I love having beer beginning an adventure. So if I wake up at 4:30 am to go fishing, a beer is fantastic. If I get up at 7 to go skiing- beer is breakfast of champions. Catching a red eye flight somewhere- cocktail no matter the time

You mean as if you start gulping at 11:59pm50seconds and finish at 12:00am10 seconds?

Yeah I've done that before.

When I camp at the Imperial Sand Dunes we have a breakfast beer as soon as we wake up. Half V8 juice and half Corona Light, with a stick of celery.

May need to ask the OP for an official ruling but if I were a judge drinking watered down Corona Light would not qualify as "having a beer" :) Edited by Steve O

Toronto City council have a motion before them that would allow bars to open at 6:00 am so people could watch medal games and celebrate with a beer.

Cannot imagine getting up at 5:00 am and heading to my favorite watering hole to watch a game and have a beer at such early hours of day.

Given many on wall attend tailgates regularly suspect many have cracked open a beer or two fairly early in the day.

What is the earliest time of day you can remember having a beer. Personally 11:00 for a early lunch, this no more often than i can count on my hand.

(It a given one can go in bar and have a soda or tea and enjoy being together with other fans, )

I have gotten up at Hammer's before a home game and had a beer before sunrise.

Other times/places, I was still drinking from the night before. THAT was some years back, :beer: