Michael Sam is out.

agardin

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Numark, I'm about done with you, you're not making any sense? What do you think a hypothesis is? More importantly, why do you see irony there? I question all methodology no matter what source or on any subject.

Tim-

Enough about all this--tell us more about that Japanese female android....

Edited by Mr. WEO

Numark, I'm about done with you, you're not making any sense? What do you think a hypothesis is? More importantly, why do you see irony there? I question all methodology no matter what source or on any subject.

Tim-

I'm not explaining everything but a true scientific hypothesis is something that can be tested by statistics, research, or some scientific method. A hypothesis that isn't testable isn't much of a hypothesis.

You were ironic because you keep talking about true science, and how psychology often brings poor research to the table. Yet here you are talking about the same thing you complain about. That's irony.

Feel free to be done with me. You are the one constantly quoting posts and responding with paragraph of borderline nonsense at times. I'm not saying you are right it wrong, and I think it's cool how into your theories you are, and how you love learning. But you need to start being more open to all research, don't discount entire fields, and for the love of god learn how to be more brief

So by that logic, you're not actually straight?

That is really not an insult well IMO that is.

Yes you are right. I have said it many times before and get pasted for it. Nobody is born either way. There are natural tendencies of course along with desires that make people feel good. It is about what the norm is and what deviant behavior outside that norm is. Simple as that. Do this, don't do that. Society isn't a fee for all. Being straight, as the word implies, is the baseline, the norm. One can practice outside the norm, but not given all the benefits that the norm provides.

Explain bisexuality.

I have no problem with our mores changing. I just don't think we are heading down the right road.

LOL, no matter one's interpretation of ancient texts, I think we can all agree that one DOES choose to be a moderator.

I don't know. I don't think Moses had much of a choice when Yahweh gave him the ToS for the Jews...

If there is a god, I don't believe he punishes us, especially not for actions which are harmless to other people / beings.

And you're a Bills fan?

Yes you are right. I have said it many times before and get pasted for it. Nobody is born either way. There are natural tendencies of course along with desires that make people feel good. It is about what the norm is and what deviant behavior outside that norm is. Simple as that. Do this, don't do that. Society isn't a fee for all. Being straight, as the word implies, is the baseline, the norm. One can practice outside the norm, but not given all the benefits that the norm provides.

Explain bisexuality.

I have no problem with our mores changing. I just don't think we are heading down the right road.

If I understand you correctly, you immediately contradicted yourself. Despite your outrage, you still agree with me. After a half dozen sentence fragments and non-sequiturs you need me to define bi-sexuality, and finally you think our cultural mores have changed for the worse but don't care to explain how?

What the hell are you talking about?

Edited by Jauronimo

Explain bisexuality.

Do you find women sexually attractive? Do you find men sexually attractive? I personally find women attractive. I can't imagine thinking one day, hey, I'm going to have sex with a dude, because it's outside of social norms.

Do you think that with all the bull **** gay people have to put up with that 10% of the population would willfully make a choice that goes against their biological nature? How about 70 years ago when getting caught in a gay relationship could land you in a god-damned psych ward?

Explain bisexuality? Some people are turned on by women and men. It's not !@#$ing hard to explain.

Do you find women sexually attractive? Do you find men sexually attractive? I personally find women attractive. I can't imagine thinking one day, hey, I'm going to have sex with a dude, because it's outside of social norms.

Do you think that with all the bull **** gay people have to put up with that 10% of the population would willfully make a choice that goes against their biological nature? How about 70 years ago when getting caught in a gay relationship could land you in a god-damned psych ward?

Explain bisexuality? Some people are turned on by women and men. It's not !@#$ing hard to explain.

There are lot of stupid things that can still land you in a psych ward.

To change gears, will you reconsider my arugment if the % of gay people skyrocket? We will know in the coming years, right? That is, as we liberalize societal norms. If you are right, that number (of gay people) should hold firm @ 10%.

I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to communicate. You responded to my simple joke which implied NoJustice is a virgin, then said its not an insult but it is insulting in your opinion. I was relieved when you agreed with my joke, even though it may or may not be insulting in your opinion, and I was flattered to learn that you've been telling this joke for years. I was concerned to hear that you've been getting pasted, which I can only assume is bad. I was with you up till this part, then things got weird.

Sorry, I misunderstood your joke. I meant, when ever I express these views (everybody is neither born straight or gay), I get attacked (pasted). Again, sorry for not understanding your joke.

To change gears, will you reconsider my arugment if the % of gay people skyrocket? We will know in the coming years, right? That is, as we liberalize societal norms. If you are right, that number (of gay people) should hold firm @ 10%.

Just like once upon a time people hid their "blackness" people also hid their sexual orientation and probably still do because of family, society etc.

I would not be surprised if the number rose. As people become more and more tolerant than more and more people will feel comfortable coming out. Common sense says that no one wants to be persecuted so some people hold it in. I have a good friend that came out last year and he is 31. He has been gay his whole life but tried to be straight because he thought that he would be more accepted.

I would not be surprised if the number rose. As people become more and more tolerant than more and more people will feel comfortable coming out. Common sense says that no one wants to be persecuted so some people hold it in. I have a good friend that came out last year and he is 31. He has been gay his whole life but tried to be straight because he thought that he would be more accepted.

I understand. But, nobody should get preferential treatment either then. Why is marriage even a matter of the state? I will stop there so it doesn't get too politcial.

My brother's best friend the same thing. In his 50's now, but 15 years ago came out, left his wife and children for his boyfriend.

Just like once upon a time people hid their "blackness" people also hid their sexual orientation and probably still do because of family, society etc.

I am sorry, that is different. You can't tell who is gay and who isn't just by looking @ them. And I have no problem with people expressing their sexuality all they want. Where do you draw the arbitrary line. I just don't believe people are born 100% gay or 100% hetero.