2014 NFL Scouting Combine

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is fun to live in Indy during the combine. Seeing all the coaches, GMs, talking heads and the rookies down town is cool. Just don't plan on eating at a good downtown restaurant this week. Booked solid. Local economy, per the Indy Star, will get a 6.5 million boost for the week of the combine. Downtown stadium/convention complex is a boon here. Hope the local officials in Buffalo will look at this s a template for the new stadium. I look forward to the parade of talent and the evaluation process,

Edited by Nitro

It is fun to live in Indy during the combine. Seeing all the coaches, GMs, talking heads and the rookies down town is cool. Just don't plan on eating at a good downtown restaurant this week. Booked solid. Local economy, per the Indy Star, will get a 65 million boost for the week of the combine. Downtown stadium/convention complex is a boon here. Hope the local officials in Buffalo will look at this s a template for the new stadium. I look forward to the parade of talent and the evaluation process,

lucky dog

: )

Manziel 5' 11 3/4", 207 lbs, hand 9 7/8" (Russel Wilson was measured 5'11" 205)

Bridgewater 6' 2 1/8" 214 lbs, 9 1/4" hand

Bortles 6' 5", 232 lbs, 9 3/8" hand

FWIW Polian expressed more concern with Bridgewater's "small" hand size than Manziel's height.

Sigh, I know hope springs eternal - but you're probably better off just putting away those dreams of playing in the NFL. :ph34r:

:cry:

FWIW Polian expressed more concern with Bridgewater's "small" hand size than Manziel's height.

There is that article, can't find it at the moment, that relates hand size to winning QB's. FWIW, Wilson's was 10 1/4" (damn).

Daniel Jeremiah@MoveTheSticks 3h

Big boys! Kelvin Benjamin- 6'5 240, Mike Evans- 6'4 3/4 231

One name to watch:

Forty times of the receivers are always something to watch and I'm told the wide out who could surprise everyone is Martavis Bryant of Clemson. Bryant, who goes an unofficial 6-feet, 5-inches, is expected to run in the low 4.3's and could even breach the high 4.2's.

- Tony Pauline of Draft Insiders

So much for 6'5"...

Daniel Jeremiah@MoveTheSticks 1h

Martavis Bryant 6'3 1/2 211

Burning questions for 2014 combine

Fortunes will rise and fall this week at the 2014 scouting combine in Indianapolis. Who has the most to gain? Which player has the most to lose? Chris Burke and Doug Farrar break down the burning questions. Who will see their stock rise most at the combine? Chris Burke: Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State.

Steelers GM Kevin Colbert: 2014 draft ‘deepest in 30 years’ but prospects ‘immature’

INDIANAPOLIS -- A record 102 underclassmen declared for the 2014 NFL draft, a development that Steelers GM Kevin Colbert says brings both pros and cons to the table. Colbert called this draft class the most talented he has seen in his 30 years on the job but added "it also might be the most immature.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Look at the bright side. Just think of the slings and arrows that would be hurled at you If you did become a player. ;)

Short arms unless they measure differently than men's clothing which is from the back of the neck, over the shoulder & down the arm.

Andre Williams had the longest arms of any RB at the combine at 33 1/2. James White from Wisc had the shortest at 29 1/4. 32 sounds pretty good by that scale, but I really don't know. I looked up Peterson's from his combine for reference and they aren't listed. But looks like Hyde dropped about 5 lbs from where he was during the season.

The Biggest and Smallest Players at the NFL Combine by position

http://q.usatoday.com/2014/02/21/nfl-combine-measurements-johnny-manziel-mike-evans-logan-thomas/