Big Game today - Broncos vs Seahawks - for all the marbles

Just Jack

World Champion Seattle Seahawks!

Franchise Key Decision Point. Not drafting Russell Wilson after having him at OBD and desperately needing a QB of the Future. Thanks Buddy! :rolleyes:

This man wouldn't know good talent if it came up and kicked him. Good thing he is still a paid consultant for the team Edited by FeartheLosing

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or we could look at it positively, as the Bills are building a team that is very young and very D heavy, and this can throw some cold water on the idea that D is irrelevant in this league. (and yes, Wilson had a great game, but essentially he built upon the defense who set the game's tone)

I love Wilson too, but all 32 teams passed on him. Don't get me wrong, I wish the Bills had Wilson too, but they don't. I'm happy for the Seahawks and I also feel the Bills are on the precipice of being a similar team (we'll see how EJ progresses).

Franchise Key Decision Point. Not drafting Russell Wilson after having him at OBD and desperately needing a QB of the Future. Thanks Buddy! :rolleyes:

I loved Russell Wilson in college - his heart, smarts, and ability. I also was hoping that the Bills would draft him and am not much of a TJ Graham fan.

Nevertheless, come on. Every team (including Seattle) passed on him at least twice and 74 other guys were chosen before him. Hindsight is 20/20.

Edited by Peter

I loved Russell Wilson in college - his heart, smarts, and ability. I also was hoping that the Bills would draft him and am not much of a TJ Graham fan.

Nevertheless, come on. Every team (including Seattle passed on him twice and 74 other guys were chosen before him. Hindsight is 20/20.

For plenty of people, it's not hindsight. No excuses for the Bills in any event. Who cares what other teams passed on Wilson. The Bills had an obvious need, had the guy in the offices, and passed on him for a to date very poor WR project. Nice going!

OMAHA! OMAHA-HA!

:lol::lol::lol:

Congrats to Marshawn!

Even though I don't really care for him, congrats to Pete Carroll, almost always nice to see an ex-Bill player or coach do good.

I don't think TJax really counts though, so I will not congratulate him.

Final congrats to the city of Seattle, which I like far more than the city of Denver.

For plenty of people, it's not hindsight. No excuses for the Bills in any event. Who cares what other teams passed on Wilson. The Bills had an obvious need, had the guy in the offices, and passed on him for a to date very poor WR project. Nice going!

Every single team chose someone else at least twice including Seattle. Stop with the Buddy bashing.

As I posted, I would have loved it if they drafted him. Now, pretty much every other team wishes they had picked him.

Every single team chose someone else at least twice including Seattle. Stop with the Buddy bashing.

As I posted, I would have loved it if they drafted him. Now, pretty much every other team wishes they had picked him.

I know I should stop because he served this franchise so well. :lol: Critiquing isn't bashing. Sorry to get on your Buddy.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Seattle is the model, great Defense, special teams, running game, quality QB play. What angers me about the Bills is Buddy Nix said he was building a team for when they took a QB, with EJ And without they are sub .500 team vs what Seattle built. and For Decades Seattle was a crap team, but their owner wanted to win and did what he had to in order to build a winner.

Maybe it will turn around when we finally get new ownership

Well, maybe this game will provide TJ with the inspiration and motivation to become elite.

:lol:

I am taking nothing from this game. The broncos just had a series of blunders, which caused this game to spiral out of control. The safety, tipped ball for a pick 6, KO return for a TD. This was just like the bills' Super Bowls. If the broncos played this same team tomorrow, they could just as easily win the game. Today was just a snowball situation, which Seattle effectively seized upon.

I am taking nothing from this game. The broncos just had a series of blunders, which caused this game to spiral out of control. The safety, tipped ball for a pick 6, KO return for a TD. This was just like the bills' Super Bowls. If the broncos played this same team tomorrow, they could just as easily win the game. Today was just a snowball situation, which Seattle effectively seized upon.

Nope! Seattle is too fast, too physical, too relentless, and too good, and too complete.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Seattle is the model, great Defense, special teams, running game, quality QB play. What angers me about the Bills is Buddy Nix said he was building a team for when they took a QB, with EJ And without they are sub .500 team vs what Seattle built. and For Decades Seattle was a crap team, but their owner wanted to win and did what he had to in order to build a winner.

like robert kraft

Agreed, save the 20/20 hindsight BS for some other board, plenty of people were on Wilson from this board & shame on the Bills for not pulling the trigger on him & picking Graham..

Nope! Seattle is too fast, too physical, too relentless, and too good, and too complete.

Agreed, the first series that Manning had after the safety I knew Denver was toast. They were on those receivers not giving them any room to run after the catch. Manning, put pressure on him & he cant handle it. Seen it before.

There has been a lot of debate about the QB position in another thread, but Allen dumped the Jim Mora Jr. program after a single season and went with the Pete Carroll plan. Four years later, he's hoisting the Lombardi Trophy and did it with the youngest team to win a Super Bowl. Should be more winning for these guys in store.

I know I should stop because he served this franchise so well. :lol: Critiquing isn't bashing. Sorry to get on your Buddy.

I just don't think it is fair to single out one guy when every single GM made the same mistake -- at least twice. I am not going to continue arguing with you (especially given that I have been a huge RW fan since he was in college). You can get the last word in if that is important to you.