Kiko NOT droy.....

OhIDunno

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kiko faded plain and simple.

In what way? Keep hearing people say this and have no answer. How does a guy that never leave the field fade when the D improved as the year went on. What you want to say is he didnt have any INt's as the year went on? 81 tackles 1st 8 games, 78 tackles 2nd 8. 6 tackles for loss 1st 8 games, 5 tackles loss 2nd 8 games

Edited by TheTruthHurts

In what way? Keep hearing people say this and have no answer. How does a guy that never leave the field fade when the D improved as the year went on. What you want to say is he didnt have any INt's as the year went on? 81 tackles 1st 8 games, 78 tackles 2nd 8. 6 tackles for loss 1st 8 games, 5 tackles loss 2nd 8 games

I think it's cause the truth hurts. Bottomline, Sheldon made bigger and bigger plays as the year went on. Kiko made good plays no doubt, but not as much eyeball popping stuff.

In what way? Keep hearing people say this and have no answer.

Simply watch him over the last 4-5 games, his decline in play is pretty evident despite what his tackle stats say. He started missing tackles (Rainey 80yd TD run), had trouble shedding blocks, and picked some poor lanes and got swept up in the blocking far too often (the NE debacle).

I sort of expected this. He is listed at 238, and I think that's pretty generous. You have to remember he's coming from playing 12 games in college to running every snap over a 16-game NFL season. There's really no way to prepare your body for the brutality of that at his position, so I think he wore down both mentally and physically. I bet he struggled to maintain 230 by the final week.

I think a full off-season with our training staff is going to do wonders for him, and I am very excited to see how he performs next year. I bet he starts next season at 245 or so.

Richardson was solid to dominant at a position it often takes years to develop. He is going to be a handful for year to come.

Kiko was the middle line backer on another historically bad run defense. Hope he moves to WLB and we upgrade at MLB in the 4-3 and he continues to play one of the nickel LB's.

Sheldon was very good, hyped in NYC. He got press. Not like Matheiu or Star did. The only reason anyone outside of Buffalo knew his name to begin with after a few weeks was the #LegendOfKiko. By the end of the year he was forgotten, despite still being tops in categories and continuing to play very well. It was not on him that his play did not come out as flashy in the end of the season. By this time the entire defense shifted. He was dropping in to coverage less - our DB's were back to healthy and there was less of a need. Also, the DL couldn't even hold their own jock against the run so Kiko was cleaning up and prioritizing the run.

Kiko's play did decline in the end of the season but for the average fan to actually notice? Nah, it's just being repeated by people who read it a bunch from people who actually watch the game and know it. Those people will tell you the decline was so slight and miniscule that it did not matter. He was still an extremely efficient player. Does that mean he should have won DROY? I could give a crap. Labels are for jars and retards, not athletes.

I think it's cause the truth hurts. Bottomline, Sheldon made bigger and bigger plays as the year went on. Kiko made good plays no doubt, but not as much eyeball popping stuff.

It isn't the truth.

Simply watch him over the last 4-5 games, his decline in play is pretty evident despite what his tackle stats say. He started missing tackles (Rainey 80yd TD run), had trouble shedding blocks, and picked some poor lanes and got swept up in the blocking far too often (the NE debacle).

I sort of expected this. He is listed at 238, and I think that's pretty generous. You have to remember he's coming from playing 12 games in college to running every snap over a 16-game NFL season. There's really no way to prepare your body for the brutality of that at his position, so I think he wore down both mentally and physically. I bet he struggled to maintain 230 by the final week.

I think a full off-season with our training staff is going to do wonders for him, and I am very excited to see how he performs next year. I bet he starts next season at 245 or so.

Bull, watch him in coverage. He is already a top 5 cover LB in the NFL. Teams stopped throwing in his area. The guy NEVER left the field on a 10th ranked D. he called the huddle. Simply put there was no pass rusher and no DB that stood out. Any other year a non pass rushing LB with Kiko's numbers wins. Heck, Brian Cushing beat out Jairus Byrd's 9 INT's with similar stats.

Lets not act like these voters are studying film. Its a popularity contest and people were hyping up Richardson, thats all.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

I was upset last night watching the awards, but felt much better when Andre finally made it to the HOF. As much as I wanted to see Kiko win, I do agree that Richardson was stout to the end of the season. Kiko faded at the end of the season and was too light. He needs 15 lbs. of muscle to play MLB in a base 4-3.

He's still a stud and I see him playing like Kuechly for years to come.

Kiko did win the NFL sports writers award last month. Two good players, Kiko did fade late in the year and was responsible for a couple of very long runs when he over ran the play. Richardson will get bigger and it will only slow him down and sacks will suffer. Kiko will get bigger and stronger and will become more dominant over time. I like who we got regardless of the award!

Manziel wins next year.

LOL! No way he wins DPOY!