C.J. Mosley or Khalil Mack

Im pretty sure we wont be a 3-4 hybrid anymore so Moesley is a no and Spikes is a no.

Moesley is overrated anyway. Watch his film. Those LBs benefit from having a few monster D linemen that just annihilate the other team's o line.

Its Watkins in RD 1 or Evans. Period.

Skove RD 2 Kiko goes to WLB

Mettenberger RD 3

I'd be happy with that. Real happy.

Neither.

While you try to plug every leak more leaks will emerge.

Drafting ILB's, safeties and RB's in round one is a generally poor use of a first round pick.

The Bills aren't a winning team, they shouldn't be in patch mode on draft day.

If you can't find quality LB talent after round one then your scouts just plain stink.

Round 1 is for franchise building blocks.....not guys you are going to let walk in free agency after 4 seasons if they play well.

Agreed. We had the 2nd best running game, the 10 th best defense, and the 29th passing game. We need to load the offense with talent at the positions everyone has been taking about for months; Big WR with excellent hands, Big Athletic TE with basketball background, OG, and yes a middle LB. the thing we just don't know is how will Schwartz use his talent. Can Kiko be that middle linebacker we need as I know he needs to gain 15 lbs. of muscle to stop the run. He'll never be able to stop Eddy Lacey or Blount at his size.

Agreed. We had the 2nd best running game, the 10 th best defense, and the 29th passing game. We need to load the offense with talent at the positions everyone has been taking about for months; Big WR with excellent hands, Big Athletic TE with basketball background, OG, and yes a middle LB. the thing we just don't know is how will Schwartz use his talent. Can Kiko be that middle linebacker we need as I know he needs to gain 15 lbs. of muscle to stop the run. He'll never be able to stop Eddy Lacey or Blount at his size.

we had some poor pass blocking at times. that is a big concern for me.

trading down and getting Ebon or another TE, then Borland and Bullough would be fantastic.

Would love to get Robinson, then Boreland in Rd. 2, BPA after that. TE I'd take a gamble on the Oregon TE who got kicked off the team in the 7th. (can't recall his name right now..Colt something).

Colt Lyerla...

Jake Matthews or Greg Robinson :D

Simply because if the Bills don't address the O line in a big way this off season it will be another year in the Bills offense leading the league in 3 downs and out, most hits in the QB, most sacks. So it won't matter how many #1 draft picks are on that defense if it can't get off the field.

Mostly because in the first quarter the defense will get a bunch of stops. But by the fourth quarter they are so worn down from constantly being on the field they will be a sieve.

I wouldn't be against drafting Mack as I have him as my avatar. Its just that if the Bills don't fix that O line for once and for all I just don't see them winning many games again this year.

Thank you sir. They have got to fix the line. Address LB in FA.

Thank you sir. They have got to fix the line. Address LB in FA.

You are welcome :D

After watching that Seahawks D against a very good Denver offense its just another big reason to build the very best O line you can.

The Bills had a top 10 defense and the #2 rushing offense right behind Seattle. The difference between the teams is enormous tho.

The O line was #25 in run blocking last season, and couldn't control the LoS or clock, and until they do they will never be a top team.

Edited by FeartheLosing

I'm not so sure if either player is worth #9 overall.

I know every individual is different but there is such a long track record of 'Bama and LSU defenders being so-so in the NFL and not living up to their premium draft position.

… cough … cough … Dareus … cough … cough … Sheppard. … cough … cough.

At this point, I'd be hard pressed to pick one if the two if I had to choose.

Flip a coin.

Not sure why you would mention Dareus when he plays d-line and is coming off of a probowl year. Especially since the example of Rolando McLain is just sitting there for you to use.

What? No Anthony Barr?

Hopefully not. I won't speak in absolutes but I think this kid will be a bust.

Should be considered also. again not at nine though.

Even though Buddy NEVER trades down , this might be a good year to accept that collect phone call !

add Borland and Bullough . There are some nice options to improve the LBs as a whole throughout the draft . I think

1. You know Buddy's not in charge anymore right?

2. You know he traded down last year right?

Alright I'm done being a sarcastic jerk :oops: I agree with you 100%. A trade down is exactly what I would want this year. Many of the positions the Bills need not only have depth but the value lies in grabbing an extra pick or two while still getting a quality player.

Neither.

While you try to plug every leak more leaks will emerge.

Drafting ILB's, safeties and RB's in round one is a generally poor use of a first round pick.

The Bills aren't a winning team, they shouldn't be in patch mode on draft day.

If you can't find quality LB talent after round one then your scouts just plain stink.

Round 1 is for franchise building blocks.....not guys you are going to let walk in free agency after 4 seasons if they play well.

Teams like the Ravens and Steelers continuously get Pro Bowl level talent at positions Like LB, interior line, and Safety in round one because other teams won't draft those players with their first round pick. I would rather have a Star LB than a mediocre DT or LT.

Our number one pick should be an offensive lineman. Young quarterbacks need all the help they can get up front. And we have some deficiencies there. We appear to have done perfectly well picking effective linebackers in the second round.

As un-sexy a pick as that would be it would probably make the most sense. Nothing would help EJ more than a viable running game. Our run blocking sucked balls this year.

PTR

Mack. I feel he is more talented. He can stop the run, rush the passer and drop in coverage. Also he was the focal point of every offense he faced and still dominated

This. Backing-up kr632 as others have done.

Quite simply the kid is the total package.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

So he was double teamed and chipped all season long?

Sorry buddy that is no excuse.

I watched the games he didn't show up.

So you only watched one of the few games that he didnt dominate and from what you said you watched on tv where the camera man controls who you watch.

Funny I was at every home game and focused on mack every game. It was obvious to everyone that watched him that he is worthy of a top 10 pick. He destroyed triple teams and consistently is in the back field dictating where the offense can go.

Not sure why you would mention Dareus when he plays d-line and is coming off of a probowl year. Especially since the example of Rolando McLain is just sitting there for you to use.

Hopefully not. I won't speak in absolutes but I think this kid will be a bust.

1. You know Buddy's not in charge anymore right?

2. You know he traded down last year right?

Alright I'm done being a sarcastic jerk :oops: I agree with you 100%. A trade down is exactly what I would want this year. Many of the positions the Bills need not only have depth but the value lies in grabbing an extra pick or two while still getting a quality player.

i didn't say busts. I said So-So players that don't live up to the premium draft position.

There are ton of busts too.

The point is you draft one of these 'Bama or LSU players in the In the First 15 picks and you could have got a player that was just as good in the NFL in the 3rd round.

Dareus was #3 overall pick. I don't think an alternate Pro-Bowl selection is the exact career achievement the Bills were expecting when the drafted him over JJ Watt, Aldon Smith, AJ Green etc etc.*

*I was pretty vocal advocate of trading back and drafting Cam Jordan and Brooks Reed or Justin Houston but what do I know?

So you only watched one of the few games that he didnt dominate and from what you said you watched on tv where the camera man controls who you watch.

Funny I was at every home game and focused on mack every game. It was obvious to everyone that watched him that he is worthy of a top 10 pick. He destroyed triple teams and consistently is in the back field dictating where the offense can go.

Not only that, it is obvious to all of the draft experts, college talent evaluators and NFL personnel guys who has been asked about Mack. And they know/see a heck of a lot more than fans watching the games on TV.

No. I watched more than the two games.

Not only that, it is obvious to all of the draft experts, college talent evaluators and NFL personnel guys who has been asked about Mack. And they know/see a heck of a lot more than fans watching the games on TV.

It is not obvious. That is why there is a debate.

I'm with Yolo on this. I saw Mack about 5 times this year and thought that he was outstanding. On that defense he faced constant double teams (often with a back chipping). The guy is all over the field. In addition, I have yet to see a credible draft expert that has him outside of the top 8.

I'm with Yolo on this. I saw Mack about 5 times this year and thought that he was outstanding. On that defense he faced constant double teams (often with a back chipping). The guy is all over the field. In addition, I have yet to see a credible draft expert that has him outside of the top 8.

I've seen almost every Mac game at UB and I would be all aboard if it weren't for his last two games. Why am I changing my mind over two games? Because they were the two biggest games in UB history and he did next to nothing in them.

It reminded me too much of Manti Te'o. He was such a slam dunk stud coming out of Notre Dame. Just don't pay attention to how he played in the BCS championship. Is he a stud in the NFL?

Then on top of this Mack skips the Senior Bowl. First I'm a little mad at him because it's an honor that hasn't been bestowed on a UB player in decades (if ever.) Coming from a mid-major conference I think it's important to show that you can play at the level of your draft peers, even in exhibition.

If he has a good pro day (which will be at the RWS field house) and good combine then the buzz is sure to rise on Mack again. I'm not saying he's not any good. Just saying there's good reason to evaluate him deeper.

PTR

I've seen almost every Mac game at UB and I would be all aboard if it weren't for his last two games. Why am I changing my mind over two games? Because they were the two biggest games in UB history and he did next to nothing in them.

It reminded me too much of Manti Te'o. He was such a slam dunk stud coming out of Notre Dame. Just don't pay attention to how he played in the BCS championship. Is he a stud in the NFL?

Then on top of this Mack skips the Senior Bowl. First I'm a little mad at him because it's an honor that hasn't been bestowed on a UB player in decades (if ever.) Coming from a mid-major conference I think it's important to show that you can play at the level of your draft peers, even in exhibition.

If he has a good pro day (which will be at the RWS field house) and good combine then the buzz is sure to rise on Mack again. I'm not saying he's not any good. Just saying there's good reason to evaluate him deeper.

PTR

I think that they are different players. Te'o is an instinctual LB that has a nose for the football but by no means the physical talent that Mack is. Te'o fell throughout his last year because his athleticism got exposed. Mack did not play as well in those last couple games because of the gameplan. He was doubled and tripled and they ran away from him. UB lacked talent so teams could do that. I am assuming that Mack will test well (although k-9 said that some teams are curious about his first step). I don't think that scouts will worry too much about those last couple of games (especially as they go back to the tape). He has a great motor, production and athleticism.

PTR

Two very different types of LBs... but Teo was hurt all of training camp and missed a good part of the season. He played well for the games he was in - he fits their system perfectly, as did Kiko in ours (Pettine's). Chargers traded up to take him, and ahead of Kiko. But I have not seen Mack projected beneath the top 10 and even those who also crticized him not playing in the Sr Bowl say it is not likely to impact his draft position, I believe that is why agents will advise certain players not to play in it, if they can't improve their position by doing so (like Carlos Hyde). Mack was already rated so high, he didn't need to and to do so could only negatively impact his draft status.

Edited by YoloinOhio