Mel Kiper 2013 draft re-grade

chef4131

I really don't know how drafting the leading candidate for ROY translates into a B? I guess you can't win, but I suspect the drafting of Manuel figures into that grade.

I think his ego figures in also. He can't admit the Bills might have had an A becauase he then looks pretty bad. He can't leave it at C- because that would make him look ridiculous..so a B it is..LOL

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right after the draft Mel Kiper graded the Bills a C-. This was one of the lowest grades, he thought the Bills "reached" when drafting Kiko in the second round.........With his re-grade he gave the Bills a B.

Do we really need to worry about a grade from a guy sporting an haircut like his

I like ther potential. Both had pretty good years for mess our team had dealt with QB..... Come on 2014

I agree - considering WR is one of the harder positions to make an impact in as a rookie. Woods' fundamentals are off the charts and Goodwin caught 3 long bombs for TDs from 3 different QBs. They should only get better as both they and EJ develop.

I agree - considering WR is one of the harder positions to make an impact in as a rookie. Woods' fundamentals are off the charts and Goodwin caught 3 long bombs for TDs from 3 different QBs. They should only get better as both they and EJ develop.

I was surprised at Goodwin's play this year. Not just the long TD's he had, but he also showed that he is more than just a deep threat. I guess he really was underutilized at Texas.

Woods is only going to get better. Let's hope that we have just 1 QB throwing to these guys next season and not 3 QB's.

I was surprised at Goodwin's play this year. Not just the long TD's he had, but he also showed that he is more than just a deep threat. I guess he really was underutilized at Texas.

Woods is only going to get better. Let's hope that we have just 1 QB throwing to these guys next season and not 3 QB's.

Hackett ran some 10-yard outs to him in the second Jets game when Woods ad SJ were both out. He was money. He is a little guy but he is solid, not like Parrish who I know people often compare him to. I think he is stronger. He does seem to get dinged up a lot but plays through it (once he got over the first injury that had him out 6 weeks).

Hackett ran some 10-yard outs to him in the second Jets game when Woods ad SJ were both out. He was money. He is a little guy but he is solid, not like Parrish who I know people often compare him to. I think he is stronger. He does seem to get dinged up a lot but plays through it (once he got over the first injury that had him out 6 weeks).

I was thinking about this also(Goodwins non-bomb production when called upon). Apart from injury, I see no reason why he couldn't develop into a very good WR.

Is it likely that he puts on a few more pounds of muscle over the next couple of seasons? He already is heavier than Roscoe.....a few more lbs will see him similar to Welker. (all listed at 5'9")

I was thinking about this also(Goodwins non-bomb production when called upon). Apart from injury, I see no reason why he couldn't develop into a very good WR.

Is it likely that he puts on a few more pounds of muscle over the next couple of seasons? He already is heavier than Roscoe.....a few more lbs will see him similar to Welker. (all listed at 5'9")

A colleague of mine told me awhile ago, that Goodwin does not like being thought of as a track guy playing football.

He says that he is a football player who also did track.

I like that attitude, and I look forward to seeing how his career progresses.

My opinion:

Kiko = A

Woods = B

Goodwin = C

Manuel = D/Incomplete

Williams, Gragg, etc = D (didn't see the field really)

Robey = A

I wish they would have used him for more than deep passes in games with Woods and SJ still healthy. He was wholly one dimensional when Woods and SJ were on the field. :/

Edited by Dorkington

My opinion:

Kiko = A

Woods = B

Goodwin = C

Manuel = D/Incomplete

Williams, Gragg, etc = D (didn't see the field really)

Robey = A

I wish they would have used him for more than deep passes in games with Woods and SJ still healthy. He was wholly one dimensional when Woods and SJ were on the field. :/

Agree completely. He should have taken TJ Graham's place.

Check out my article for Cover32.com about the 2013 Draft and let me know what you think.

http://cover32.com/b...raft-revisited/

The reality is that the Bills overdrafted EJ Manuel. This was apparent then and it's apparent now. No team had EJ graded as a first-rounder and the Bills could (and should) have traded back again and continued to accumulate picks. Nothing wrong with zeroing in on EJ -- but it was a (yet another) misuse of a premium draft pick.

The reality is that the Bills overdrafted EJ Manuel. This was apparent then and it's apparent now. No team had EJ graded as a first-rounder and the Bills could (and should) have traded back again and continued to accumulate picks. Nothing wrong with zeroing in on EJ -- but it was a (yet another) misuse of a premium draft pick.

This is not accurate, and I'm not just referring to Buffalo.

EDIT:

Link

Edited by thebandit27

You are correct. You are not a rocket scientist, nor are you a good writer IMO. Sorry, but I'm blunt and to the point. Didn't enjoy 1 sentence of the article.

Because you know what all the other teams draft board looked like.