Mel Kiper 2013 draft re-grade

chef4131

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right after the draft Mel Kiper graded the Bills a C-. This was one of the lowest grades, he thought the Bills "reached" when drafting Kiko in the second round.........With his re-grade he gave the Bills a B.

I really don't know how drafting the leading candidate for ROY translates into a B? I guess you can't win, but I suspect the drafting of Manuel figures into that grade.

I really don't know how drafting the leading candidate for ROY translates into a B? I guess you can't win, but I suspect the drafting of Manuel figures into that grade.

Even so, other folks (like SI's Don Banks) gave us credit for the Manuel pick and thought we'd take him there again in a do over draft. Personally, the worst I'd give this draft (which should include Robey) is an A minus....

He does count UDFAs such as Robey in his re-grade. From the article:

"On the undrafted free agents: I consider it fair to consider those guys because, really, that's a part of the draft in many ways. The draft is short to better allocate rookies, so, how well teams add players after Mr. Irrelevant is claimed matters. And I certainly scout and rate far more players than will be drafted."

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2014/story/_/id/10324666/nfl-mel-kiper-regrading-2013-nfl-draft#AFC E

I couldn't even name our 4-7th round picks. Did they even play on Special teams??

That might factor in as well.

Shall we begin ? Duke Williams . anyone know who was next ?

and they did .

Williams still has some potential i think . just too hard to put the rook in with all the injuries. Hence Jimbo L.

theres couple more Pete. Think a minute

Edited by 3rdand12

Shall we begin ? Duke Williams . anyone know who was next ?

and they did .

Williams still has some potential i think . just too hard to put the rook in with all the injuries. Hence Jimbo L.

theres couple more Pete. Think a minute

Dustin Hopkins was on IR.

Johnathan Meeks played sparingly then got injured mid-season.

Chris Gragg had a few notable plays, but nothing eye opening.

As for Duke Williams, I think he has potential to be a good player, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Dustin Hopkins was on IR.

Johnathan Meeks played sparingly then got injured mid-season.

Chris Gragg had a few notable plays, but nothing eye opening.

As for Duke Williams, I think he has potential to be a good player, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Right i-o my friend .

Meeks was injured , Hopkins was injured and Gragg was slow to get on the field .

Williams Gragg are my picks to stay but.. moeaki and a draft pick could turn that around quickly. So not really much to grade there i suppose

All these guys besides Hopkins (lol) played special teams at some point

I would say Mel Kiper and his mock drafts/opinions are to football...what Eklund and his hockeybuzz rumor charts are to hockey.

Worthless.

I don't really pay attention to Kiper's mock drafts, but I do like his opinions.

Edited by Mark Vader

I can live with the grade. Manuel is the number on draft choice and he, so far, hasn't proven whether he is a worthy pick or not. Injuries and some questionable performances coupled with some very good rookie performances still have him as a question mark. I think B or B plus is fair based on that.