Hard Knocks in Buffalo?

johnwalter

Hard Knocks 2014  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Hard Knocks in Buffalo in 2014?

• Yes, I would like the Bills to be Hard Knock's 2014 team.
    • No, I would like Hard Knocks to say out of the Buffalo locker room.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, no. A thousand times no. I don't see how any team would want, let alone like, that distraction in their processes.

Just make Dallas the permanent home of Hard Knocks and be done with it.

GO BILLS!!!

Right because we have done so well the past 13 years with no distractions..

Never watched it , don't care to & i think it would be a distraction to the players that like the camera of which we have at least one !

Don't want it, don't need it , don't care about it !!

How can you form an opinion on something you have never seen? Many NFL fans do care about and like the show. I think you should watch at least a few episodes before forming an opinion on something. My wife hates football but enjoyed this series. It personalized the players for her as well as giving some insight into all that goes into a football team/game.

I realize it could hurt the team (distraction wise) but honestly this team seems to trip over themselves regardless, having hardknocks be about the Bills would be immensely entertaining. And heck it could help put more but in the seats and possibly convince players that buffalo isn't Siberia, assuming the Bills come off like most teams on hardknocks.

I want to end this distraction nonsense now. Please check out this link. Teams on Hard knocks compiled a record of 68-59-1 the season before being on the show. The season they were on the show they compiled a record of 67-61. With the volatile nature of the NFL records year to year I think a 1.5 game difference can hardly be something to be concerned about. Read the article it may calm some of the concerns people have. ( I don't mean this pointed at you but just wanted to comment on it)

Right because we have done so well the past 13 years with no distractions..

Exactly. What are we worried about screwing up? Why would you not want more Bills? More inside knowledge, as DC Grid said in the above quoted post, it could put butts in the seats and introduce people to the fact that Buffalo isn't much different then the rest of the country. It isn't some wasteland. Screw regionalization this could help with nationalization!

Started a thread about this last summer. Seems like a lot of tbders have changed their opinion to be pro hard knocks. To be honest the off season which usually starts around Thanksgiving is a dark time. If the Bills don't care about fielding a good product, at least let HBO make it entertaining for us.

I would love this. All the talk about distraction? I think you have to look at the success of teams on this show. It would put eyeballs on Buffalo which isn't a bad thing, it would allow more access for us diehards, and it really is a well done interesting show.

It was good with the bengals a team I care nothing about I can't imagine how interesting I would find it if it was done on the team I love.

So much this it isn't even funny.

Jumpin' Jimney I even found that I respected the Dolphins a bit after their stint on HKs...THE DOLPHINS!!

Put eyes on this team that has been in no-man's land for 14 years and you might find an uptick in interest, which is never a bad thing.

I never heard every team has to do it.

I don't think every team has to do it, but that no team is aloud to turn it down anymore. Basically HBO picks a team, and the NFL as a franchise accepts it.

On a similar idea, the same as the draft. I have heard a few GMs say that the draft is unamerican, being told where you have to work. Think of it like McDonalds. You apply, get a job at the Sheridan location. Then say you only want to work at Delaware. Nope you have a job McDonalds, you work at the location we need or want you, otherwise you don't work here.

Long story longer, the NFL singed an agreement with HBO, in turn HBO is allowed to shoot wherever they want. Mostly because the owners aren't individuals at all, they all belong to the NFL

I would love this. All the talk about distraction? I think you have to look at the success of teams on this show. It would put eyeballs on Buffalo which isn't a bad thing, it would allow more access for us diehards, and it really is a well done interesting show.

It was good with the bengals a team I care nothing about I can't imagine how interesting I would find it if it was done on the team I love.

This pretty much sums up all my feelings on the show. HBO is so class, everything they do is so well done. I can't imagine how cool it would be see the Bills on the show.

Stevie. Hard Knocks. No nevermind, Id rather our team concentrate on football.

You don't think the coaches would be even more vigilant in making sure the team are grinding during camp with the "threat" of "distractions" present?

Honestly, I think Hard Knocks puts pressure on the coaches. It makes them even more accountable as their actions are broadcast to their coaching peers. I like this.

Edited by stony

I don't think every team has to do it, but that no team is aloud to turn it down anymore. Basically HBO picks a team, and the NFL as a franchise accepts it.

On a similar idea, the same as the draft. I have heard a few GMs say that the draft is unamerican, being told where you have to work. Think of it like McDonalds. You apply, get a job at the Sheridan location. Then say you only want to work at Delaware. Nope you have a job McDonalds, you work at the location we need or want you, otherwise you don't work here.

Long story longer, the NFL singed an agreement with HBO, in turn HBO is allowed to shoot wherever they want. Mostly because the owners aren't individuals at all, they all belong to the NFL

I thought that happened all the time in America... having to relocate because your employer is relocating the plant or opening a new office and you're being transferred, etc.?

How can anyone seriously say this would be a distraction and hurt the team's concentration/preparation? We haven't had a winning season in 9 years! Maybe this is what we need to break the curse? Cause whatever the team has been doing sure ain't workin.

We can learn about the risk reward of players with potential and baggage and why the decisions are made! :nana:

I keed I keed :beer:

i can see it now - we will cut a guy, BB will pick him up and we will rage about how they got the inside scoop on our mistake by watching the show.

I think Hard Knocks would be a great thing for the Bills. First of all, we haven't done it before and we haven't made the playoffs. Why not try something new? Second, the players would love the spotlight they don't often get in Bflo. It would take place in the summer which would make WNY look great on TV for once. It could only help with attracting free agents. Can't see why it would hurt. I hope they get it. Seems like it would be right up Russ's alley.

i can see it now - we will cut a guy, BB will pick him up and we will rage about how they got the inside scoop on our mistake by watching the show.

Chris :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: White!!! Whatever happened with that?

I think Hard Knocks would be a great thing for the Bills. First of all, we haven't done it before and we haven't made the playoffs. Why not try something new? Second, the players would love the spotlight they don't often get in Bflo. It would take place in the summer which would make WNY look great on TV for once. It could only help with attracting free agents. Can't see why it would hurt. I hope they get it. Seems like it would be right up Russ's alley.

Yes and yes!!! WNY isn't the wasteland it is made out to be and August would be a great time to showcase that. I can't believe RUss hasn't jumped on this. Get the national public on the little guys side! Most people probably don't/wouldn't care if the Bills moved but if you can get a little national exposure it can't do anything but help them to stay here!