Marcell Dareus to the Pro Bowl

SBUffalo

I think kiko was kinda overhyped to be honest. Kiko had a great 1st half of the season and then was nowhere to be seen during the second half. Rookie wall I suppose.

I agree he likely hit a rookie wall, which is to be expected both mentally and physically. He played through a knee injury at the end of the season as well... and he played 7 more games this year, including PS, than he ever played in a college season, even if you include a bowl game. I disagree he was "nowhere to be seen" - just because he didn't have INTs or highlight plays. He was the MLB and played 100% of the snaps this defense had. He had a big role until the end. Look at Manti Teo - he played only 50% of the snaps of the games he played. He didn't even play in preseason or the first 1/3 of the season due to injury. Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats to Marcell.

the game itself should NOT be played. risk of injury, half the first teamers opt out and players don't take game seriously.

should be replaced with an ESPY/Academy Awards ceremony where all the First teamers including super bowl players get recognized.

have it in the city where the super bowl is hosted, during the off week, while all the media is already assembled.

I agree completely.

A guy who has dealt with more death than most human beings makes the pro bowl and half of the posts bash him. Nothing but class.

Marcel going through some stuff, maybe still....

Marcell Dareus@marcelldareus 10m

I just want to thank everyone for paying for me and just having my back. Thank u all so much.... pic.twitter.com/RVeiUhy5OI

Read what the guy has gone through. How he hasn't broken down yet is amazing.

congrats to Marcell.

the game itself should NOT be played. risk of injury, half the first teamers opt out and players don't take game seriously.

should be replaced with an ESPY/Academy Awards ceremony where all the First teamers including super bowl players get recognized.

have it in the city where the super bowl is hosted, during the off week, while all the media is already assembled.

Seven of 49ers eight Pro Bowlers decline to attend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/21/seven-of-49ers-eight-pro-bowlers-decline-to-attend/

Edited by papazoid

Since he said he has a torn ligament in his throwing hand, I would think he passes on the PB. Haven't heard this yet though.

I agree, but it seems like a trend where rookies rarely make it? Except with RG3 and Luck last year.

yeah. Rookies rarely make it and vets blow it off. So what are we left with?

in a way thats kinda cool. They are in the big game and thats plenty good reward .

Congrats Marcell Dareus. Keep up the hard work !

This nucleus in the middle of the field , Kyle MD and Kiko are something to take pride in folks. Beasts all. and even better as a soup.

Give them a another season and i think they get super dialed in and crush it.

in a way thats kinda cool. They are in the big game and thats plenty good reward .

Congrats Marcell Dareus. Keep up the hard work !

This nucleus in the middle of the field , Kyle MD and Kiko are something to take pride in folks. Beasts all. and even better as a soup.

Give them a another season and i think they get super dialed in and crush it.

Is there a third place game that I am unaware of?

I think kiko was kinda overhyped to be honest. Kiko had a great 1st half of the season and then was nowhere to be seen during the second half. Rookie wall I suppose.

+1. Kiko missed too many plays in the 2nd half. His 4 INT were all in the 1st quarter of the season.