I want to make indian food...i need some assistance...

The Poojer

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i am looking but being completely inexperienced with indian food, some of the instructions are a bit confusing, and please don't call me Shirley

Surely, there must be something that you can do.

Edited by The Poojer

What would you like to make? Indians love double marinades. In the past I have spiced up yogurt, marinated overnight, then putting a second rub on and baking it. You can sustitute terractotta pot for the tandori pot. I don't have time now, but I have a good naan recipe that is easy. Make that, and many dipping sauces. Make it spicy, and have cold indian beer to accompany

Curry. Supposedly, it prevents Alzheimer's. Studies have shown that Indian people have a lower incident of the disease and they are linking it to curry intake.

You can thank me in 25 years pooj! ;-) ;-)

Only bit I can add is get some air fresheners for the bathroom

LoL... Classic! Maybe not just for the bathrooms! My grandfather (many years ago) lived next to Indians in his apartment complex. They drove the old geezer crazy w/their Indian cooking! LoL...

Honestly I love Indian/Middle Eastern food and because of that when I want it I go to the source and let them do it. I've experimented at home but it's nowhere near as good as you can get in a restaurant so I don't even bother. I've got plenty of other types of food I can do at home. For instance today it's steak tartare

i have a tin of spices, turmeric, chili powder, cumin seed, mustard seed, garam marsala and something called ajevin...i have chicken thighs and legs, yogurt, onion, garlic, tomatoes and ginger....now what??

Cook rice.

Cook chicken.

Add curry to both.

Mix together.

Eat.

Indian food is not hard.

Cook rice.

Cook chicken.

Add curry to both.

Mix together.

Eat.

Indian food is not hard.

Cook rice.

Cook chicken.

Add curry to both.

Mix together.

Eat.

Indian food is not hard.

**** Indian good isn't. Good Indian food is. How do you make your curry?

I confess to using jarred Indian sauces because concocting my own blends is too time consuming and not a lot better than the commercially produced stuff. Pooj - you can toast the spices in a pan in your oven then grind them. Use either tomato or spinach as a base for the sauce and add plain yoghurt to a tomato sauce (add lots of butter and some cream) and a bechamael to the spinach ( think creamed spinach).

Get some Pappadam - they take 1 min on high in a nuke.

Get some tamarind sauce and green mint chutney. Toast some almonds and use raisins as a garnish.