The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

On January 6, 2018 at 9:16 PM, Doc Brown said:

Back when half of all bankruptcies were due to medical bills as 1 in 6 Americans weren't covered.  When 82% of Americans wanted the health care system to be overhauled due to skyrocketing premiums along with it being nearly impossible to get reasonably priced health insurance if you had a preexisting condition.

You obviously disagree with how it was overhauled, but I wouldn't pretend it was fine before the ACA.

Most of the people talking about bankruptcy these days really don't understand bankruptcy; they played Monopoly as a kid, and think it means bereft of assets.  It doesn't.  Bankruptcy is a legal process by which and individual can discharge debt and protect assets.

These are both good things.

On 12/15/2017 at 11:07 AM, B-Man said:

BREVITY IS THE SOUL OF WIT:

Reporter uses 1,992 words to explain why young people aren’t buying Obamacare. I only need 12 words.

Obamacare has made healthcare too expensive and too inflexible for young people.

That’s really all you need to know, but if you want to know how that’s the case, here are 395 more words:

The key problem takes root in Obamacare’s creation of an artificial price-premium on younger, healthier Americans. Obamacare imposed a 3:1 price ratio, which meant older Americans could only be charged three times the insurance premium of younger Americans. The problem with this regulation is that it has forced younger Americans to pay absurd premiums to unjustly subsidize their elders. And be under no illusions, this state of affairs is morally unjust.

It’s not just that older Americans have higher earnings and the potential to have saved more for their health needs, it’s that older Americans are about to get a great health deal anyway. Consider, for example, that the average Medicare recipient now receives three times more in lifetime out-payments from the government than what they paid into the program. Why shouldn’t near-Medicare age Americans be forced to pay a more proportionate cost for their healthcare?

While Republican healthcare reform efforts would have raised the age-cost ratio to 5:1, they were blocked by the moral fictions of former President Barack Obama and much of the media.

Making matters worse, younger Americans are never going to get those same Medicare benefits our parents are receiving. Oh no, we’ll be paying off the extraordinary national debt.

Young people should be the most government-debt-averse and old people the least, but it’s backwards.

This isn't true at all... But I doubt you've had an actual conversation with anyone who isn't white, under 30, or a female in about 20 years given your narrow point of view.

I bet you were for Trump's tax plan... which is an absolute !@#$ing disaster

Edited by Ol Dirty B

10 hours ago, Gary M said:

ACA is not about Health care, it's about HEALTH INSURANCE.

Exactly. But Tiberius doesn’t bother with more than a very shallow and stupid grasp of every topic, thinks he is an expert on every topic....

6 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

This isn't true at all... But I doubt you've had an actual conversation with anyone who isn't white, under 30, or a female in about 20 years given your narrow point of view.

Project your bias much ?

I have been a healthcare professional since 1979

I have forgotten more about this subject than you will ever know.......................:D

13 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Most of the people talking about bankruptcy these days really don't understand bankruptcy; they played Monopoly as a kid, and think it means bereft of assets.  It doesn't.  Bankruptcy is a legal process by which and individual can discharge debt and protect assets.

These are both good things.

You can't protect all your assets though no matter what state you live in.  Your credit rating takes a master hit for at least a decade so good luck trying to get a mortgage.  Good luck getting credit cards or a car without massive interest rates.  The ACA tried to save young people from themselves by extending the age you're covered under your parents plan and then making it mandatory to sign up for a plan if you didn't have health insurance through work yet.  I don't think they'll ever be an easy fix to health care and we'll inevitably fall into the single payer system.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

You can't protect all your assets though no matter what state you live in.  Your credit rating takes a master hit for at least a decade so good luck trying to get a mortgage.  Good luck getting credit cards or a car without massive interest rates.  The ACA tried to save young people from themselves by extending the age you're covered under your parents plan and then making it mandatory to sign up for a plan if you didn't have health insurance through work yet.  I don't think they'll ever be an easy fix to health care and we'll inevitably fall into the single payer system.

It varies from person to person if all assets can be protected.  Not all types of assets can be protected, but not all people have all types of assets.  Further, not all types of assets should be protected.  The creditor has a right to collect on what it is owed.  It rendered services, and spent capital.

None of this changes, however, the fact that bankruptcy is a protection.  It is a good thing. 

10 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

It varies from person to person if all assets can be protected.  Not all types of assets can be protected, but not all people have all types of assets.  Further, not all types of assets should be protected.  The creditor has a right to collect on what it is owed.  It rendered services, and spent capital.

None of this changes, however, the fact that bankruptcy is a protection.  It is a good thing. 

If it wasn't a good thing you wouldn't apply for it.  I've just yet to hear a good plan by anybody on how to fix health care.

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

If it wasn't a good thing you wouldn't apply for it.  I've just yet to hear a good plan by anybody on how to fix health care.

Health care or health insurance?

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Months ago, maybe a year ago, Tasker laid out an action plan with some great ideas for improving health care/insurance in this country. It may be hard to find but I’m sure it is in this thread at least once. 

On 1/24/2018 at 1:49 AM, Ol Dirty B said:

This isn't true at all... But I doubt you've had an actual conversation with anyone who isn't white, under 30, or a female in about 20 years given your narrow point of view.

There isn't much I can be an expert on to offer my experiences with. But i got this.

Under 30 yr old white women are my specialty...

Most women I know fall in two categories. 

They hate Trump because they hate Trump and are blind beyond reason with hate.  I had one tell.me the other day Trump is against female reproductive Rights... Many bave. Echoed that.

They actually stopped caring about Trump because they're fine in life though annoyed with coverage against him because he isn't impacting their life. 

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

Trump is against female reproductive Rights...

Please, next time ask one to define what that is.

Because from my view what they are asking for, free Birth control and free abortion, is the exact opposite of reproduction.

Just now, Gary M said:

Please, next time ask one to define what that is.

Because from my view what they are asking for, free Birth control and free abortion, is the exact opposite of reproduction.

It's lost on them. But I am pro abortion. Not pro choice.  Pro abortion. I want more. I want $50 gift cards to red lobster available after 6 punches of your PP Red Card

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

It's lost on them. But I am pro abortion. Not pro choice.  Pro abortion. I want more. I want $50 gift cards to red lobster available after 6 punches of your PP Red Card

sadly I LOL at that.

What??? Expanding? LOL!! 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/how-trump-may-end-up-expanding-medicaid-whether-he-means-to-or-not/2018/01/28/df2ee6e8-01e1-11e8-8acf-ad2991367d9d_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_statemedicaid-820pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.9da1650581b9

Republican lawmakers in a half-dozen states are launching fresh efforts to expand Medicaid, the nation’s health insurance program for the poor, as party holdouts who had blocked the expansion say they’re now open to it because of Trump administration guidelines allowing states to impose new requirements that program recipients work to get benefits.