The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

Rates on health plans sold in Pennsylvania under the Affordable Care Act will increase more than state officials had expected following the Trump administration's decision to end cost-sharing payments authorized under the law.

Consumers shopping on the individual market will see an especially steep price hike, with premiums increasing by an average of 30.6 percent for 2018.

The state insurance department had projected an increase of 7.6 percent before President Donald Trump's announced last week that he planned to end the subsidy payments.

The rate increases apply only to on-exchange silver-level plans, which offer mid-range premiums and deductibles and are the only plans eligible for cost-sharing reductions. The steepest rate increases will not affect consumers who are eligible for such reductions, nor will they affect consumers on other plans.

Altman encouraged individuals who do not qualify for premium subsidies to consider bronze, gold or platinum options or off-exchange plans, which they must buy directly from one of the state's five marketplace insurers or through a licensed agent or broker. Consumers can also compare on- and off-exchanges plans through the state's Consumers' Checkbook tool.

FWIW, my health insurance dropped in price again this year.

Employer plan? or individual market?

Bipartisan Senators Reach Health Care Deal

Cost sharing reductions will continue to be paid for two years and 100 million dollar funding for ACA outreach. Deal also includes more flexibility in states. Trump has shown support for this deal despite railing against insurance companies that last few days. If this gets through the House, well done Trump.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/17/politics/health-care-csr-payments-deal-reached/index.html

Edited by Doc Brown

Mine jumped 20%.

After jumping 25% last year.

Your example is the norm, Dorkington's would be the exception.

Bipartisan Senators Reach Health Care Deal

Cost sharing reductions will continue to be paid for two years and 100 million dollar funding for ACA outreach. Deal also includes more flexibility in states. Trump has shown support for this deal despite railing against insurance companies that last few days. If this gets through the House, well done Trump.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/17/politics/health-care-csr-payments-deal-reached/index.html

It's a good measure for what can be done right now.

Saves tax payers money, will end up lowering premiums relative to today's baseline.

And:

An Alexander aide told CNN that Republicans would get a provision they wanted, a major change in how states measure the affordability of insurance under their waiver requests. This would allow states a lot more flexibility, but that final language was still being ironed out.
The deal would make it easier for states to obtain waivers to customize Obamacare rules to their needs. States have complained that applying for waivers is a long and complicated process. Alaska and Minnesota, for instance, have received permission to use federal funds for reinsurance programs that reduce premiums.
The agreement would also allow all Obamacare enrollees to sign up for so-called catastrophic plans, which have lower premiums but have higher deductibles. Right now, these policies are only open to those under 30.

Senators like Murray and Alexander are senators who are truly interested in getting things done. Not this bull **** we see from all these other senators who are only in it either appease their narrow high voting propensity base or there to build their own personal brand.

Senators like Murray and Alexander are senators who are truly interested in getting things done. Not this bull **** we see from all these other senators who are only in it either appease their narrow high voting propensity base or there to build their own personal brand.

It would be nice to have a Congress that was more interested in getting stuff done than political stunts and brinkmanship games.

No matter what Ryan does he will be criticized.

Because you know....He's establishment or something like that.

Yes. I don't envy him having to deal with the no compromise Tea Party wing, the more moderate Republicans, the liberals portraying him as pure evil, and a president he knows will throw him under the bus on a whim. It's a thankless job.

Yes, I know I'm not the 'norm'. Not really sure why I've been lucky the last few years. Maybe just a good employer.

I'm still uncertain on what would loser healthcare costs in the states outside of single payer/universal. Hopefully Republican leaders in Congress can come up with something that Trump will support.

Yes, I know I'm not the 'norm'. Not really sure why I've been lucky the last few years. Maybe just a good employer.

I'm still uncertain on what would loser healthcare costs in the states outside of single payer/universal. Hopefully Republican leaders in Congress can come up with something that Trump will support.

Single payer won't lower costs. That's a fallacy

Can you explain why it wouldn't? And what would lower costs?

Nothing will lower costs, they will continue to skyrocket now matter what.

Single payer with a private option for those who want to pay extra is the only way to go....