The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

Elizabeth Warren says ZOMG the GOP will DESTROY HEALTH CARE http://hill.cm/y73cGO7

DFmZAi2XcAEa9Kv.jpg

Democrats have gone from simply disagreeing with GOP policy to insisting that OMG WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE IF THE GOP DOESN’T VOTE A CERTAIN WAY!

Seriously.

land-o-fakes.jpgSorry Liz, Democrats already destroyed health care.

The GOP just has to figure out how to fix it …

Senator Collins has no interest in working with her own party.

I'm surprised Rand Paul went along with the vote, apparently they will at least vote on a straight repeal just so he can be on the record.

And I'm very surprised Lisa Murk. didn't vote to advance it.

I really don't have a good feel of whether this will get done. I suppose there will have to be some provisions that give states the option to opt out of some of the regulations to appease the conservative wing of the party. And I'm guessing they will preserve some of the taxes on the so-called rich and set aside more money for subsidies to get some of the more moderates.

Not sure that will be enough.

Senator Collins has no interest in working with her own party.

I'm surprised Rand Paul went along with the vote, apparently they will at least vote on a straight repeal just so he can be on the record.

And I'm very surprised Lisa Murk. didn't vote to advance it.

I really don't have a good feel of whether this will get done. I suppose there will have to be some provisions that give states the option to opt out of some of the regulations to appease the conservative wing of the party. And I'm guessing they will preserve some of the taxes on the so-called rich and set aside more money for subsidies to get some of the more moderates.

Not sure that will be enough.

I saw they might keep the Medicaid expansion

[This is an automated response.]

Yes, yes you are.

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.11.

DEAR ABBY: I went on a road trip with a friend who is normally kind and generous. She insisted on driving the entire way.

She often exceeded the speed limit and kept less than 20 feet between us and the 18-wheel truck ahead. She read texts, answered her cellphone and made phone calls while she was driving.

She’s very demonstrative when she talks, so while she drove, holding her cell with her left hand, she’d take her other hand off the wheel to gesture. More than once she nearly hit a guardrail.

I was so frightened I broke into sobs. She responded by laughing at me! Can you give me a tactful way to tell her how dangerous her driving really is? — TOM EATS SH IT IN D.C.

It seems to me the GOP says they keep trying to say we'll figure it out at the next step, but sooner or later they're going to either have to vote or give up. I'd be surprised if anything passes and the 2018 campaign message for the GOP will be we need more people on the Senate to do a straight repeal and replace. Kid Rock to the rescue.

DEAR ABBY: I went on a road trip with a friend who is normally kind and generous. She insisted on driving the entire way.

She often exceeded the speed limit and kept less than 20 feet between us and the 18-wheel truck ahead. She read texts, answered her cellphone and made phone calls while she was driving.

She’s very demonstrative when she talks, so while she drove, holding her cell with her left hand, she’d take her other hand off the wheel to gesture. More than once she nearly hit a guardrail.

I was so frightened I broke into sobs. She responded by laughing at me! Can you give me a tactful way to tell her how dangerous her driving really is? — TOM EATS SH IT IN D.C.

Gator steadily losing weight.

Great speech by McCain

Yes...really great....talks about getting back to regular course of order in the Senate....minutes after casting the deciding vote to do exactly NOT THAT.....a regular profile in courage from adying man with nothing to lose.....

Yes...really great....talks about getting back to regular course of order in the Senate....minutes after casting the deciding vote to do exactly NOT THAT.....a regular profile in courage from adying man with nothing to lose.....

Stay classy comrade

Stay classy comrade

Now,now..........Baskin used to be a conservative you know......... :lol:

So he is in a unique position to know that McCain' voting to send a bill out to the floor for discussion = disorder in the Senate = stealing 'healthcare' from millions.... :rolleyes:

What blows my mind is the never ending glee with which a majority of this board still celebrates that Hillary lost, while ignoring the !@#$ed state of our president.

I get it. Cersei Lannister lost. But we elected Aegon Targaryan.

what !@#$ are you talking about nerd? Seriously, that's the gayest. **** on this thread in 47 minutes. Talking about whay ingathered was game of thrones? Only sissy fairy pole smokers watch that ****. Get out of the house and go do ****

The Republicans’ relative success today has the Democrats in a fundraising frenzy. An hour and a half ago, Nancy Pelosi emailed the party’s faithful:

This is the angriest I’ve ever been — and I’m asking for $1 to kick every Republican out of office.

Moments ago,
Republicans in the Senate voted to advance their vicious health care repeal.

Got that? The Republicans are repealing health care. Apparently health care was nonexistent until 2010.

And Pelosi doesn’t mention the millions who had health insurance, but lost it because of Obamacare.

I’m absolutely disgusted. And I know the tens of millions of Americans who will lose care are terrified.

The claim that tens of millions will “lose care” is ridiculous, of course. A certain number will choose not to buy individual health insurance once it is no longer legally required, just as they did before Obamacare’s passage.

I want to make these cowardly Republicans forever regret trading American lives for a political victory against President Obama.

The Democrats constantly claim that large numbers of people will die if Obamacare is repealed. This is truly contemptible: did the mortality rate decline after 2010, on account of the ACA? No. Actually, it rose, although not because of Obamacare.

If there was ever a time for you to join the fight — it’s now.

Before midnight, I need 3,387 grassroots Democrats to stand with me.

Can I count on you to rush $1 to defeat every last Republican?

The Democrats are crazed, certainly, but they are crazed on purpose. What we see is a strategy–in large part, a fundraising strategy–not a loss of self-control.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/07/republicans-dodge-a-bullet-i-think.php

Edited by B-Man

The Democrats constantly claim that large numbers of people will die if Obamacare is repealed. This is truly contemptible: did the mortality rate decline after 2010, on account of the ACA? No. Actually, it rose, although not because of Obamacare

The morality rate didn't decline I'm guessing because of the aging baby boomers. Also keep in mind that 82% of people wanted in 2008 wanted the health care system to be overhauled due to soaring premiums.

However, bankruptcies have declined about 50% since the ACA's passage. This coming from a May 2017 consumersreport article http://www.consumerreports.org/personal-bankruptcy/how-the-aca-drove-down-personal-bankruptcy/

The many experts we interviewed also pointed to two other contributing factors: an improving economy and changes to bankruptcy laws in 2005 that made it more difficult and costly to file. However, they almost all agreed that expanded health coverage played a major role in the marked, recent decline.

crchart1.jpeg?w=560

Sorry Mr. President, but if you think the Democrats will be held responsible for the failure of the Affordable Care Act, you've got another guess coming.

I'm pretty sure the mainstream media won’t hold Democrats accountable, but in the real world Bernie, it might not work out that way.

:lol:

But maybe he's right, it's not like the democrats have lost hundreds of elected positions since 2010

Oh wait......................

Edited by B-Man

Trying to pass the "kick the can down the road" bill didn't work. I thought it would. An embarrassing bill. And embarrassing to not pass it.

Yet they will almost all get reelected!

What bill would you have them pass?

The tea partiers aren't going to allow anything resembling the current situation. The RINOs won't change the current situation too much. There's no ideological purity in the republican party, unlike among democrats.

I'm pretty sure the mainstream media won’t hold Democrats accountable, but in the real world Bernie, it might not work out that way.

:lol:

But maybe he's right, it's not like the democrats have lost hundreds of elected positions since 2010

Oh wait......................

A major factor in them losing those seats was the Republicans promise to repeal and replace the ACA with an open market health care system. Now that they're in charge it looks like the best their going to get is ACA lite. Should be an interesting midterm election.

What bill would you have them pass?

The tea partiers aren't going to allow anything resembling the current situation. The RINOs won't change the current situation too much. There's no ideological purity in the republican party, unlike among democrats.

You're correct in that Republicans are split further ideology, but their is a split right now between progressives and corporate Democrats that could get ugly.

DAVID HARSANYI: So-Called Fact Checkers Keep Butchering The Facts About Obamacare.

“Fact checking” has evolved from an occasionally useful medium to an exercise in revisionism and diversion. Take The Washington Post writer Glenn Kessler’s recent article titled “President Trump’s mangled ‘facts’ about Obamacare.”

Headline readers might assume it’s just Trump doing what Trump does most of the time. I almost passed myself. Yet it turns out that all these supposedly “mangled” contentions about Obamacare are, at the very least, debatable assertions.

Kessler, for example, doesn’t approve of this Donald Trump statement: “Americans were told that premiums would go down by $2,500 per year. And instead, their premiums went up to levels that nobody thought even possible
.” Other than the hyperbole (“nobody thought even possible”), this statement is substantively true.

Kessler’s ostensive debunking of the “premiums are soaring” claim is really just a confirmation that premiums have indeed risen, augmented by an argument that it wasn’t Obamacare’s fault. Kessler blames the vagaries of modern life and demographics—because these things apparently didn’t exist when Democrats were making their big unrealistic promises in 2009.

Think of them as Democratic operatives with bylines, and you’ll have it exactly right.

McCain is a war hero and Patriot and all, but as a Senator he stinks out loud.

I wish he would retire already.

This "Skinny Repeal" is retarded. If you take away the mandate and leave everything else in place, all it will do is cause premiums to go up even higher. What kind of a dumbass idea is this?

Well it allows people to get out of the broken system without tax penalties.

I'd jump on board ASAP.

This "Skinny Repeal" is retarded. If you take away the mandate and leave everything else in place, all it will do is cause premiums to go up even higher. What kind of a dumbass idea is this?

It's just to get the bill to the next stage. It's going to take awhile before anything gets through.

Well it allows people to get out of the broken system without tax penalties.

I'd jump on board ASAP.

It doesn't provide any alternative. It addresses the philosophical issue of requiring people to participate in a marketplace, without addressing the practical problem of that marketplace being so ungodly !@#$ed that it's pricing people out of it to begin with.

It doesn't provide any alternative. It addresses the philosophical issue of requiring people to participate in a marketplace, without addressing the practical problem of that marketplace being so ungodly !@#$ed that it's pricing people out of it to begin with.

And I'm ok with that. Eliminating the mandate would have destroyed the whole fraudulent system.

If the Skinny repeal passed

The bill would mean 15 million more people would be uninsured next year than under Obamacare, with 16 million more in 2026, the Congressional Budget Office said in a report released late Thursday night.
Premiums would jump 20% next year, compared to current law.

McCain said in a statement. "We must now return to the correct way of legislating and send the bill back to committee, hold hearings, receive input from both sides of aisle, heed the recommendations of nation's governors, and produce a bill that finally delivers affordable health care for the American people. We must do the hard work our citizens expect of us and deserve."

If only more of them felt this way. As I predicted, some of these voices of compromise will rise. I wonder if they will be successful.