Losers almost kill baby

The treatment of Cannabis overdose is pretty much make sure the kid doesn't fall down a flight of stairs and calm down the freaked out parents - Cannabis has shown good efficacy against cancer, diabetes and obesity - but more research needs to be done on mechanisms of action and which of the many cannabinoids does what - basically we know it has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-stress/sedative effects and that THC and Cannabidiol both inhibit VEGF and slow Glioma growth.

Boxes of chocolate chip cookies & Doritos say you're wrong.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that you are a doctor and I respect that. I know it took a lot of education, but reading comprehension evidently was not part of the curriculum. Where oh where did I say that medicinal only pot users were losers?

Although convoluted and hard to follow, the rest of your post appears to be based on that premise, so I will let that part of it lay.

What was I implying? Evil chemicals, not nice chemicals?

Um, you want to talk about reading comprehension, yet you just referenced me as a doctor...yet I have never said I was a doctor. I said my colleague was a lead at UCLA's research program from breast cancer research and cannabis is the focal point and believed to be best shot at a cure for cancer.

Second, you said all pot users are losers...many times you have said this. So, how did I misinterpret your comments? And you openly mocked all medical findings, success stories, etc in all your posts. Talking about how its hippies making those claims, or that they are some sales pitch, etc etc. You have at NO POINT shown any respect to the medical field, and mocked it openly as if it has no merit at all.

So , don't try and act like you are implying medical users are not losers and everyone else who uses pot is. Because that has NOT been your lame argument at any point.

And, I know people with heights of success you will never come a fraction to matching, who do a substantial amount of philanthropy work who use cannabis recreationally...so by your standards they are losers, yet they do more for their community and society positively than you could ever dream of. So again, your stupid rant makes the same dilemma...if you want to say ALL "recreational" pot users are losers because some idiot left a cookie on the ground, then you must still follow that same logic with all idiots of this world like I posted previously.

One idiot does not equate to the masses. And if you can't understand that then I wonder if you even have the intellect to tie your own shoes.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Cigarettes are definitely nasty. That is terrible what happened to that baby in the article you linked. Wait......nothing happened to a baby. You know why? Because babies like to eat cookies, not cigarette butts.

first you are a simpleton and a dunce

http://www.rjrt.com/uploadedFiles/Content/Global/ResponsetoPediatricsJournalonAccidentalIngestion.pdf

Tobacco products have an infinitely higher percentage of pediatric deaths caused by ingestion than Pot does.

Um, you want to talk about reading comprehension, yet you just referenced me as a doctor...yet I have never said I was a doctor. I said my colleague was a lead at UCLA's research program from breast cancer research and cannabis is the focal point and believed to be best shot at a cure for cancer.

You have repeatedly referenced your patients. I assumed that meant you were a doctor. If you are a nurse or a dentist or something I may have been off but the point about having a lot of education holds.

Second, you said all pot users are losers...many times you have said this. So, how did I misinterpret your comments? And you openly mocked all medical findings, success stories, etc in all your posts. Talking about how its hippies making those claims, or that they are some sales pitch, etc etc. You have at NO POINT shown any respect to the medical field, and mocked it openly as if it has no merit at all.

Bolded: Find that and link it. Good luck.

You did not cite any medical findings other than to say they existed. It would be impossible to mock findings without seeing them first.

So , don't try and act like you are implying medical users are not losers and everyone else who uses pot is. Because that has NOT been your lame argument at any point.

And, I know people with heights of success you will never come a fraction to matching, who do a substantial amount of philanthropy work who use cannabis recreationally...so by your standards they are losers, yet they do more for their community and society positively than you could ever dream of. So again, your stupid rant makes the same dilemma...if you want to say ALL "recreational" pot users are losers because some idiot left a cookie on the ground, then you must still follow that same logic with all idiots of this world like I posted previously.

One idiot does not equate to the masses. And if you can't understand that then I wonder if you even have the intellect to tie your own shoes.

:wacko:

I find it strange that you and Ryan both talk about friends who give money and use the same phrases. Is there some sort of pro-pot argument text book out there? And philanthropy can be viewed in many ways. My shoes cost more than your friends' house, but if I give a pair of them away, am I really being philanthropic?

http://www.rjrt.com/...alIngestion.pdf

Tobacco products have an infinitely higher percentage of pediatric deaths caused by ingestion than Pot does.

Your poor use of a link does makes me neither a simpleton nor a dunce.

THIS two year old was prescribed marijuana?

No, not this two year old. The other two year old.

Not that one. The other one.

There was a meme flying around the social media world last week showing a photo of a two-year-old sprawled on the floor with a tube up her nose and then five photos later she's dancing the Lambada at Kiki's House of Liquid Ganja just outside Tulsa.

First of all...time for some facts.

1. Your thread title is juvinelie, uniformed, and ignorant. In the history of the world...the world...all of history (in case you missed that), there has NEVER been a death recorded in any country, state, city, village, tribe, etc attributed to use of cannabis. Its medically impossible to over dose from marijuana. So to say that this child almost died is an uneducated and ignorant way to present this article. Best part is, the article says nothing about almost killing anyone, you just decided to add your uneducated spin on it.

2. Alcohol, cigarettes, prescription drugs, whipped cream, home cleaning supplies, children's toys, water, guns, knives, electrical outlets, and just about anything you can find in your home are a million times more dangerous to children than pot. In fact, more kids die from taking children's vitamins a year than from pot related deaths (as thats at zero). More people die every year from drinking too much water than from pot.

3. To imply that people who use cannabis are losers is incredibly ignorant, uneducated, and stupid. I have patients who are dying, and switching to cannabis based products for pain management, appetite suppression, etc has changed their life and taken them from being a home and bed confined vegetable to having a more healthy level of living where they can actually take care of themselves and enjoy the time they have left.

4. I assure you that political leaders, athletes, celebrities, business execs, soccer moms, religious leaders, school teachers, lawyers, and any other type or level of "non losers" in your eyes all use cannabis...I know, because they are patients of mine.

5. I have a friend who was diagnosed with inoperable terminal brain cancer with less than 6 months to live. Guess what...that was 6 years ago now. He used the Rick Simpson oil (aka Phoenix Tears) and got rid of all his BS pills that were killing him from his doctor. His tumor went into remission and shrank. He now lives a full and healthy life and doctors stood around with their thumb in their ass wondering how it happened. And thats just one of thousands and thousands of cases where this oil has been accredited to the remission of cancer.

6. Several children now have been suffering seizures many times a day, threatening their very life and preventing increased brain function and their parents tried CBD cannabis oil just to see the seizures reduce SUBSTANTIALLY, some not for weeks at a time, and have their children increase brain function and actually be put into to school with other children. This is documented all over the place.

7. I have had Doctors from UCLA medical doing breast cancer research tell me straight to my face that cannabis is going to cure breast cancer. They would pick up High CBD strains from my dispensary for their research.

8. I suppose you think its ok to give your child Adderall (prescribed by doctors) or other BS drugs they give kids...well thats essentially giving your kids meth. So good luck with that.

9. The vast majority of emergencies at Hospital emergency room every weekend are alcohol related...but thats legal, and I am sure most of you drink...and I would bet everything I own and will ever own that most of you not only drink, but have driven after drinking (true loser move).

10. Cigarettes are so deadly that they can kill you even if you don't smoke just because some other people want to pollute their lungs with poison. Again...legal...and I know a lot of people hating on cannabis actually smoke cigarettes which is freaking hilarious.

I could go on and on...but judging by this thread, its probably pointless. The fact that Cannabis is illegal is solely based on money. Big pharmacy stands to lose billions, some estimate trillions, if cannabis is legalized due to the fact that its an inexpensive way to treat people versus all the horrible "prescription" drugs they sell people all that are addictive, can and will kill you if used wrong or abused, and are less effective.

Society is funny...people insist on talking about things they literally have no education on and know nothing about as if they do...then go as far as to name call and throw out insults to the people who do. Priceless

My point has been made again. Thanks man. :thumbsup:

I just want to thank merper for teaching me the word PWND.

Then to go out and get PWND as bad as he did here.

Shine your shoes douche. Keep that nose high and the pinky extended.

Leave the condescending pot talk in this thread please is a request I have. Thanks in advance

Nice reply to alpha... You really are a loser troll huh ?

Repetitive nonsense isn't gonna help ya on that one, i would delete that one fast.

And again.

http://www.rjrt.com/...alIngestion.pdf

And again.

The only thing this thread is lacking is a consensus.

One we have a consensus all of the anecdotal research that's in display here can be declared scientific fact.

And once it's scientific fact, no more discussion, debate or evidence is allowed. Yeah science!!

And once it's scientific fact, no more discussion, debate or evidence is allowed. Yeah science!!

I thought AlphaDawg was a doctor but he says he is not. He has patients in this area though so he is either a dentist or a nurse. He has also stated he has a lot of facts in this area although he has not had the time to link them yet. I'm sure when he gets time he will. Maybe he has some access to medical papers.

I thought AlphaDawg was a doctor but he says he is not. He has patients in this area though so he is either a dentist or a nurse. He has also stated he has a lot of facts in this area although he has not had the time to link them yet. I'm sure when he gets time he will. Maybe he has some access to medical papers.

Quit being so dumb. He already told you he runs a dispensary.

I'd quit w the attempted humor, it's not one of your strengths.

Quit being so dumb. He already told you he runs a dispensary.

I'd quit w the attempted humor, it's not one of your strengths.

Something about a dispensary rings a bell and I will go back and look it up but without context I don't know anything about dispensaries. Sounds like a pharmacy; is he a pharmacist?

Edit: I went back to his original post in this recreational pot thread where he lists a multitude of undocumented assertions about medical marijuana in an attempt to refute assertions about recreational marijuana. You may remember it if your short term memory is holding up but I linked it just in case. I had glossed over the dispensary blurb as I focused on the litany of ridiculous statements such as:

Big pharmacy stands to lose billions, some estimate trillions, if cannabis is legalized due to the fact that its an inexpensive way to treat people versus all the horrible "prescription" drugs they sell people all that are addictive, can and will kill you if used wrong or abused, and are less effective.

Given that the worldwide pharma market was estimated at $962 billion in 2012 it would be hard to steal trillions even if pot literally cured everything. I suppose he could have meant over multiple years, decades or perhaps eternity, but measurements like that are usually given in annual terms so you can see how I was distracted by this and the rest of the list.

Thanks to your angrily worded but informative post, I went back and typed "dispensary" in Google. Among other things, it appears to mean "pot store".

From MW online dictionary:

Patient:

a sick individual especially when awaiting or under the care and treatment of a doctor or surgeon.

Now if my doctor somehow told me that I needed medicinal Starbucks coffee for some reason, would I be a patient of the barista, or would I still be a patient of my doctor? I'd think I'd be a customer to that barista as I would be to a pharmacist. You can see how I was confused when he kept referring to people as his patients. Maybe that is splitting hairs but words have meanings.

Based on his comments about UCLA I am guessing he is in Cali. As far as I know, Cali only permits medical marijuana so all of the people coming through the dispensary are sick and are patients of someone, but unless he is a doctor.....they are not patients of his. Now in Colorado I am sure these dispensaries have medicinal clients who I would call customers to the dispenser, but what would we call non-medicinal customer/proprietor relationship?

Customers: Addicts? Junkies? Enthusiasts?

Supplier: Pusher? Dealer? Source? Candy Man?

When I did my dispensary research this popped up on the first page of a Google search. It looks like the dispensary business is a tough one even though pot never ever ever ever has been linked to any deaths. I truly and sincerely hope he has taken measures to protect his security and that of his workers. Being naive and idealistic has uses in life, but so does realism about what can happen when you have drugs in a place everyone knows about.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Ignore button time, just like the women use on you in real life.

Nice edit to add 99% more content.

Medicinal marijuana = home run, no debate needed. Kids relief with seizures have sealed that a long time go

Recreational marijuana = you have been advised off all the different types of "perceived" losers who enjoy mary j over alcohol/caffeine/tobacco. Guess a shmo like you gets to be the judge.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Ignore button time, just like the women use on you in real life.

If I changed my screen name to "Responsibility" I'm guessing all the pot heads would have put me on their ignore list reflexively.

What do they call those in Mexico? Cartels?

Stash? Heap? Trove?

I looked into dispensaries a little more and edited my post above.

What did I tell you about jokes ?

Cut them out of your shtick and your credibility would rise by 20%

You and Tom are terrified of pot, cool.

2/3rds of people under age 50 support legalization, clocks ticking.

Does smoking too much pot cripple a person's sense of humor?