Would the Bills trade up to get Watkins?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I am, but I don't get sucked in by a shiny toy. The Bills need size at WR, not another Ted Ginn type. Evans or a TE at 9.

Watkins has been dominant since he got to Clemson. This is not a 1 hit wonder. He was always a much better WR than Hopkins who had a decent rookie year. I think that he goes before we pick for sure. 72 catches 1,035 yards and 7 TDs as a rookie.

What is it that you don't like about his game?

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Watkins has been dominant since he got to Clemson. This is not a 1 hit wonder. He was always a much better WR than Hopkina who had a decent rookie year. I think that he goes before we pick for sure. 72 catches 1,035 yards and 7 TDs as a rookie.

What is it that you don't like about his game?

He goes up for the ball too aggressively. We need a guy that will go down in a fetal position when breathed upon and then scream for a flag.

I lied. B-)

Sammy Watkins is probably the most NFL ready WR in the draft.

But I think the Bills have more pressing needs, and I'd rather get a WR in free agency.

Well, the good news is of course that FA begins far before the draft. If this FO does a good job, then a lot of these problem areas will be addressed and the draft becomes a chance to acquire the best talent on a purer level.

Those areas include TE, another QB who can potentially start, another WR, MLB or WLB, and preferably a guard and a tackle. These are of course assuming that they don't jettison SJ13 or any pricy players.

I would be comfortable with a 50/50 split in where the upgrades come from. It'd be nice, if the BPA truly is a WR, for the team to have the luxury of taking him because he'll improve the team. If it's simply another above average guy like Evans, that's not enough, though.

Sammy Watkins is probably the most NFL ready WR in the draft.

But I think the Bills have more pressing needs, and I'd rather get a WR in free agency.

Won't pretend to be a college football expert, but Marquise Lee has stood out every time I have seen USC play the last two years...if healthy, he seems like a bona-fide NFL talent to my eyes...of course, I think he is only 6ft...so the Bills better not have any interest in reuniting him with Robert Woods! :rolleyes:

Trading up in the first for any position besides QB is insane.

Won't pretend to be a college football expert, but Marquise Lee has stood out every time I have seen USC play the last two years...if healthy, he seems like a bona-fide NFL talent to my eyes...of course, I think he is only 6ft...so the Bills better not have any interest in reuniting him with Robert Woods! :rolleyes:

Lee has a problem with dropping the ball.

Exactly...I think this Draft is set up pretty well for the Bills needs... B-)

Agreed. Bills could even be a dance partner to trade down a bit, gather an additional pick, and still nail (yes I said the Bills could nail) one of the top 2 receivers in this years draft. I would be happy with either Watkins or A&M's Evans. Even the big kid (dont know his name), the WR from FSU could be a nice pick.

6'1 isn't small. He went up and got 1 tonight. You take talent when you can. You don't pass on a legitimate stud just bc he's not 6'5. James hardy was 6'5 and stunk.

I agree. All things being equal, a 6'4" WR would be better than 6'1", but all things are rarely equal. It isn't like he is 5'9".

It isn't really the height as much as someone who can make contested catches frequently and someone who can catch passes that aren't dead on target.

I think the Bills would probably stupid to trade up, given the need for more picks. If anything I hope they trade down and find other players like Kiko.

I also don't think we'll see them take a quarterback until mid-to late rounds. You can't draft a QB in the first round and not give him a chance to develop. That would be really, really stupid.

Sammy Watkins is putting on a WR clinic tonight against a solid Ohio State secondary. There's no way he makes it to #9.

I'd love to see him on the Bills, he's a true #1 WR and would be incredible opposite Woods. Think there's any chance the Bills would go and get him?

Hell, send Byrd to the Rams for their #2!

Mike...OSU's secondary is atrocious, it was bad before but they lost their 'best' corner (Robey). Please don't let this one game influence you.

Hardy wasn't a 1st round pick. Mike Evans is 6'5" and talented. You can't teach size.

or speed, let's see how he runs at the combine.

Unless the Bills are going to go after a quarterback, I think it is pointless to trade up at all.

In fact, depending on what happens in free agency and whether or not they keep Byrd or intend to keep Stevie Johnson or maybe some other big name player on this team, then maybe they end up trading down again for extra picks. I can totally see them doing that. Heck if they were likely to draft as well in the second round as they did this past year, I would have no problem with them trading away that first round pick altogether. Again, that assumes they don't want a new quarterback, which I think is probably the case.