Bills to meet with Rogers Communications

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/01/03/buffalo-bills-rogers-set-to-meet-in-two-weeks?two-bills-drive

"Representatives from the two sides are scheduled to sit down together during the week of Jan. 12, according to a source in the position to know who wished not to be identified.

While the source would not say who called the meeting and why, nor what is on the agenda, it is more than possible -- probably likely -- that the purpose is to discuss the future of the disappointing series, which sees the Bills annually relocate one of their eight regular-season home games to Toronto’s Rogers Centre."

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to believe the Rogers people were just losing too much money. ;)

Very likely that without Ted, the Rogers organization is more bottom line focused and are questioning the value they get for giving Bills $25 million per season to play there (under the original deal). The series was a bad deal for everyone, except Ralph Wilson.

I don't have any confidence that russ brandon will make the right decision in the end... since he's such a marketing genius, and the best idea he could come up with was this abomination of a series, rather than sell stadium naming rights, advertising to large Canadian corporations that do business in the states, or even sell a luxury box or two to those said businesses, I doubt he will end this misery.

I have no problem with a preseason game going there. I think the NFL and its teams would benefit from doing a local "neutral" site game for one preseason game a year. Cuse would also be an option for the Bills.

Get games in places that don't have a team.

I don't think it has that much to do with the won/loss record. SJ holds onto that football on the 30 this year and we win. Canadians didn't slap that football out.

Does anyone think if we played Seattle last year in the Ralph we would have won?

Do you really need to be convinced that a game played at the Rogers Center puts the Bills at a huge disadvantage compared to a game at the Ralph?

Who the hell knows what would've happened had those games been played at the Ralph.

Putting an end to this farce of a series should be an easy decision for all parties involved.

Edited by cantankerous

Someone should start a petition to get rid of the games there before this meeting. Let the Bills know how the fans feel about it before they head I to this meeting. Not that they don't already know. But just thinking about the last time we did something drastic (like a billboard to fore the HC) we got what we wanted. Let's let Russ know how we feel.

Very likely that without Ted, the Rogers organization is more bottom line focused and are questioning the value they get for giving Bills $25 million per season to play there (under the original deal). The series was a bad deal for everyone, except Ralph Wilson.

Do you think Ralph pockets all $25 million, or does he kick some to his inner circle?