Welcome to the Ralph - Slam Dunk Competition

MClem06

I searched to see if has been posted and didn't see anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xJyjWRreW2w

If it is already live somewhere sorry ahead of time. If it isn't enjoy. God I hate the fact of no more Bills football till August.

That was funny.

I can see where it can be seen as confrontational but if you are twenty something "dunked on" is part of the goof-off culture and it doesn't appear mean spirited.

It's good to see there is still some kind of life in lot 1.

Where the Bengals guy with the cup gets dunked on was where the unofficial TBD tailgate was for many years. Pole 5.

It's sad see nothing but parked cars with nobody around them. That lot used to be 90% tailgaters and it would fill up fast. We drive by at 9 am now and nobody is in the lot or waiting to get in.

I have said this before......with all due respect to Hammer.......Lot 1 was the heart of Bills tailgating and just a breeding ground for new Bills tailgaters/fans.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My goodness everyone is angry. If they did this to you, you would try and beat them up... really? Theyre putting a foam ball in a net above your head, barely touching you. But especially if you were with your wife, youd be so disrepsected that you would have no choice but to physically assault a 20 year old. Thats probably true for a lot of bills fans, and thats the biggest problem with our stadium, fans, games. Everyone always thinks everything is an insult and wants to fight to prove how tough they are. No one is buying it. Just makes us look like neandrathals. Thank goodness the other teams fans in the video have a sense of humor and dont try to flex nuts by fighting pr instigating. Again, i reserve that this is hilarious, and i hope i see this in action next season.

My goodness everyone is angry. If they did this to you, you would try and beat them up... really? Theyre putting a foam ball in a net above your head, barely touching you. But especially if you were with your wife, youd be so disrepsected that you would have no choice but to physically assault a 20 year old. Thats probably true for a lot of bills fans, and thats the biggest problem with our stadium, fans, games. Everyone always thinks everything is an insult and wants to fight to prove how tough they are. No one is buying it. Just makes us look like neandrathals. Thank goodness the other teams fans in the video have a sense of humor and dont try to flex nuts by fighting pr instigating. Again, i reserve that this is hilarious, and i hope i see this in action next season.

Hey Greg,

Go do that slam dunk thing at a Raiders game. I dare ya. You probably get shot or stabbed....lol..

That stadium lot is full of alpha males drinking. You don'g go up to guys like that and insult them or shove them or try to embarrass them or humiliate them in some way without expecting repercussions.

Would you walk into a bar, walk up to a guy and shove him so he spills his beer? What do you think would happen dude? Get real. The problem lies with the instigators, not with some guy who gets mad that you shoved him. C'mon man....

The other team's fans quickly realize that they are out numbered so they have to suck it up and move on. I would guess that very few of them actually think it is funny.

That was funny.

I can see where it can be seen as confrontational but if you are twenty something "dunked on" is part of the goof-off culture and it doesn't appear mean spirited.

It's good to see there is still some kind of life in lot 1.

Where the Bengals guy with the cup gets dunked on was where the unofficial TBD tailgate was for many years. Pole 5.

It's sad see nothing but parked cars with nobody around them. That lot used to be 90% tailgaters and it would fill up fast. We drive by at 9 am now and nobody is in the lot or waiting to get in.

I have said this before......with all due respect to Hammer.......Lot 1 was the heart of Bills tailgating and just a breeding ground for new Bills tailgaters/fans.

What, Hammer's Lot or the Rock Lot or Sully's or Chuckie's or the Mud Lot was not the heart of Bills tailgating all these years. Dam.

I guess if you want to slam dunk you will have to go back to lot 1 cause you will not be seeing it in HAMMER'S LOT

I think the "dunk" fun is being lost in translation on some here. In a tailgating type atmosphere fun things do happen.

Most would write it off to that. The people calling it assault are acting like these guys are out there handing out gang style beat downs.

If I go to met life and a bunch of jets fans dunk on me and my Travis Henry jersey, I get it. I'd probably laugh it off. Or I'd mutombo all those green wearing mofos.

Kids are having fun. I wouldn't lose much sleep over it. Alex Smith got owned in the video. Nice dunk off his back kids.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

It's good fun of an idea but they took it too far the way some of them climbed up the backs of the opposing fans. And you just don't do that to complete strangers in public. It would piss me off getting elbowed in the head.

Agreed they only picked on easy targets and are lucky no one misconstrued it as an assault or saw them coming up on them and cold cocked them.

It's good fun of an idea but they took it too far the way some of them climbed up the backs of the opposing fans. And you just don't do that to complete strangers in public. It would piss me off getting elbowed in the head.

It's dangerous. You never know what psycho will not take it in good fun, and then stab you with a knife.

What, Hammer's Lot or the Rock Lot or Sully's or Chuckie's or the Mud Lot was not the heart of Bills tailgating all these years. Dam.

I guess if you want to slam dunk you will have to go back to lot 1 cause you will not be seeing it in HAMMER'S LOT

I didn't say it to take anything away from what you're doing now, but no, the off lots were never that great. Hammer's is most definitely the center now that Kenny is there.

The size of Lot 1 and the ease to find just made it the ideal venue and really easy for newcomers......and opposing fans. It's good to meet new people and have a different experience each week because of it.

The crackdowns on early entry, then the Disney parking, the early lot closing.....even the blacktopping of lot 1......alll just combined to make it unworkable.

By the time we came over to Hammer's Lot it was a blessing to get out of there. Loved the grass and easy access to the ECC bathrooms when we were there.

I am not at all easy to anger and I am hardly someone who gets upset at the silly things in life. Quick to laugh and walk away because I don't like confrontation. But just the same I don't like !@#$s and stupidity. It wouldn't be that the act would upset me. It'd be the douchebaggery afterward. When I would say "wtf, dude, what the eff?" And they'd laugh it off and try to give me high fives like it was cool and fun because they were just having fun of course, seeing the camera I would ask them why? It'd then get annoying because they would want to post their cool edgy video on Facebook to get free and lel.

Its just petty childish antics that don't work on most adults. And if it happened to me I'd like brush it off and push them off after me because they hung on those guys. That's where the trouble would start. But I highly doubt they'd be willing to attempt it on me unknowingly.

I think the "dunk" fun is being lost in translation on some here. In a tailgating type atmosphere fun things do happen.

Most would write it off to that. The people calling it assault are acting like these guys are out there handing out gang style beat downs.

If I go to met life and a bunch of jets fans dunk on me and my Travis Henry jersey, I get it. I'd probably laugh it off. Or I'd mutombo all those green wearing mofos.

Kids are having fun. I wouldn't lose much sleep over it. Alex Smith got owned in the video. Nice dunk off his back kids.

you do call that assault. If the person they dunk slips and falls or has another issue which they become injured is it still funny?

I am not being glass half empty I am merely saying that there isn't much thought to the consequences here because its fun. Just like going water skiing over a rock, or shooting bottle rockets at your friend. Its not if it will backfire it is when.

old grumpy people that are a bit out of touch in the thread

Slam Cam is an internet meme (if you dont now what a meme is you are REALLY out of touch)

its considered to be in good fun

it's not in the same vein as the Knockout Game or truly bad stuff like that

no one is getting hurt or verbally abused - and compared to some of the treatment i have personally seen at the ralph towards opposing fans, this is very mild

edit: i also dont even think its that funny or a particularly well done video, but its just some run of the mill gameday lot shenanigans

Edited by Noodle

old grumpy people that are a bit out of touch in the thread

Slam Cam is an internet meme (if you dont now what a meme is you are REALLY out of touch)

its considered to be in good fun

it's not in the same vein as the Knockout Game or truly bad stuff like that

no one is getting hurt or verbally abused - and compared to some of the treatment i have personally seen at the ralph towards opposing fans, this is very mild

edit: i also dont even think its that funny or a particularly well done video, but its just some run of the mill gameday lot shenanigans

I am old and grumpy but it is not a meme. The definition of meme has changed as history and newfriends get ahold of internet slang and ruin what was once the fu n of the internet to create tumblr and then 9gag

A meme is not pronounced me-me but it is based off of a me me because going back to 2002-3 when the name came relevant it was used to drescribe how many popular attention whores would label their duck face pictures and other drama pictures to make everything about them.

I am hardly out of touch with all of this stuff, heck, I am too in touch with it. From Jessie slaughter and Jeffrey pumba laroque, shoe on the head, boxxxy, and even marky Thompson I pretty much stay in tune heck, I remember snacks and his crap.

These kids are punks and newfriends.

I am old and grumpy but it is not a meme. The definition of meme has changed as history and newfriends get ahold of internet slang and ruin what was once the fu n of the internet to create tumblr and then 9gag

A meme is not pronounced me-me but it is based off of a me me because going back to 2002-3 when the name came relevant it was used to drescribe how many popular attention whores would label their duck face pictures and other drama pictures to make everything about them.

I am hardly out of touch with all of this stuff, heck, I am too in touch with it. From Jessie slaughter and Jeffrey pumba laroque, shoe on the head, boxxxy, and even marky Thompson I pretty much stay in tune heck, I remember snacks and his crap.

These kids are punks and newfriends.

Dude....Now you are making me feel old.

Everything you just said to that dude was like total Greek to me.......lol.....seriously.....like what the?

Dammit...dammit....dammit......I am old.

Dude....Now you are making me feel old.

Everything you just said to that dude was like total Greek to me.......lol.....seriously.....like what the?

Dammit...dammit....dammit......I am old.

internet slang and pop culture. Frequent the internet long and deep enough you'll find the compellations which make it easy to check up on I spend too much time on the internet

Go do that slam dunk thing at a Raiders game. I dare ya. You probably get shot or stabbed....lol..

That stadium lot is full of alpha males drinking. You don'g go up to guys like that and insult them or shove them or try to embarrass them or humiliate them in some way without expecting repercussions.

Would you walk into a bar, walk up to a guy and shove him so he spills his beer? What do you think would happen dude? Get real. The problem lies with the instigators, not with some guy who gets mad that you shoved him. C'mon man....

Agree with the above 100%. It really is a total lack of respect for another human being, and yes, if there is ANY physical contact, it could be construed as assault. Like someone above said, what if someone gets banged on the head by an elbow of a "dunker", and gets a bruise on their head? THAT would be assault, no different than just walking up to someone and slugging them in the head. The spilt beer, or any other drink for that matter, sure would leave me highly perturbed.

I also wonder if they ever did this to someone who got really angry (and combative) about it, but just edited that out of their YT post.

Ehh, this is the kind of good-natured jackassery that was around in the 80s and 90s, and isnt that bad.

I am not at all easy to anger and I am hardly someone who gets upset at the silly things in life. Quick to laugh and walk away because I don't like confrontation. But just the same I don't like !@#$s and stupidity. It wouldn't be that the act would upset me. It'd be the douchebaggery afterward. When I would say "wtf, dude, what the eff?" And they'd laugh it off and try to give me high fives like it was cool and fun because they were just having fun of course, seeing the camera I would ask them why? It'd then get annoying because they would want to post their cool edgy video on Facebook to get free and lel.

Just laugh and keep walking. It's ok to have a sense of humor about being an opposing fan at the other teams stadium. B-):thumbsup:

Edited by DrDareustein

Agreed they only picked on easy targets and are lucky no one misconstrued it as an assault or saw them coming up on them and cold cocked them.

And you could easily accidentally hurt the person your going over. Or them accidentally hurt you before they realize its a joke (or not appreciate the joke as has been often mentioned). While it's a silly joke, and not the end of the world it's not what I'd qualify as a smart one as it has a lot if easily foreseeable bad outcomes