Aaron Williams message to Byrd

qblax16

I think many of us do not realize we have to have a deal worked out by July once we franchise him.

We have a very small window in actuality. Or at least historically speaking teams spend the next 3 weeks on college bowl games and watching playoff soon-to-be FA's with little regard to their own FA. Of course our FO is a little different then most in that they seem to keep the ball rolling on certain players and resign them sporatically

After the Super Bowl it is about signing your FA for a few weeks then gearing up for FA signings then the draft and then come May/June teams sign their FAs stallwarts and upcoming FA.

If we lose Byrd, do next to nothing in FA and proceed to enter 2014 opening day 20+Million under cap……sell/move the team guys (ownership/mgmt), you will lose hearts and minds for good. Unless Byrd is just done and will not sign here, every effort should be made to keep him.

I just have a feeling that we are going to hear the rhetoric from Russ….."We made what we felt like was a good offer…..shucks…..we really wanted Jairus to be a Bill for life……" Then some cost-efficient sleight of hand……Look kids! Michael Vick!……ooooooooooohhhh! Get yer tix now! Told ya we're committed. :censored:

still puzzling in all of this is that we carried over some of Fitz's contract when we could have ate it all in 2013

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills will have alot more 20 million in cap going in. I forgot the number but i believe its like 6th most available cash.

If Byrd was any kind of happy in Buff. i would prefer to keep him . I know its not logical but thats me.

Also he IS the highest rated safety in FA coming up

Edited by 3rdand12

I think Byrd faked his "ankle" injury so he could leave the game early. Didn't want to risk getting hurt in that game and miss the Probowl so he can use that for contract talks.

agree...he lied like hell regarding his 2 month "plantar fascia" injury and i am sure he did it again.

I don't see what good it does for the Bills to have $20M+ spare room under the cap next year, freeing up space by not signing Byrd. They were far under the cap this year and didn't use the money. The whole thing is about bleeding the Bills to enrich Ralph's kids before he passes.

Tim Graham: OBD would rather eat tin foil than admit Byrd's contract demands were validated.

Mind you, that's not Byrd saying that. It's Graham saying that.

How interesting the way Graham words his article to make is sound as though Jairus is saying that Tim's "tin foil" comment is valid, when the quote seems to be in reference to this:

There might even have been some folks at One Bills Drive who grimaced to learn Byrd had been selected for another Pro Bowl, I told him.

How interesting the way Graham words his article to make is sound as though Jairus is saying that Tim's "tin foil" comment is valid, when the quote seems to be in reference to this:

There might even have been some folks at One Bills Drive who grimaced to learn Byrd had been selected for another Pro Bowl, I told him.

graham has been around this team longer then Byrd, for what it's worth

Tim Graham: OBD would rather eat tin foil than admit Byrd's contract demands were validated.

Mind you, that's not Byrd saying that. It's Graham saying that.

Interesting too that Byrd did not take Graham's bait ...

"That's an interesting observation," Byrd said. "That's a good point. I'm not going to expound on that, but it's a valid point."

I'm ashamed I added a click count to Graham's article. He has no idea how ignorant and stupid he sounds. Just pathetic.

I can only hope Byrd was referring to the negative fan base by saying Graham's comment may be valid.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm ashamed I added a click count to Graham's article. He has no idea how ignorant and stupid he sounds. Just pathetic.

I can only hope Byrd was referring to the negative fan base by saying Graham's comment may be valid.

GO BILLS!!!

You know as well as I do that Tim Graham doesn't know what this front office is thinking with regard to Byrd. It's very likely Jairus knows that too; I highly doubt he'd lend any credence to Tim's "tin foil" comment

New Year's Resolution: Read fewer Tim Graham articles

GO BILLS!!! +1

GO BILLS!!!

You have to believe his article is giving the home office a serious case of redskin...err...I mean red ass.

You know as well as I do that Tim Graham doesn't know what this front office is thinking with regard to Byrd. It's very likely Jairus knows that too; I highly doubt he'd lend any credence to Tim's "tin foil" comment

I'd like to think I know that. But I get the impression that Graham actually believes the crap he makes up so much, that it's all so very real in his mind.

GO BILLS!!!

I didn't particularly like the article, but why is everyone so down on Graham? Just because he's a bit of a negative nancy now?

hes been an absolute disaster as far as professionalism goes. if you havent seen it you must not be reading his stuff. theres little to no defense for many of the stunts he pulls on a regular basis.

the article today, putting words into the front offices mouth in order to try and elicit a negative response from byrd being just one of many examples. not being a fan i am fine with. not being a respectable journalist is a different issue. that exchange shouldnt have happened the way he outlined in the first place, yet alone been featured in the article how it was.

Edited by NoSaint