Not to be negative about Woods

ColdBlueNorth

He was awesome yesterday, but isn't there a penalty for removing your helmet?

All I was thinking after he made that touchdown and ripped off his helmet is, "here comes the flag that will turn this positive into a negative".

Coaching opportunity for a young and talented WR who should expect to have a lot more TD's to celebrate.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, because of the most polished route runners, and one of the best rookie WR's in the league ought to be cut because he *gasp* took off his helmet after getting knocked, which at most would have resulted in a penalty on a kickoff. It's not like Stevie has ever done anything that could have potentially had the same effect.

I didn't see it... guess we finally got a call.

Let me be clear-- I don't think it was a penalty. But, the refs could have easily missed the fact that his helmet was bumped off, and could have easily called a penalty on it.

I don't think Woods was in the wrong; but better safe than sorry, and he would have been safer just popping his helmet back on.

I also don't think this is worth much of a debate, because Woods was awesome yesterday.

Let me be clear-- I don't think it was a penalty. But, the refs could have easily missed the fact that his helmet was bumped off, and could have easily called a penalty on it.

I don't think Woods was in the wrong; but better safe than sorry, and he would have been safer just popping his helmet back on.

I also don't think this is worth much of a debate, because Woods was awesome yesterday.

Correct on all counts. Nice summary.

I can't disagree as I've seen flags for less however....

He took it off, celebrated for a few seconds, then put it back on. It was (or should have been) clear that the removing of his helmet wasn't a celebration. I think if he jawed for a while or over celebrated a penalty may have been warranted. In this case it was a good no call.

Edit: after retreading your post I think I said the exact same thing as you lol.

Edited by section122