Good remakes of classic songs

OGTEleven

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice story. great talent doesn't guarantee commercial success and vice versa. i think that's one reason the recent resurgence in music festivals is so great. acts are often booked on word of mouth and insider knowledge. as an aside, is bruce robison related to emily from the dixie chicks?

Emily is Bruce's ex-sister in-law. She was married to his brother Charlie. He has some good records out too...very musical family all the way around. Bruce wrote a couple of big country songs, recorded by more main-stream artists, you might know:

"Traveling Soldier"- Dixie Chicks

"Angry All the Time"- Faith Hill & Tim McGraw

"Desperately"- George Strait

"Wrapped"- George Strait

And a few others I can't think of at the moment. Bruce and Charlie have a younger sister, named Robyn Ludwick who also has been putting some pretty solid, Lucinda Williams-like albums out.

That is pretty great. I have always been meaning to check out more stuff from these guys.

I saw them at Emo's a couple weeks ago. they were excellent...much better live than I had expected them to be. they're very, very dark though, and their schtick is a bit much. this is their cover of Roky Erikson's 'if you have ghosts' from the recent tour:

That didn't work.

Hey Promo... Are you computing from a mobile device or are you on a desktop/laptop computer? I find that I can't embed when I am my phone (Android) like I am now. Now, when I am on the desktop computer... No problem. I haven't explored the situation, just live w/it I guess.

PTR, when on youtube, below the video there are 5 tabs, 'about' 'share' etc...click on the 'share' tab, it will display a window with a shortened url, copy and paste that you should be good to go

That didn't work.

That didn't work.

I always change the feature part of the URL to player_embedded and that seems to work for me. Also, you need 'media' tags which are available under the Special BB Code thingy to the left of the Font box up there

• 4 weeks later...

apple radio turned this up for me yesterday. quite an amazing story about this artist. this was her last performance. she died from metastatic malignant melanoma a few weeks later. and she chose this to end her set:

birdog, i clicked this and thought this woman looks familiar.. then saw the name of the artist and it came back to me.I remember seeing her at at least 3 times in DC now, back when i went out a bit more to see live music...she was very popular back when DC was quite a bit smaller than it is today.Thank you for posting this.

Thank you to all for posting, have been exposed to some artist i would have never heard.