Good remakes of classic songs

OGTEleven

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz8_H5m6ymAOn the anniversary of Joe Strummers death, was gonna post the Clash doing Bobby Fullers "I Fought the Law"...but realizing we have a lot of Cash fans....I submit this awesome Bob Marley cover of "Redemption Song"...fitting that it was one of the last things either men recorded. Edited by Buftex

Jimi's is probably the best, but I think DMB's version is better than Dylan's. Plus, everyone has already heard Jimi's, but maybe not DMB's.

The title of the thread should be tweeked a little. What defines "classic?" When Jimi did it, IMO, it wasn't classic by Dylan. Heck, Jim practically did it within the same year Dylan did it! 1967/68 by Dylan. Dylan and Jimi's came out during the same era and like I said within almost the same year... SO, Jimi made it a classic!

The thread should morph into good or better remakes of the original... Drop the whole classic bit. That's a little easier. One song that totally fits that bill is REM's "Superman."

Anyway, on the converse and speaking of remakes that are God awful... w/All Along the Watchtower... Anybody remember Jim Schoenfeld's abortion of that song and his equally disturbing album... LoL ??

Edited by ExiledInIllinois