What is your EJ Manuel Confidence Level?

Beerball

I feel like I'm more optimistic that the rest of this board. The injuries slowed his progress this year a bit in my opinion. I'm a solid 75% on my EJMCL. I'm looking forward to seeing what he does the next couple of weeks.

Me too. He may or may not work out, only time will tell. But he has shown flashes, he seems mature and intelligent - he's an easy kid to root for.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe 50-50 that he can be a decent serviceable QB that can, with the right tools, manage this team to the playoffs. 25% confidence that he will be a top-10 QB in the league. 3% confidence that he will be a top-10 all time QB like Manning or Brady who can carry a bad team no matter the talent around him.

This is not a slam against EJ!!! I like him a lot, and desperately want him to be the next Joe Montana, but will need to see marked improvement before my confidence goes higher!

Edited by BillsClinton

I see EJ's upside in the same realm as Flacco and Eli Manning. Probably never be a top 5 QB but he can be in the next 5. As Flacco and E. Manning have shown you don't need to be top 5 to win super bowls.

Edited by Steve O

My EJMCL is at 37.7%

Which is probably better than Congress and the White House but much lower than I was expecting through week 14.

Since Week 17 is going to be meaningful for the Pats. This next two divisional games can actually have a huge effect on my EJMCL. If he looks better than Thad Lewis is Miami this week and brings it against the Pats in Foxborough and the Bills finish 4-2 in the division there can be an astronomical rise EJMCL.

If he craps the bed in both games the EJMCL could reach single digits.

The Bills may be out of the playoffs but the rest of the NFL is very interested in the outcome of the next two games. They need to show up and play spoiler its up To EJ to lead them.

Edited by Why So Serious?

My EJMCL is at 37.7%

Which is probably better than Congress and the White House but much lower than I was expecting through week 14.

Since Week 17 is going to be meaningful for the Pats. This next two divisional games can actually have a huge effect on my EJMCL. If he looks better than Thad Lewis is Miami this week and brings it against the Pats in Foxborough and the Bills finish 4-2 in the division there can be an astronomical rise EJMCL.

If he craps the bed in both games the EJMCL could reach single digits.

The Bills may be out of the playoffs but the rest of the NFL is very interested in the outcome of the next two games. They need to show up and play spoiler its up To EJ to lead them.

Well there goes that idea. Now that EJ is out on Sunday my EJMCL is 18.85% and dropping.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I'm not down on him but I'm not confident either. He's about where I'd expect him to be. The good news is he has the physical tools to be elite so if he does finally "get it" he won't be an Alex Smith type, he'll be much better. Granted, there's about the same chance that it never clicks for him and he's thrown into the dustbin of QB of Bills future's past. It's really a toss up at this point but I'll skew it slightly in his favor because he seems like a smart kid with a leader's demeanor. Let's hope he's an extremely hard worker too.

Confidence level: 55%

By the end of next year we should have a much better idea though he'll still be far from a finished product.

i am confident he will NEVER be a FRANCHISE QB (Top 10) (that's my opinion based mostly on his serious lack of accuracy).

for the record, i like EJ, i'm glad we drafted him, i would do that trade all over again, i want to keep him, i want to develop him, i hope he gets better.

after 11 games he is ranked 27th & 28th in passer rating and total QBR. i say in a couple years he peaks just inside the Top 20. that ain't good enough for that position.

plus he is a QB who needs/uses his legs to be successful. those guys get injured alot, as has already been the case.

by now, many know the importance i place on getting a Franchise QB. i wouldn't wait 2-3 years to see what EJ can or can't do. i would pick another QB this year in any early round that made sense.

injured and out again

but not to worry, thad is coming in.....and if he can't make it we have TUEL....he looked great in the 4th QTR of that one preseason game.....(sarcasm alert).

we don't need to be wasting any high picks on another QB. the 27th, 50th & 100th best QB's are good enough (sarcasm alert).

injured and out again

but not to worry, thad is coming in.....and if he can't make it we have TUEL....he looked great in the 4th QTR of that one preseason game.....(sarcasm alert).

we don't need to be wasting any high picks on another QB. the 27th, 50th & 100th best QB's are good enough (sarcasm alert).

So you're going to toot your own horn and claim to have an accurate opinion of EJ's ability because he tweaked a previous injury?

Not sure I follow.

So you're going to toot your own horn and claim to have an accurate opinion of EJ's ability because he tweaked a previous injury?

Not sure I follow.

whatever EJ is or isn't regarding health and talent level.....we need someone better for 2014.

I'm pretty disappointed he's not playing. I would have loved to see him in a divisional game and see if he can put 2 good games together. however in the big scheme of things, it's pretty meaningless. EJ will have a full offseason as the QB. Use a few picks to upgrade the talent around him. IF next year he continues to struggle with injuries/ consistency, it will be time to move on.

No they are not different statements. That is a hair that doesn't need splitting.

I strongly disagree. If the assertion is that the team needs better QB play, that's one thing; if it's that the team needs someone else in order to get better QB play, that's totally different.

I'm not down on him but I'm not confident either. He's about where I'd expect him to be. The good news is he has the physical tools to be elite so if he does finally "get it" he won't be an Alex Smith type, he'll be much better.

EJ and Alex Smith tested similar athletically. There is a perception among those that don't watch him regularly to think that Smith isn't an outstanding athlete but he is a big, quick footed, fast and super-smart dude. You could nearly flip their combine results and pertinent measurements. Smith had an off-the-charts wonderlic of 40. They both entered the NFL looking very raw. All those smarts and all of that athletic ability didn't make Smith better in just a couple of seasons. EJ has a laundry list of issues to improve as did Smith. There are a lot of apologists on here who are simply expecting him to come out next season and be a completely different QB and I think what we have seen this year..........in this age of passer friendly football.........suggests that EJ probably needs a lot of seasoning. Perhaps many years.