What are the four weakest starting players?

bisonbrigade

#1- FRANCHISE QB ( EJ is not that guy) if peyton manning was the QB of this team, we would be 9-5 not 5-9.

If rookie peyton manning was the QB of this team we would be 2-12 not 5-9.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Gilmore? I know that he has been hurt, but he has been a major contributor to losses this season imo. He has given up far too many key completions, let alone penalties.

I was never high on McKelvin, but he has been able to take advantage of the Bills great pass rush this season. Gilmore has not done so. I know that he has potential, etc., but he just has not played well.

He's been lousy most of the time since returning. I wasn't really buying the wrist excuse. He's not a natural CB athlete like Leodis......his game is very much based on being an intense, competitive defender and when he is not he is not impressive. Past couple weeks he has looked combative and the results are much better. I thought he was tentative most of the season and blaming that on the wrist just doesn't speak to the competitor that we thought we were getting when he put on that Bills hat and walked on stage looking like he wanted to kill Goodell. He needs to be that guy, otherwise he needs to be a safety because I don't think he has the feet and hips to mirror quicker receivers without taking them off their game with physical play.

Peyton's numbers as a rookie would have been significantly better in 2013 than 1998 due to rule changes.

I often wonder how people can watch the NFL change so drastically and still be in some form of denial about it.

In 1998 when Manning entered the NFL, the story was defenses.........zone blitz, tampa-2, Wade's 3-4, the Belichick 3-4 defense, Wannstedts Dallas/the U 4-3 defense, even the 46.....defenses could beat you in many ways.

It may have never been harder to be a QB coming into the league.

Now.......almost everyone has to play some sort of derivitive of the Belichick defense and just hope the offense makes a mistake.

As the rules changes opened up the game the elite QB's went nuts.......Brady, Manning, Brees and Rodgers are a threat to throw for 5,000 yards and 50 TD's regularly.

But still......some people think that what rookie QB's have to deal with today compares to what the NFL was like i10, 15, 20 years ago and so on.

Edited by BADOLBEELZ

biggest needs in order of impact (which position would create more wins):

#1- FRANCHISE QB ( EJ is not that guy) if peyton manning was the QB of this team, we would be 9-5 not 5-9.

#2- OT ( draft a LT and play him at RT, move Pears to LG) gives EJ more time and CJ/Freddy more space

#3- DT ( draft a NOSE TACKLE who can stop the run, move Dareus to DE)

#4- TE (weakest unit on team)

#5- OLB ( Hughes and Lawson are ok, but after that moats & bradham stink)

#6- WR (is a need, but not more than #1 - 5)

more than likely a franchise QB willl not be worth using our 10th overall pick for (usual run of QB's before we pick), but a LT will be there.

Greg Robinson OT Auburn

Taylor Lewan OT Michigan

Louis Nix III DT Notre Dame

Khalil Mack OLB U Buffalo (likely gone)

Eric Ebron TE North Carolina

Brett Hundley QB UCLA

Out of curiosity, why would you prefer to draft a natural LT if you plan to play him at RT?

Out of curiosity, why would you prefer to draft a natural LT if you plan to play him at RT?

that just me.....other than center, i would only draft and have four LT's on my line. most of these guys have played all positions.

just like i would never draft a safety, i would have 4-5 CB's.

He needs to be that guy, otherwise he needs to be a safety because I don't think he has the feet and hips to mirror quicker receivers without taking them off their game with physical play.

I can see this scenario playing out. As critical as I have been of Gilmore, I would never deny the fact that he is exceptionally strong. I could see him moving to safety and Brandon using this as an excuse to let Byrd walk, and putting the money back in Mr. Wilson's pocket.

It might even work too, but would this mean another first round corner? Sadly, you never know with this team. :(

seeing as i have not answered the original question....

#1- D. Legursky

#2- T. Graham

#3- N. Bradham

#4- E. Pears

Very good work. Finally.

Legursky has been fairly obvious at times.

Graham is a fan favorite to burn at the stake me included.

Nigel...

Pears . has had a big drop off after injuries.

Brooks should be added should be on alert.

we have too many players that excel at special teams .Danny Crosman

Moats

I can see this scenario playing out. As critical as I have been of Gilmore, I would never deny the fact that he is exceptionally strong. I could see him moving to safety and Brandon using this as an excuse to let Byrd walk, and putting the money back in Mr. Wilson's pocket.

It might even work too, but would this mean another first round corner? Sadly, you never know with this team. :(

There seem to be a lot of good corners in the draft. They could probably get a starter in the second round. Not that I'm advocating that they pick a corner, but the BPA in the first 3 rounds could very well be a corner, and I'm generally a proponent of drafting BPA.

To answer the OP's ? I'd agree with most here that Legursky is easily the worst starter.

I don't think TJ is as bad as everyone makes him out to be but he's still pretty bad and probably shouldn't see the field unless they're going 5 wide. So If you consider the 4th string WR a starter, he'd be the next weakest. I would like to see another WR drafted or at least an FA brought in.

After that it's a toss up between EJ, Bradham, Urbik, and Pears. I like EJ and hope he continues to develop but today he's a typical rookie QB prone to make mistakes and doesn't show the consistency a team needs at QB. Bradham has slowly improved over his career, IMO, but either he's got to substantially step his game up or they should explore another option. Urbik and Pears aren't exactly awful, but there is certainly plenty of room for improvement at those positions.

Edited by uncle flap

There seem to be a lot of good corners in the draft. They could probably get a starter in the second round. Not that I'm advocating that they pick a corner, but the BPA in the first 3 rounds could very well be a corner, and I'm generally a proponent of drafting BPA.

To answer the OP's ? I'd agree with most here that Legursky is easily the worst starter.

I don't think TJ is as bad as everyone makes him out to be but he's still pretty bad and probably shouldn't see the field unless they're going 5 wide. So If you consider the 4th string WR a starter, he'd be the next weakest. I would like to see another WR drafted or at least an FA brought in.

After that it's a toss up between EJ, Bradham, Urbik, and Pears. I like EJ and hope he continues to develop but today he's a typical rookie QB prone to make mistakes and doesn't show the consistency a team needs at QB. Bradham has slowly improved over his career, IMO, but either he's got to substantially step his game up or they should explore another option. Urbik and Pears aren't exactly awful, but there is certainly plenty of room for improvement at those positions.

Well said .

and a point i would like to make . I do think there are a good few amazing players on the Bills right now. So I would hope any players that are described as adequate or servicable should no longer be starters. its time to take the next step up this off season. I expect Doug Whaley thinks the same

Well said .

and a point i would like to make . I do think there are a good few amazing players on the Bills right now. So I would hope any players that are described as adequate or servicable should no longer be starters. its time to take the next step up this off season. I expect Doug Whaley thinks the same

Agreed. I was tempted to list Chandler in that toss up section as well, since he falls into that "adequate/serviceable" category. Perhaps Moeaki or Gragg is the upgrade we'd like to see there. Although Chandler's skill set is lacking compared to the premier TEs throughout the league, I don't consider not having an elite TE as "hole" in the roster the way many here do.

With respect to positions that need to be upgraded, I would list OG (x2), OT, and LB. If EJ is not the answer, then QB is obviously the #1 priority. TE and WR are on the next tier, but not nearly as important IMO. The success of TEs and WRs are directly tied to the performance of the QB and OL.

Edited by uncle flap

Agreed. I was tempted to list Chandler in that toss up section as well, since he falls into that "adequate/serviceable" category. Perhaps Moeaki or Gragg is the upgrade we'd like to see there. Although Chandler's skill set is lacking compared to the premier TEs throughout the league, I don't consider not having an elite TE as "hole" in the roster the way many here do.

With respect to positions that need to be upgraded, I would list OG (x2), OT, and LB. If EJ is not the answer, then QB is obviously the #1 priority. TE and WR are on the next tier, but not nearly as important IMO. The success of TEs and WRs are directly tied to the performance of the QB and OL.

Moeaki is dressing for Miami. !

I wanted to mention Chandler also. He makes plays but is limits play calling i think. and he has really struggled blocking.

I dont feel we need a premier TE ,so much as an upgrade or two.