What are the four weakest starting players?

bisonbrigade

With the off-season approaching the Bills need to improve there roster threw free agency and the draft. Just wondering what people think are the four weakest starting positions on the team. Here is my picks,

1. Left guard,Number one weakest starter. No NFL Caliber starting player on team.

2. Tight End,Chandler would be a good second string but need a beast at the position.

3. Strong Safety, all those gashing long runs are because there is no sheriff patrolling behind the line.

4. Right Tackle. Eric Pears is a good back up but gets owned from time to time.

The Bills should get bigger and more physical on offense, EJ plays best with play action and roll outs of play action.

whats your take?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the off-season approaching the Bills need to improve there roster threw free agency and the draft. Just wondering what people think are the four weakest starting positions on the team. Here is my picks,

1. Left guard,Number one weakest starter. No NFL Caliber starting player on team.

2. Tight End,Chandler would be a good second string but need a beast at the position.

3. Strong Safety, all those gashing long runs are because there is no sheriff patrolling behind the line.

The Bills should get bigger and more physical on offense, EJ plays best with play action and roll outs of play action.

whats your take?

Same but change SS to QB, and RT to LB.

whats your take?

I'd take away Strong Safety, because I think Aaron Williams is playing well and add OLB. Moats and Bradham are great depth but aren't starting material. They are part of the run game problem.

Agree with 1 and 2.

Some of the run problem is due to overpursuit (Kiko is known to be a little too agressive in this way). A. Williams is turning into a stud out there.

Pears could stand to be replaced, but I think we may want to find another LB to start over Moats and Bradham, or a big WR.

whats your take?

SS?? :huh:

1. LG
  2. RT
  3. OLB
  4. WR1

I think this is an easy one:

1) Left guard

2) Will LB

3) TE

4) QB*

* I don't think you meant to include ST, but if you did, I replace QB with Punter...Moorman is a shell of his former self

Forgot about punter, yes, good call. And I could be on board with your 4 over mine, but I look at this as what to improve on in 2014, and we won't having a rookie starting at QB next year.

I won't number them as they are glaring weaknesses imo but LG, LB, and then behind that TE, RT, RG, WR.

I don't think any argument can be made about the need at LG. LB is a glaring hole as I see it as well. If there bpa is lb here I would love the pick.

TE because I hate watching Chandler. He had a good game Sunday but he isn't a game changer by any stretch of the imagination. RT, RG because again although serviceable they are a clear weakness on the team. WR because I too dream of the 6'5" throw it near them and they will make your qqb look good receivers.

Forgot about punter, yes, good call. And I could be on board with your 4 over mine, but I look at this as what to improve on in 2014, and we won't having a rookie starting at QB next year.

If that is indeed the frame of reference, then yes, I wholly agree. I don't think QB is a top-4 positional need for 2014; that doesn't mean I would shy away from drafting a guy in the first 4 rounds, however, as I fully believe that a team needs to draft impact players at key positions like QB, pass rusher, elite pass-catcher, and cover corner when the opportunity to do so presents itself.

People love to call for a tight end, but I maintain it's a luxury position, that Chandler is good enough. Folks, he's the best we've had in years.

Off the top of my head, looking at all the teams in the league, here are the only ones I'd identify as having a significantly better TE than us, and as you see, not all of these teams are significantly better...

1. Cleveland
  2. Indy
  3. Cincy
  4. New England
  5. Denver
  6. Dallas
  7. Minnesota
  8. New Orleans
  9. Carolina
  10. Atlanta
  11. San Fran

biggest needs in order of impact (more wins):

#1- FRANCHISE QB ( EJ is not that guy) if peyton manning was the QB of this team, we would be 9-5

#2- RT (move pears to LG) draft a LT and play him at RT

#3- DT ( move Dareus to DE) draft a NOSE TACKLE who can stop the run

#4- TE (weakest unit on team) TE's create the greatest mismatches

#5- OLB ( moats and bradham stink) Hughes and Lawson are ok, but after that nothing.

more than likely a franchise QB willl not be worth using our 10th overall pick for, but a LT will be there.

People love to call for a tight end, but I maintain it's a luxury position, that Chandler is good enough. Folks, he's the best we've had in years.

Off the top of my head, looking at all the teams in the league, here are the only ones I'd identify as having a significantly better TE than us, and as you see, not all of these teams are significantly better...

1. Cleveland

2. Indy

3. Cincy

4. New England

5. Denver

6. Dallas

7. Minnesota

8. New Orleans

9. Carolina

10. Atlanta

11. San Fran

With injury considerations...

I'd throw Miami (Clay), Baltimore (Pitta), Houston (Daniels), Seattle (Miller), Green Bay (Finley), Detroit (Pettigrew), Chicago (Bennett), & Washington (Reed) in there too.

With injury considerations...

I'd throw Miami (Clay), Baltimore (Pitta), Houston (Daniels), Seattle (Miller), Green Bay (Finley), Detroit (Pettigrew), Chicago (Bennett), & Washington (Reed) in there too.

Finley sucks, Pettigrew fine, Clay may be, Pitta may be, Daniels fine, Bennet no, Reed no.

But even if we were to take every player we've both listed, that makes Chanlder the 20th best TE in the league, and of the 19 teams with better ones, we've beaten three, gone to overtime with two and have better records than four others.

That leaves 10.

biggest needs in order of impact (more wins):

#1- FRANCHISE QB ( EJ is not that guy) if peyton manning was the QB of this team, we would be 9-5

[snip]

more than likely a franchise QB willl not be worth using our 10th overall pick for, but a LT will be there.

If Peyton Manning had been a Bills draft pick, you would have run him out of town on a rail, stating: (Peyton is not that guy) if joe montana was the starting QB of this team, we would be 9-5

In his first year with the Colts, Manning went 3-13. He thew more INTs (28) than TDs (26), a completeion % of only 56.7%, and a QB Rating of 71.2.

Quarterbacks take time to develop. You have no idea what EJ is going to be yet.