Lewis to start / Manuel out

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. Here is one fan's take on why Thad should start.

http://billsmafia.co...-beat-patriots/

Nice read. And I agree with much of it.

Except, obviously the first paragraph where it states that Lewis is the "healthy option right now" at QB.

Could we please get back on topic........am I the only one who thinks that regardless Thad is the better choice for tomorrow's game??

TL is the better choice because EJM's knee injury has not responded as they's hoped.. Otherwise, EJM would be the better choice over Lewis.

I'd take Thad out there all day, way more exciting QB and he has that explosive potential.

For the coaches? They want EJ no matter what in order to save face.

That "explosive potential" that led to NO NFL team drafting him? I think the coaches want a QB to be good to win games and keep their high paying jobs. I don't think they care about "saving face" with some fan who probably makes less in a year than they do in a week. There are only 32 NFL teams and a limited number of these jobs. They want to make sure they have one of them.

You couldn't be more wrong. The Bills would not rule Manuel out if he had a chance of his status improving, fully practicing. Heck, even Rodgers was not ruled out each week until Thursday or so. Why is it so hard to understand that an injury does not rule you out until you practice and see how it responds? In the NFL, that happens on Thursdays and Fridays. It's really NOT complicated at all. Those such as yourself trying to see something that is not there are the ones complicating what is obviously an injury situation. TL was pretty mediocre in that "big win" over MIA,throwing for no TD's.Hot hand, right? It's difficult to see anything there that would lead Marrone to sit EJ Manuel for any reason other than injury. You absolutely are over complicating/ superanalyzing the fact that EJM's knee is still not where they want it. Therefore TL starts.

This argument seems to be going around in circles. Who is the best player on the field today Thad or EJ? Who gives you the best chance to win today? This is what the coach must ask himself. Could an injury influence his decision?.....absolutely. His decision however is based on who gives you the best opportunity to win. EJ's injury is to his LCL....a sprain to his knee that will limit lateral movement. He can still play. The coach wants a win though and that is the deciding factor. He feels Thad gives him the best chance. I'm sorry you think the Bills have no chance of winning anyway. It must be awful for you. The decision was still about winning.

no offense taken at all but I'm not a "sir"....maybe that's why I seem to be of the minority opinion here. Unfortunately my big brother was pretty clueless when it came to football so I have had to be a self learner.

If you think Thad is a better QB than EJ, you still have a lot to learn, little sis.

This argument seems to be going around in circles. Who is the best player on the field today Thad or EJ? Who gives you the best chance to win today? This is what the coach must ask himself. Could an injury influence his decision?.....absolutely. His decision however is based on who gives you the best opportunity to win. EJ's injury is to his LCL....a sprain to his knee that will limit lateral movement. He can still play. The coach wants a win though and that is the deciding factor. He feels Thad gives him the best chance. I'm sorry you think the Bills have no chance of winning anyway. It must be awful for you. The decision was still about winning.

If you think Thad is a better QB than EJ, you still have a lot to learn, little sis.

I have to say the proof is in the pudding. We win when Lewis is in the game, we lose with EJ. I mean its too bad a rookie coach picked QB who doesnt have it. Its always a crap shoot, unless his name is Luck. Move EJ to back up if he can even do that without tripping over a water bucket and hurting is knee again. The pick was bad, get over it and move on.

I have absolutely no clue whatsoever what folks have seen to make them say that Thad Lewis is a better player than EJ, in any capacity at all.

The case for Thad Lewis as the starting QB is, quite possibly, the worst-pled case for any player I've ever encountered in any sport.

And I might be understating this point.

Hyperbole?

In games that they have finished....

Thad 2-2

EJ 4-5

Right? Don't you also love how the two Miami wins get attributed to Thad Lewis an not the best pass rush in the NFL going against the worst pass protection in the NFL?

I have absolutely no clue whatsoever what folks have seen to make them say that Thad Lewis is a better player than EJ, in any capacity at all.

The case for Thad Lewis as the starting QB is, quite possibly, the worst-pled case for any player I've ever encountered in any sport.

Lewis is the backup QB, is undersized and went undrafted due to limited physical skills. An instant candidate for "Buffalolove".

Right? Don't you also love how the two Miami wins get attributed to Thad Lewis an not the best pass rush in the NFL going against the worst pass protection in the NFL?

A win is a win. Right ?

Its a team game.

Yup. Particularly in this case as the backup beat the fish ... twice. It was inevitable.

I hear you...I guess I just expect folks to evaluate his actual performance and not what they want to see. I never dreamt that people would be pining for Thad to actually start, especially when he produced those two offensive TDs--total--in the two games.

Edited by thebandit27

EJ's smart enough to know what happens if Lewis beats the Pats and has even a decent game.

What happens ? He keeps a roster spot ? Unlike his prior teams ?

You're lame. You have been awfully optimistic this season and where has that got you, huh? :D

Could we please get back on topic........am I the only one who thinks that regardless Thad is the better choice for tomorrow's game??

Yup. The browns cut him for a reason.