Lewis to start / Manuel out

26CornerBlitz

You are missing the point. It is not about resting someone who is hurt. It is about putting the player on the field with the best chance of winning, period. Coach feels that right now. Sometimes we over complicate things with an abundance of speculation. Sometimes you just make a decision and then move forward. Simple.

This.. is the obvious and simple answer

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps I'm not understanding your argument...my understanding of the situation is that EJ isn't at a level of health that Marrone wants to see for him to play this game, thus Lewis is starting.

If you're implying that Lewis is in because the staff thinks he's the better player, well, that's not accurate.

No. Not saying Thad is a better QB at all. Just that Thad is the better QB today. Forget the injury. While practicing, coach thought that the best player should be on the field this week. He made the decision and moved on. We on the other hand can't seem to let it go.

Just curious what others think......if the choice was between a healthy EJ or a healthy Thad who would be the right choice for tomorrow's game?

The answer will stay the same through next season. and its simple enough.

even if Thad plays through his upside and his ceiling/roof against Patriots.

Thad is playing for the next years backup position since the time has passed to get a veteran to teach

Edited by 3rdand12

Just curious what others think......if the choice was between a healthy EJ or a healthy Thad who would be the right choice for tomorrow's game?

I'd take Thad out there all day, way more exciting QB and he has that explosive potential.

For the coaches? They want EJ no matter what in order to save face.

You've missed the point. This is about a guy who is healthy vs one that is not. EJM's knee has been a problem, why risk it in this game? Get another look at Thad vs a division opponent on the road to see if he is a capable backup going forward. Simple. Always a manufactured controversy here...

No. If the coach was so concerned about the injury, EJ would not even be listed as doubtful. He would be ruled out, period. His bottom line decision is 100% based on who will be the best player on the field. Why is this so hard for people to understand? Marone has even stated numerous times that is how he decides the starters. We are the ones who are over analyzing and over complicating his decision. It's really all about trying to get the win and you do that by putting the best player out there. He could also be going with the hot hand. Thad had a big win over Miami, but I don't want to get into this topic because it's just speculation. Edited by Rockinon

The answer will stay the same through next season. and its simple enough.

even if Thad plays through his upside and his ceiling/roof against Patriots.

Thad is playing for the next years backup position since the time has passed to get a veteran to teach

So just to be clear...you are saying that you think a healthy EJ would have a better chance of winning tomorrow?

I think he is very close to proving otherwise. In fact, if a healthy EJ was to play tomorrow he quite possibly could have proved otherwise by the end of the first quarter.....game over!

You haven't made enough posts to have an informed opinion on a starting QB. Sorry, I had to say that. :nana:

You're lame. You have been awfully optimistic this season and where has that got you, huh? :D

Could we please get back on topic........am I the only one who thinks that regardless Thad is the better choice for tomorrow's game??

OK. Here is one fan's take on why Thad should start.

http://billsmafia.com/2013/12/28/thad-lewis-remains-best-option-beat-patriots/

Nice read. And I agree with much of it.

No. If the coach was so concerned about the injury, EJ would not even be listed as doubtful. He would be ruled out, period. His bottom line decision is 100% based on who will be the best player on the field. Why is this so hard for people to understand? Marone has even stated numerous times that is how he decides the starters. We are the ones who are over analyzing and over complicating his decision. It's really all about trying to get the win and you do that by putting the best player out there. He could also be going with the hot hand. Thad had a big win over Miami, but I don't want to get into this topic because it's just speculation.

You couldn't be more wrong. The Bills would not rule Manuel out if he had a chance of his status improving, fully practicing. Heck, even Rodgers was not ruled out each week until Thursday or so. Why is it so hard to understand that an injury does not rule you out until you practice and see how it responds? In the NFL, that happens on Thursdays and Fridays. It's really NOT complicated at all. Those such as yourself trying to see something that is not there are the ones complicating what is obviously an injury situation. TL was pretty mediocre in that "big win" over MIA,throwing for no TD's.Hot hand, right? It's difficult to see anything there that would lead Marrone to sit EJ Manuel for any reason other than injury. You absolutely are over complicating/ superanalyzing the fact that EJM's knee is still not where they want it. Therefore TL starts.