Lewis to start / Manuel out

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This doesn't sit well with me. Can the EJ era even get off the ground this season? I mean the guy plays so conservative when he's in there...and he's hurt for a large chunk of games. Now he will have Zero playing time vs. Miami, a hated division rival going into next season. Sad to say I don't think Thad makes the offense worse. We're back to the same team they had against Cincinnati in Week 6. Thad in, EJ and Stevie out.

Don't know if I'm too upset or not. Although I wanted to see how EJ would bounce back from a decent performance and see if he can be consistent, it's been tough to watch the offense operate with him at QB. So I don't know how to feel.

I think it's also good to see what we have in Thad as far as depth. I'll guarantee a couple things with Thad at the Ralph. There will be a handful of deep passes and he will fumble at least once.

OK...I'm officially 100% in on Drafting a QB in 2014 in the first few Rounds...

I like EJ a lot...I like his potential and he's going to be here for a while regardless...But 3 knee injuries in one season? If that's not a red flag I don't know what is...Better to plan for the worst and hope for the best... And I'm not comfortable with Lewis, Kolb, or Tuel as anything more than back-ups... B-)

Aaron Murray in the 2nd or 3rd perhaps?

I haven't looked too much at the depth of the upcoming QB class, but considering how many apparent hits were found in the 3rd round of 2012: Foles, Cousins, Wilson, it'd be nice if we found that kind of prospect.

I now feel like I have no hope for EJ going forward.

I understand they keep him out as a precaution and its bad luck and players get injured and bla bla bla but I mean come on this is his 3rd injury this season and that is not promising.

The Bills need to add a value QB to be a solid backup or maybe even a starter and that does not include Kolb

CBF

OK...I'm officially 100% in on Drafting a QB in 2014 in the first few Rounds...

I like EJ a lot...I like his potential and he's going to be here for a while regardless...But 3 knee injuries in one season? If that's not a red flag I don't know what is...Better to plan for the worst and hope for the best... And I'm not comfortable with Lewis, Kolb, or Tuel as anything more than back-ups... B-)

At the same time I'm trying to think of when a knee injury ever derailed a QB's career before. WRs, RBs, CBs, yeah. But a QB? I'm not too worried about it other than him not getting the playing time he needs. But if it continues into next year then there may be a problem.

Aaron Murray in the 2nd or 3rd perhaps?

I haven't looked too much at the depth of the upcoming QB class, but considering how many apparent hits were found in the 3rd round of 2012: Foles, Cousins, Wilson, it'd be nice if we found that kind of prospect.

I'm not a big Murray fan...He's on the short side, coming off an ACL that requires surgery, and does not have the escape skills of guys like Vick, Brees, Wilson, or Manziel... B-)

Personally I think Thad might give us a better chance at winning the game. And I would be on board with just sitting EJ the rest of the year. The football Gods hate us Bills fans and I can see The Patsies taking a shot at EJs knees, tearing one all to pieces, and not getting flagged for it.