Lewis to start / Manuel out

26CornerBlitz

@ChrisBrownBills

Doug Marrone said EJ Manuel sprained his knee in Sunday's game, but obviously finished and said he should be fine for Sunday's game. #Bills

@JoeBuscaglia

EJ Manuel participated on a limited basis. There is swelling on the knee and it hasn't responded well with treatment. He's out on Sunday

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big deal. Probably tweaked the knee from the previous injury. Sprains can nag all year, as they are rarely given enough time to actually heal. There aren't enough weeks in the season. Just enough to dull the pain and get back out there. Not a major thing IMO.

If he gonna get hurt every time he runs during these games I think he should learn how to stay in the pocket and throw the rock and stop getting hurt all the damn time. :wallbash:

I think he just needs a whole offseason for his knee to heal properly. You never are going to be 100% once the season starts.

Everybody is banged up this time of year....its no big deal

Surprised Marrone mentioned it at all if that's the case.

From Bills Daily:

Manuel Has Sprained Knee: Doug Marrone said on Monday that EJ Manuel suffered a minor left knee sprain in the win over Jacksonville on Sunday. He was able to finish the game and it isn't the same knee he hurt against Cleveland but it is the knee he had a procedure on in the preseason. He is expected to be ok for next week's game against Miami.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Big deal. Probably tweaked the knee from the previous injury. Sprains can nag all year, as they are rarely given enough time to actually heal. There aren't enough weeks in the season. Just enough to dull the pain and get back out there. Not a major thing IMO.

I spent 2 seasons in a row in highschool with a nagging hip pointer. Actually, since summer was basically: camp, it's more like 3. I should have just taken 2 weeks off and let it heal. Instead, I kept playing on it. Finally, I ripped it out completely, including bone flaking off, and then was forced to lose a month.

There's something to be said for being "tough" and "playing through injuries". There's also something else called: being an idiot. :bag:

If he's going to re-injure his knee he needs to sit down. It's simply not worth the risk, for him or the team.

I spent 2 seasons in a row in highschool with a nagging hip pointer. Actually, since summer was basically: camp, it's more like 3. I should have just taken 2 weeks off and let it heal. Instead, I kept playing on it. Finally, I ripped it out completely, including bone flaking off, and then was forced to lose a month.

There's something to be said for being "tough" and "playing through injuries". There's also something else called: being an idiot. :bag:

If he's going to re-injure his knee he needs to sit down. It's simply not worth the risk, for him or the team.

Out of curiosity, did your high school offer you professional treatment round the clock for injuries?

These guys get massages, strength train and have people and technology at their disposal to make healing and pain management much different then regular people.

Edited by Bangarang

I commented on this on another post... Spiller was one defender shy of taking it to the house yesterday, but got caught with a shoe-string tackle just as he was putting on the jets and it looked to me like he had hyper-extended his knee. The knee will be a bit weak, but it should be fine after a few days of rest and a bit of rehab. That kind of tweak for elbows and knees happens in just about every game.

CJ needs to start putting some baby oil on his cleats.

Is Peyton Manning therefore an "idiot" for playing through the high ankle sprain? A sprain usu lingers for a whole season as it isn't long enough to justify the healing time. That's football. An offseason is probably necessary to thoroughly heal, but you're not much more likely to get a more significant injury once you can play through it. If you're cleared to play you're OK.