For the record -- Manuel's rating today was 105.0

dave mcbride

Seriously, this lose out for better draft position thing is laughable. It's kitty BS. I wouldn't want to be part of any team that lost on purpose much less a fan of such a team. It's a loser mentality and B****made. Bunch of kittens who root to lose should go find another team to "root" for.

Jax is drafting 3rd right now; had we lost today we would be drafting 4th/5th at worst; we are now at #11. What does this win really do for us? I don't think we would have won if Shorts and MJD played. The way we finish the season doesn't dictate anything for next year.

I am not advocating that they should lose on purpose, but I would have been perfectly fine with a L today....Like it or not, our playoffs are in April....

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jax is drafting 3rd right now; had we lost today we would be drafting 4th/5th at worst; we are now at #11. What does this win really do for us? I don't think we would have won if Shorts and MJD played. The way we finish the season doesn't dictate anything for next year.

I am not advocating that they should lose on purpose, but I would have been perfectly fine with a L today....Like it or not, our playoffs are in April....

A win is a win and I like to win. I don't give a damn what a L does for us. Some are okay with loses I guess. Those that advocate an L are just finding moral victories through defeat. "It okay to lose because now we draft 4th instead of 7th!!! Yay!!" Eff that BS, save moral victories for little league.

Edited by Hazed and Amuzed

we are gonna be able to get a player that can help us at 11

What is really getting to me is that this is close to the same spot we always seem to pick at for the better part of a decade. Never any freakin progress. It is like "Groundhog Day'. I am sick of moral victories, we will coach so and so up (usually a second rate QB), and endless optimism. Either win or suck enough to get a high pick (and don't blow it). Damn it's maddening :wallbash::cry:

A win is a win and I like to win. I don't give a damn what a L does for us. Some are okay with loses I guess. Those that advocate an L are just finding moral victories through defeat. "It okay to lose because now we draft 4th instead of 7th!!! Yay!!" Eff that BS, save moral victories for little league.

I like to win too, but we don't. 6-10, 7-9 is not good enough and we blow it on so many levels. We suck at drafting players, and when we do get a decent one we let them leave. We let Levitre go with thoughts of using that money on Byrd - he will be gone in a few more weeks as well. We just create more holes for ourselves and can never get passed being a bad team. Fine don't like, SJ cut him; cut CJ; trade Lynch; JP is holding out again trade him...

Yeah the draft is a crap shoot, but a higher pick either allows you to choose a player with a higher upside, or trade it for more picks that we can use to fill our roster to win more. See St. Louis with the 'Skins; they could get the 1st damn pick in the draft.

I want to win but 6-10 & 7-9 is not good enough

What is really getting to me is that this is close to the same spot we always seem to pick at for the better part of a decade. Never any freakin progress. It is like "Groundhog Day'. I am sick of moral victories, we will coach so and so up (usually a second rate QB), and endless optimism. Either win or suck enough to get a high pick (and don't blow it). Damn it's maddening :wallbash::cry:

I like to win too, but we don't. 6-10, 7-9 is not good enough and we blow it on so many levels. We suck at drafting players, and when we do get a decent one we let them leave. We let Levitre go with thoughts of using that money on Byrd - he will be gone in a few more weeks as well. We just create more holes for ourselves and can never get passed being a bad team. Fine don't like, SJ cut him; cut CJ; trade Lynch; JP is holding out again trade him...

Yeah the draft is a crap shoot, but a higher pick either allows you to choose a player with a higher upside, or trade it for more picks that we can use to fill our roster to win more. See St. Louis with the 'Skins; they could get the 1st damn pick in the draft.

I want to win but 6-10 & 7-9 is not good enough

Last year we picked 8th, traded it away and got our best pick and possibly one of the steals of the draft in the second round. Are you telling me if we would have picked 7th instead not only would we have better picks but it would have been worth it to endure another loss or two?

Today concerned me. Yeah, he's a rookie and yeah he rebounded to have a decent game overall, but what with his accuracy?? He was way off on EASY throws.

It may limit his ceiling short of where we need it to be. You can justify his game any way you want, but I can't remember the last time I saw a great QB early in his career and said "good gawd".

Last year we picked 8th, traded it away and got our best pick and possibly one of the steals of the draft in the second round. Are you telling me if we would have picked 7th instead not only would we have better picks but it would have been worth it to endure another loss or two?

What I am is saying is that what did this win really do for us as fans or even for the team (and we did get a bit lucky today, we tried to give the game away; but Jax (Henne) sucks worse than us). A loss today moves us up not 1 spot, but 7 into the top 4 of the draft. The skins trading up to get RG3 gave up 3 first rounders. I want us to be able to get the best players we can, moving up 7 spots into the top 4 gives us more choices whether a chance to trade the pick or have our picks of players and not having a team before us snag someone. We aren't in the playoffs and honestly progress in terms of a win should have been last week after getting bumped out by the Falcons. That same mental weakness is still there Today's win doesn't do much for this team...

Woods is going to be a great player, he was the most polished WR in the draft and I love Kiko. Honestly I wouldn't have drafted a QB last year in round 1 and possibly not even last draft. It was not a good class....

Edited by reed83 4th Rounder

There are a couple of guys who post on here who have so much man love for EJ, it really makes me wonder WTF?

They're hopeful, long-suffering fans with a touch of forced optimism that they likely won't admit.

While EJ had a good game after the 1st quarter, I guess, his main issue is still glaring. He's not accurate enough. There's times where he gets happy feet and loses pocket presence, I think that will gradually be fixed. But, I'm not confident he'll ever be a good enough passer.

I wouldn't want to be part of any team that lost on purpose much less a fan of such a team.

No NFL team will purposely lose. They may rest a player or two that they wouldn't if they were in contention, but that's the limit. I realize coaches, players, staffs have to win to keep their lucrative jobs and owners need to keep fans happy and put butts in seats.

There's fans that want to win every game, and that's cool. I want to win a championship, or at least realistically be in the chase for one again before I die. Higher draft position may not always work out, but I'll take that tangible asset over whatever this win over Jacksonville is supposed to mean, which I don't care about already. I think mocking people like myself who think like this is bollocks, but whatever.

Edited by Leelee Phoenix

What we saw today was a horrid q1, and for the rest of the game we saw the guy we drafted combined with what a real nfl wide receiver can do for your passing game. Woods was flat out awesome.

Deep ball to marquise was on the money. Chandler was hit on some sweet tosses.

EJ has some nice touch to the sidelines. That deep out to woods is unstoppable.

EJ has some nice touch to the sidelines. That deep out to woods is unstoppable.

His passes to the sidelines have been horrendous all season. He reminds me of Fitz with a stronger arm...I hope for the best, but I am concerned that he was yet another wasted pick...

Seriously, this lose out for better draft position thing is laughable. It's kitty BS. I wouldn't want to be part of any team that lost on purpose much less a fan of such a team. It's a loser mentality and B****made. Bunch of kittens who root to lose should go find another team to "root" for.

The main reason that the league has stacked so many divisional games late in the season, with division rivals playing each other as close as two weeks apart, is to try to ensure that the late regular season doesn't become meaningless. Apparently, the league doesn't consider it laughable.

EJ had a nice game today. He started bad, but snapped out of it. Of course him getting better protection after the 1st helped too. That's I what I learned about him today. If he has time, he can be good. If not, not so much. I think he can improve on that.

Leading the boys down for a TD when it was tied 20-20 in the 4th was nice. I think as he improves he will be a valuable clutch QB. He seems to play well with the game on the line. I've seen it in several games this year.

Woods had a nice game. Good to see he and EJ working well together. I saw someone post on here EJ got lucky because Woods caught those passes. LOL. That's what a real NFL WR does. I've also seen complaints on accuracy. He only had 7 footballs hit the ground in the whole game.

Good game EJ. Now let's see what you can do vs Miami! Thaddeus got a us win there ...

EJ had a nice game today. He started bad, but snapped out of it. Of course him getting better protection after the 1st helped too. That's I what I learned about him today. If he has time, he can be good. If not, not so much. I think he can improve on that.

Leading the boys down for a TD when it was tied 20-20 in the 4th was nice. I think as he improves he will be a valuable clutch QB. He seems to play well with the game on the line. I've seen it in several games this year.

Woods had a nice game. Good to see he and EJ working well together. I saw someone post on here EJ got lucky because Woods caught those passes. LOL. That's what a real NFL WR does. I've also seen complaints on accuracy. He only had 7 footballs hit the ground in the whole game.

Good game EJ. Now let's see what you can do vs Miami! Thaddeus got a us win there ...

Spot on. One area of weakness in EJ's game that the facts support is his 3rd down conversion percentage... it is pretty low. As the offense of the Bills often find themselves in 3rd and LONG it is also quite common for teams to send an extra man as we saw when the Jags brought Mikell on a corner blitz hitting EJ from behind forcing the fumble.

Recognizing when teams are likely to send the extra man, being able to recognize where the blitz is coming from, and to make teams pay for it, is all part of the learning curve and a coaching challenge for the Bills.

You mean how he didn't set them properly and threw off balance?

Haha...he seriously has some work to do on his footwork. Hopefully, the Bills bring in a competent QB coach to polish his mechanics.

I did enjoy seeing EJ take off a few times though, and that running TD play was drawn up to perfection IMO.

What I am is saying is that what did this win really do for us as fans or even for the team (and we did get a bit lucky today, we tried to give the game away; but Jax (Henne) sucks worse than us). A loss today moves us up not 1 spot, but 7 into the top 4 of the draft. The skins trading up to get RG3 gave up 3 first rounders. I want us to be able to get the best players we can, moving up 7 spots into the top 4 gives us more choices whether a chance to trade the pick or have our picks of players and not having a team before us snag someone. We aren't in the playoffs and honestly progress in terms of a win should have been last week after getting bumped out by the Falcons. That same mental weakness is still there Today's win doesn't do much for this team...

Woods is going to be a great player, he was the most polished WR in the draft and I love Kiko. Honestly I wouldn't have drafted a QB last year in round 1 and possibly not even last draft. It was not a good class....

Drafting 3rd as opposed to 11th really only matters slightly unless you're aiming to draft a qb. The Bills won't be drafting a qb next year, so the difference is really whether you're drafting marcel dareus or sheldon richardson. I don't see any difference between the two.

Drafting 3rd as opposed to 11th really only matters slightly unless you're aiming to draft a qb. The Bills won't be drafting a qb next year, so the difference is really whether you're drafting marcel dareus or sheldon richardson. I don't see any difference between the two.

The whole premise of losing games for draft picks is just so unbelievably dumb. The fans who talk about it sound as if the coaches and players would be in on losing games as a strategy to be able to be in a better position to draft that one special player who would bring the Buffalo Bills a Superbowl Championship...LOL How unbelievably stupid does that sound!

These "fans" don't understand that these professional players and coaches on the Bills DO NOT CARE about where they will be picking in the 2014 draft.

The whole premise of losing games for draft picks is just so unbelievably dumb. The fans who talk about it sound as if the coaches and players would be in on losing games as a strategy to be able to be in a better position to draft that one special player who would bring the Buffalo Bills a Superbowl Championship...LOL How unbelievably stupid does that sound!

These "fans" don't understand that these professional players and coaches on the Bills DO NOT CARE about where they will be picking in the 2014 draft.

Yeah, it is crazy. I'd love a fan to go into the Bills' lockerroom and tell them the W was meaningless because it hurts their draft position. It's pretty much impossible to tank in the NFL. The second you aren't playing hard on a football field, you might be leaving on a stretcher or play yourself out of the league.

I've been saying for years that I'd love to see a lottery for draft order. Teams shouldn't get penalitized for playing hard and winning games.

His passes to the sidelines have been horrendous all season. He reminds me of Fitz with a stronger arm...I hope for the best, but I am concerned that he was yet another wasted pick...

That's great news as most of the board said if Fitz just had a stronger arm he would have been the franchise QB we were looking for.

Kids got a great arm and can hit all the throws. Great showing by the rookie.