RG III benched

papazoid

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shanahan raised the possibility Monday of benching Griffin for the last three games, citing 24 sacks in the past five games and the desire to keep him healthy for the offseason.
Keep him healthy for the offseason? That may be the strangest statement ever attributed to a HC.

Keep him healthy for the offseason? That may be the strangest statement ever attributed to a HC.

I think he's attributing RG III's issues this year to the lack of practice after his knee injury last year and since they're out of the playoffs he'd rather not get him hurt. Odd sentiment for sure. Certainly is a "fire me if you disagree" statement.

When we traded up to get Graham, I thought for sure we'd take Wilson. Welp.

When we didn't take Wilson, I thought for sure we'd get Cousins in the fourth, but we didn't..

I think missing out on Cousins was the regret of that draft for OBD, not missing Wilson. There's no way they expected Was to take him.

I'll always cheer for Wilson because he seems like a great guy and he is a fun player to watch... the whole run/option thing is over in the NFL, but he can still make a lot of plays

As far as Shanahan, I will just smile. The guy could have come here and been treated like a GOD. Instead, he'll go out in an ugly and protracted way in Washington, but at least it doesn't get cold in DC.