RG III benched

papazoid

what did washington really give up ?

this years #2 overall draft choice will cost $5.5/yr for 4 years....all guaranteed.

the redskins can go out and sign a Free Agent for $5.5/yr for 4 years or any other amount they choose. they didn't loose the cap space. just the right to take a gamble on an expensive rookie.

manny lawson $3.1 mil/yr

jerry hughes $1.1 mil/yr

Edited by papazoid

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what did washington really give up ?

this years #2 overall draft choice will cost $5.5/yr for 4 years....all guaranteed.

the redskins can go out and sign a Free Agent for $5.5/yr for 4 years or any other amount they choose. they didn't loose the cap space. just the right to take a gamble on an expensive rookie.

manny lawson $3.1 mil/yr

jerry hughes $1.1 mil/yr

FWIW, four premium picks:

"Redskins acquired the pick by giving the Rams four high-value draft picks over three years: their No. 6 overall pick in 2012, their second-round pick in 2012, and their first-round picks in 2013 and 2014."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_griffin_III#2012_NFL_Draft

FWIW, four premium picks:

"Redskins acquired the pick by giving the Rams four high-value draft picks over three years: their No. 6 overall pick in 2012, their second-round pick in 2012, and their first-round picks in 2013 and 2014."

http://en.wikipedia....#2012_NFL_Draft

and my point is......they still have those cap dollars to sign free agents....on each and every one of the draft picks they gave up.

instead of spending $5 mil on an uncertain draft pick.....they can spend $5 mil on a proven free agent

and my point is......they still have those cap dollars to sign free agents....on each and every one of the draft picks they gave up.

instead of spending $5 mil on an uncertain draft pick.....they can spend $5 mil on a proven free agent

The difference is what you get for that money. Presumably they could get a top flight Tackle, QB or WR for that money. On the free agent market it will get you a middle of the road type player who they'd have to overpay to make them choose the Redskins.

The draft is the foundation of a team, you can't replace that with the FA market. Good teams guild through the draft and supplement through FA. Washington has tried the FA way for years with no success.

This is precisely the thinking that makes the Redskins the Redskins.

I wish the Bills made the playoffs as often as the Skins.

Or won as many championships.

I know it makes Bills fans feel better to pick on other teams that they think are worse or at least as dysfunctional. Washington is a strange choice though. Need to stick to Cleveland or Jacksonville.

Or won as many championships.

I know it makes Bills fans feel better to pick on other teams that they think are worse or at least as dysfunctional. Washington is a strange choice though. Need to stick to Cleveland or Jacksonville.

I don't feel better to pick on anybody, because I don't pick on anybody. I merely, obectively, pointed out when the trade happened, that it had maybe a 5% chance of being worthwhile. This is due to the draft value lost = the 5 year contracted first round pick who plays over his paychek for that entire time...and how many of them, for RG3. RG3 would have to be worth 4 of them. Thus, 5% chance. Simple. Period.

Then, I came back here and said: "I told you so".

How about this? I feel better when I expose, yet again, another Big Market marketing scam...and I am proven right.

You are confused. We've been getting picked on for years...by guys like Dan Snyder, look at all the NFL rulings that have come down that are against the Bills. Who was most against us playing games in Toronto? Snyder and Jerry Jones. Look how the media has treated us. Look how the media treats the big market QBs...look how they treat EJ.

But whatever, a new choice confronts you = If Dallas trades the house in order to move up and take Manziel(or insert hyped QB here), you can:

1. jump on the ESPN Big Market band wagon, buy all the hype at 20% over retail, eat all their crap, and wash it down with their kool aid.

2. recognize that trade as pure idiocy....especially on a team that started 33 different players in the front 7 on D this year, and is perhaps the worst D in the league.

Which....is exactly where the Redskins were when they made the RG3 trade.

So, what's it gonna be?

Edited by OCinBuffalo