Stevie Alligator Arms

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stevie short arming that ball that was picked said it all. He's not gonna let some inaccurate rookie QB put him in the hospital in a meaningless game this close to the offseason vacation time. Just mail it in Stevie. You did the damage last week. Let someone else play.

Stevie short arming that ball that was picked said it all. He's not gonna let some inaccurate rookie QB put him in the hospital in a meaningless game this close to the offseason vacation time. Just mail it in Stevie. You did the damage last week. Let someone else play.

Doesn't help when EJ has almost gotten woods killed two weeks in a row.

That play seemed odd, first I've never seen Stevie do that before. It almost looked as if he was trying to pop the ball up in the air like a volleyball set. I think his leash is shorter than anyone realizes. Hackett looked none to pleased with his effort on that play. Then his post game presser sealed it for me when he said it was early in the game & really didn't matter. SMH!

That play seemed odd, first I've never seen Stevie do that before. It almost looked as if he was trying to pop the ball up in the air like a volleyball set. I think his leash is shorter than anyone realizes. Hackett looked none to pleased with his effort on that play. Then his post game presser sealed it for me when he said it was early in the game & really didn't matter. SMH!

Wait wait wait...Stevie said something to justify one of his blunders instead of just owning it??

Weird.

Then his post game presser sealed it for me when he said it was early in the game & really didn't matter. SMH!

ugh. didnt see the presser, so ill reserve judgement a bit - the frustrating bit being that it wouldnt surprise me if he tried to play it off.

1) Buddy Nix: "We want to see Stevie Johnson in the slot"

2) Non-tender David Nelson to open up that spot for Stevie

3) Turns out Stevie doesn't appreciate taking hits over the middle. Who would have ever thought that an outside receiver who has signed a big contract doesn't want to do what it takes to play his best in the physically demanding slot position?

That's just typical Buffalo Bills

I am not for getting rid of Stevie. He has has clear cut limitations but he is 5x the football player that TJ Graham is.

ugh. didnt see the presser, so ill reserve judgement a bit - the frustrating bit being that it wouldnt surprise me if he tried to play it off.

He said he wasn't going to comment on it, and it was early in the game anyway so "that don't really matter."

Next time he catches a first-quarter TD I want someone to tell him "that don't really matter."

Did you happen to hear Chris Brown on the John Murphy show this morning? I know, he is, essentially, a Bills PR guy, but occaisioanlly he offers the "inside skinny" without calling it by name. Today, he was giving a strong indication that there will be a "major roster move" over the last 3 weeks of the season...he seems to think that somebody will be an "ex-Bill" very shortly. From the way he was saying it, it wasn't going to be a benching, but a cutting...don't remember his exact words, though the did say "Whaley and Marrone have indicated they will not settle for "staus quo"....winds of change are blowing at 1 Bills Drive". Most obvious thought is Stevie....

Did you happen to hear Chris Brown on the John Murphy show this morning? I know, he is, essentially, a Bills PR guy, but occaisioanlly he offers the "inside skinny" without calling it by name. Today, he was giving a strong indication that there will be a "major roster move" over the last 3 weeks of the season...he seems to think that somebody will be an "ex-Bill" very shortly. From the way he was saying it, it wasn't going to be a benching, but a cutting...don't remember his exact words, though the did say "Whaley and Marrone have indicated they will not settle for "staus quo"....winds of change are blowing at 1 Bills Drive". Most obvious thought is Stevie....

or CJ

or Gilmore

Today, he was giving a strong indication that there will be a "major roster move" over the last 3 weeks of the season...he seems to think that somebody will be an "ex-Bill" very shortly. From the way he was saying it, it wasn't going to be a benching, but a cutting...

I think they need to send a message to Tashard Choice by cutting Stevie.

or CJ

or Gilmore

Assuming a 'big' roster move will be made before the season is done, I doubt it with be CJ or Gilmore. Whether I agree or not with either, I think it won't happen cos

CJ = trade bait and will fetch something meaningful in the off-season so no point cutting him outright

Gilmore = Too early to cut him. He too may have some trade value

Of the others suggested in this thread,

FJax= no way. He is a leader as well as a hard worker. Draft his replacement and keep him till his performance falls off which doesnt look to be now

Stevie = most likely choice. But then again, I may be biased.

Assuming a 'big' roster move will be made before the season is done, I doubt it with be CJ or Gilmore. Whether I agree or not with either, I think it won't happen cos

CJ = trade bait and will fetch something meaningful in the off-season so no point cutting him outright

Gilmore = Too early to cut him. He too may have some trade value

Of the others suggested in this thread,

FJax= no way. He is a leader as well as a hard worker. Draft his replacement and keep him till his performance falls off which doesnt look to be now

Stevie = most likely choice. But then again, I may be biased.

Assuming it is (if it's a blockbuster cutting he seems like the most likely candidate at this point...although I'll throw Mario in as well), shall we brace for Lee Evans-like fallout? Remember how inept we were for showing that bum the door?

Will Stevie fizzle as quickly as Lee did?