Inexcusable loss

Big Turk

I'm with you.

EJ was in the process of leading the team to victory, then SJ blew the game plain and simple.

Carpenter would have hit the FG without a doubt.

For real - EJ put us in a spot to potentially win the game TWICE! I mean, I get it we lost, but holy cow people are acting as if EJ threw the game away, which just ain't the case...

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm disappointed, I thought today they would step up, win the game and develop a winning streak that could possibly lead to great things. We are our worst enemy.

EJ played well at times, badly at others, he didn't turn the ball over and made some plays to maybe win the game. I hate the all out shotgun offense, he plants and throws but he's not the most accurate passer in that setup. Where was the offense we saw against the Jets, with him under center and taking advantage of PA, today we had the running game going to, maybe, be even more effective with it.

I'm disappointed, I thought today they would step up, win the game and develop a winning streak that could possibly lead to great things. We are our worst enemy.

EJ played well at times, badly at others, he didn't turn the ball over and made some plays to maybe win the game. I hate the all out shotgun offense, he plants and throws but he's not the most accurate passer in that setup. Where was the offense we saw against the Jets, with him under center and taking advantage of PA, today we had the running game going to, maybe, be even more effective with it.

For REAL can we not go shotgun every play? Kirwin has been talking about this for weeks on Sirius, I mean, it can't hurt to try something else, can it? That's the type of thing that makes me crazy with this team...

This is what I was saying all game. Put the damn guy under center. His biggest flaw is his footwork and it's much easier to keep form when the QB's under center. He looked MUCH better against the Jets when he was under center for most of the game. Why the hell they have him in the shotgun on a permanent basis I'll never know. I f'in hate it too.

Edited by MDH

People are complaining when The offense put 31 points on the board. EJ was plenty accurate on the 4th quarter and OT passes to Stevie and Chandler with the game on the line and right there for the taking. Yesterday's sad and tragic loss cannot be pinned on the Bills' rookie QB. Please look elsewhere.

In the future if they lost the Super Bowl that way , it would permanently devastate the fans. :( I still look forward to next season, get experience to depth players the rest of this season. With our good draft position, a team needing a QB will try to trade up.

People are complaining when The offense put 31 points on the board. EJ was plenty accurate on the 4th quarter and OT passes to Stevie and Chandler with the game on the line and right there for the taking. Yesterday's sad and tragic loss cannot be pinned on the Bills' rookie QB. Please look elsewhere.

Doesn't mean that we can't criticize the team objectively, I think Manuel could have been a lot better yesterday if given the chance, I think that offense limits what he can do positively on a football field. Yesterday, instead of 31 points I believed we could have scored a lot more

Dont blame the offense. 31 points should be enough to win any game.

We're still a year out from being playoff worthy anyway, so a loss means better draft spot.

This was the first game we've played at full strength w regard to injuries. Man coverage on their talented receivers was rough, and we got gouged by a few big runs from big Steven Jackson.

Byrd and Gilmore looked slow and outmatched. Robey grabbing the collar and pulling down their receiver was not smart.

Finally someone overthrew Goodwin.

Branch was a force. V impressed.

EJ did enough to win the game, that was good to see.

Exciting close game, the Bills/Pitt game was our only bad game of the season despite heavy injuries and inexperienced qb's.

I'm convinced we will take 2 offensive linemen in the first three picks in March. LG and RT.

Im not as bummed as everyone else. We have a fun team and the rest of the games will be entertaining.

This was an excellent game played by the Buffalo Bills. How many of you had this marked as a loss before the season? Of course it's heartbreaking, but good lord, cursed - same old Bills - etc, stop. There was plenty to be proud about after this game. Anyone should see we are going to be a very good team, most likely even next year. The talent level on this team is crazy.

Clearly there was some things that didn't go well when you give up 31 points, but to indict a team, franchise, city, history because two goof balls dropped a pass is going overboard imo. If one of those gets caught we're dancing in the streets (proverbial). I can't wait to see this team next year with a bit more maturity in our young players and if we plug a couple more holes, holy crap it's going to be on.

This was an excellent game played by the Buffalo Bills. How many of you had this marked as a loss before the season? Of course it's heartbreaking, but good lord, cursed - same old Bills - etc, stop. There was plenty to be proud about after this game. Anyone should see we are going to be a very good team, most likely even next year. The talent level on this team is crazy.

Clearly there was some things that didn't go well when you give up 31 points, but to indict a team, franchise, city, history because two goof balls dropped a pass is going overboard imo. If one of those gets caught we're dancing in the streets (proverbial). I can't wait to see this team next year with a bit more maturity in our young players and if we plug a couple more holes, holy crap it's going to be on.

Are you crazy? Excellent game played? They went up by two scores early and the defense let Atlanta right back in the game. They could have won the game at the end of regulation and in overtime, but they fumbled away any chance for a win. Excellent game played? Not by a longshot. It was the same Bills team making the same stupid mistakes that we have been watching for years. I see no reason to be optimistic. This team has given me no reason to feel that way. They are still losing games that they should win in the same way that they have been for years. I can not share your optimism until they start winning games that they should win instead of finding ways to lose them.

This was an excellent game played by the Buffalo Bills. .

You cannot be serious? Usually if the game is close at the end I proclaim to my family that this is where the Bills lose the game. But Atlanta is so bad this year, and played so badly yesterday that at the start of the Bills drive at the end of regulation I proclaimed that this is where the Bills were going to move down the field and win the game ... and then there was SJ13.

There were bright spots. Spiller had a couple very nice runs (surprised he was caught on his very long run), and I thought Manuel had a passable day as examples. But Atlanta this year is nothing, played like nothing, and still walked out of freaking Toronto with the W.

Any decent team beats Atlanta by 20 yesterday. There was nothing "excellent" about that game.

I admire your optimism.

We had the game in hand at both the end of regulation and in overtime, how can that equate to we didn't play an excellent game? Because we gave up a lot of points? So did they and so do a lot of defenses and very good defenses too. Here's what's really dumbfounding; saying it's the same Bills team making the same Bills mistakes for years. That's patently not true, not even by opinion. It's not the same team so nothing can be attached to them besides what this team has done this year with this coaching staff. I'm of the opinion it's growing into an excellent team. What the hell does this team have to do with Jauron's team or even Chan's for that matter? Oh I see it's the curse argument. Boring.

To say there was nothing excellent about that game is just wrong. There's too many to list. We lost a game in overtime that seemingly was ours to win, it stings, I get it. Atlanta is nothing?

It's not optimism, this team is so much better than what we've seen in many years. IMO the upside is measurably greater as well. The wins will come. They are growing. If the front office performs this coming off season like they did this past one, watch out, this team will be something special.

Edited by Triple Threat

I only wish that I had been better prepared for this as a Bills fan. If only the past 13 seasons of continually being kicked in the nuts by this franchise had allowed me to see this coming...

Sad, but true. It makes me angry that I am so sick over this, when it should be expected by now. Same old thing for the last 13 years.