This team makes me sick

billsfan_34

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 100% with you JR. This one was tough. I think that someone summed it up well earlier in the thread. With everything to play for they folded.

I think that's it. I think we are all used to the improbable ways that the bills lose games. But the fact that so much was riding on this one and how close we were really stings.

My favorite thing to do in life is to jab sewing needles under my fingernails...not sure why, it's just fun. My second favorite thing to do is to walk on shards of glass in my bare feet...what a high! My third favorite thing is being a Bills fan. The ending to yesterdays game was so exhilarating! I just don't understand why everybody in Bills nation is so upset!

Still feeling sick to my stomach over this loss. Not sure why this one is so hard to shake.

I know, I have tried soooooo damn hard to not let these losses ruin me like they used to and as hard as I try, a devastating loss like this one just puts me into that "WHYYYYYYY US" mindframe again. I think the hardest part about this loss is that they are so close to having a great season but they STILL mange to choke it away at the MOST inopportune moments. They need to learn how to win and until they do, it's groundhogs day. All i can do from losing my mind is tell myself that this loss will get us that receiver or TE or LB that may not have been their during the draft (yes, that's a stretch but it's all I got.)

the bills are moving to Toronto this game makes it final....you may not want to believe it but it will happen...all this crap about teams in other countries like great Brittan is just a decoy....the bills will be in Toronto sooner than you think...if the NFL can get the money from Toronto fans they will that's why the bills play there every year...money! that is not a home game for the buffalo bills it is a future home game for the Toronto bills! and i want to be done watching any NFL games or spending my money on NFL stuff....I bought a lot of bills crap this year....and now I wish i had not done that....sorry gang....but after all this time I really might be finished...at the very least i am close to the end unless something changes...

How does this game make it final? If anything it proved it won't work. They have yet to sell out any of the games. The crowd isn't in favor for the bills. Nobody in buffalo and very very few people in Toronto want the bills there. If they were to move they would lose most of their fans from buffalo and the area. Moving the team to Toronto would be the biggest mistake in sports.

Still feeling sick to my stomach over this loss. Not sure why this one is so hard to shake.

Yeah, I haven't gotten that angry watching the Bills in years. In the past few seasons I've watched them implode with a passive calm because I had no illusions about them turning things around. Yesterday with everything breaking the Bills way in terms of other teams losing and them coming upon an easier (note, I didn't say easy) stretch of their schedule I was hoping for something more than the same old crap we've seen for a decade. I'm still shaking my head at the inane ways they come up with to lose games. It's getting tiresome.

It's the curse of Daryle Lamonica - I tell you ever since we traded him (in 1967!), we have sh$t the bed at every conceivable opportunity.

The Falcons game is just another in a long line of bitter, heart-wrenching disappointments.

I can laugh when it happens now, but it took years of therapy to get to this point :wallbash:

all the games fell our way, we just needed to win. but in typical Bills fashion, the comedy of errors happens. a fatal combination of bad calls, bad plays (weak fumbles), bad coaching and (since at least 1996) ineffective QB play.

its so hard to be a fan of this team.

no doubt yesterday another maddening disappointing result to add to a long, long list of many before it. Having said that I am convinced this a much different team , coaching staff , this season has seen much improvement in many area's , the defense, at very worse average to good and with this years experience and a addition or two next season they very well be very good. The wins were not there this season, but they competed every game, were in almost all of them, so many disappointingly so close , they easily could have had five more wins a be a playoff team. Call me nuts, crazy deluded , whatever, but I think this team has turned the corner and next season this team going to cause a great deal of excitement around here. ( will look for this post same time next year and be held accountable ) This not a bad team, they a not great , but decent team that got some bad results. These not the same old Bills , they getting better. Fumbles just can't happen and the referee calls one just has to wonder about .

Yeah, I haven't gotten that angry watching the Bills in years. In the past few seasons I've watched them implode with a passive calm because I had no illusions about them turning things around. Yesterday with everything breaking the Bills way in terms of other teams losing and them coming upon an easier (note, I didn't say easy) stretch of their schedule I was hoping for something more than the same old crap we've seen for a decade. I'm still shaking my head at the inane ways they come up with to lose games. It's getting tiresome.

Precisely. I let myself become emotionally invested in the game. I should have never let my guard down.

Because it is one they should have won. As bad as Atlanta is this season, even the talking heads thought so for a change.

Your expectations, along with those of most of the Bills nation, were higher than normal which makes the loss that much more difficult.

Still bitter about this one today. Just brutal the way it unfolded. I'm going to the carribean in a few days with the wife and yesterday's game still has me in a foul mood! That's so sick but its true. I'm sure once I'm on the beach with a cold one, I won't be thinking about it anymore but come Sunday afternoon ill probably be watching on the ipad. I really would just like some meaningfull december games for once. I guess I always take it hard when there's that final loss that is the nail in the coffin. Sigh, another long offseason ahead.

Santa, can you please bring me a professional football team for Christmas that I can be proud to wear their t-shirts, and watch on sunday.

Santa, can you please bring me a professional football team for Christmas that I can be proud to wear their t-shirts, and watch on sunday.