Why isn't anyone talking about Stevie?

Alphadawg7

What Stevie said is not my opinion.

It is a matter of fact.

I guess you'd take it as "a matter of fact" if Stevie said he was the king of England too. Ohhhh yeah. How could I forget. Remember the time Stevie tried to get someone to bomb Foxborough? I'm surprised he's not at GITMO right now. It's a good thing for him the feds don't take his comments as seriously as you.

A word of advice. If you ever receive an email telling you that your son is overseas and needs money fast, and you don't even have a son, please don't send money. You're welcome.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you'd take it as "a matter of fact" if Stevie said he was the king of England too. Ohhhh yeah. How could I forget. Remember the time Stevie tried to get someone to bomb Foxborough? I'm surprised he's not at GITMO right now. It's a good thing for him the feds don't take his comments as seriously as you.

A word of advice. If you ever receive an email telling you that your son is overseas and needs money fast, and you don't even have a son, please don't send money. You're welcome.

What if Stevie is the sender?

What Stevie said is not my opinion.

It is a matter of fact.

Your assertion that he complied with the teams training program last offseason is a fact free opinion. He didn't say he did. He said he was intending to.

Like I said, these would be good questions for Stevie to be asked:

Did you follow the Bills prescribed offseason training program this past offseason?

Have you in the past?

Do you feel that your recurring groin and hamstring injuries could be eliminated with changes in your training?

I think the main reason these questions haven't been asked is that the media doesn't believe Stevie's presence is the difference between winning and losing games.

If this were the teams QB limping around and not finishing games numerous times over a 3 year period then those questions would have been asked.

When a team is winning, media and fans sweat the details. When they are not, all of the focus goes on broader concerns like management and the QB.

your opinion is absolutely incorrect. Stevie saying he doesn't work out in the offseason is completely different from being a hard worker. And it's not even remotely close to saying that because doesn't "work out" in the offseason that he's out of shape or more injury prone. As SJBF has said, and ITS A FACT!!! Is that Stevie, through the first 3 years of starting has been a successful WR. With over 1,000 yards gained in 3 consecutive seasons (a milestone that no other Bills WR has ever accomplished. Not Reed, not Moulds, not Lofton) and has done so playing through every single game in those 3 years. He has NEVER missed a game.

Regardless of the fact that it's the "offseason" an players are not required to work out. It doesn't mean that because he's not working out he's automatically out of shape.

If your in the NFL your in shape (expect a few guys in the past like Jamarcus Russell, etc... And their careers have shown that over time.

You are misinformed about Stevie's habits and you know no more than anyone else here for fact. What your opinion is, is all speculation because of an interview that you once heard on the Rome show. Which you have no idea about if Stevie was being serious or joking around.

Keep thinking what you want. Keep hating in Stevie. He's a good WR and one of the better ones in the NFL.

It's a shame that so many people here hate on Stevie. He's been one of the better players we've had since not making the playoffs and he is a good guy. Good to the team. Good to the fans. Entertaining. Fun to follow. And loves the city of Buffalo. Let's all call him garbage and run him out of town. Great idea. Get a grip people, you act like Stevie stole your wife in a bar once.

Edited by mrags

your opinion is absolutely incorrect. Stevie saying he doesn't work out in the offseason is completely different from being a hard worker. And it's not even remotely close to saying that because doesn't "work out" in the offseason that he's out of shape or more injury prone. As SJBF has said, and ITS A FACT!!! Is that Stevie, through the first 3 years of starting has been a successful WR. With over 1,000 yards gained in 3 consecutive seasons (a milestone that no other Bills WR has ever accomplished. Not Reed, not Moulds, not Lofton) and has done so playing through every single game in those 3 years. He has NEVER missed a game.

Regardless of the fact that it's the "offseason" an players are not required to work out. It doesn't mean that because he's not working out he's automatically out of shape.

If your in the NFL your in shape (expect a few guys in the past like Jamarcus Russell, etc... And their careers have shown that over time.

You are misinformed about Stevie's habits and you know no more than anyone else here for fact. What your opinion is, is all speculation because of an interview that you once heard on the Rome show. Which you have no idea about if Stevie was being serious or joking around.

Keep thinking what you want. Keep hating in Stevie. He's a good WR and one of the better ones in the NFL.

It's a shame that so many people here hate on Stevie. He's been one of the better players we've had since not making the playoffs and he is a good guy. Good to the team. Good to the fans. Entertaining. Fun to follow. And loves the city of Buffalo. Let's all call him garbage and run him out of town. Great idea. Get a grip people, you act like Stevie stole your wife in a bar once.

It's the typical TSW cycle of running any good player out of town as soon as we have others capable of producing at the position (instead of, you know, wanting them all to stay around so that we finally have a solid team with depth). Soon we'll move onto "Stevie doesn't want to be here" and the rest of the routine.

It's almost fun to watch...almost.

It's the typical TSW cycle of running any good player out of town as soon as we have others capable of producing at the position (instead of, you know, wanting them all to stay around so that we finally have a solid team with depth). Soon we'll move onto "Stevie doesn't want to be here" and the rest of the routine.

It's almost fun to watch...almost.

this----^

I'd also like to add that because of what you just said, it's only a matter of time before the hate on Stevie trickles down and he actually doesn't want to be here anymore.

Would you want to be in a place where everyone talked about you?

Edited by mrags

Like I said, if this were a winning team or Stevie was the quarterback the media would have addressed the matter with Stevie. If your QB is repeatedly checking out of games at halftime because of groin and hamstring injuries over the course of 3 years people are asking questions about conditioning? No question.

But they don't ask because they obviously don't think he is that important of a player for this team right now.

This runs contrary to the opinion of his apologists who think he is a great player. I think he is a very good player who plateaued at age 24 due to preventable nagging injuries..... but I will admit that I also haven't really cared about whether he was playing or not this year either.

At some point you tire of the player on a perenially losing team writhing in agony between every play as if to create a built in excuse for failure or make modest success seem heroic.

I fully expect him to come back and have 2-3 more big games and he should at least finish with 800-900 yards with 3 dome/warm weather games in a row on the schedule.

Now that this team has a better than average overall roster I think we are seeing less tolerance for Stevie's soccer-player like writhing.

I think Marrone has pretty much established that Stevie isn't going to just practice when he feels like it and expect to be featured on gameday. That is a good thing for us and for Stevie. I suspect next year that Stevie's nagging groin and hamstring injuries will disappear now that he isn't the only option in the passing game for a bad team that had to cater to him.

I think your opinion of Stevie is more of a personal nature. As you even said, he's a good football player. He's done nothing bad and the games of coming out at halftime because of nagging injuries are almost none (except for this season, which he is clearly injured). People have personal opinions about Stevie because they don't like "DIVA" WRs. The fact is, that other WRs and players in this league have just as many, or more injuries as Stevie and you don't bunch them in with him. Just admit you don't think much of him personally and we can all get along fine. But your points you make about Stevie being injured and not as good because he doesn't work out on the offseason are simply opinions and they are not based on any factual evidence.

The guy has swagger on a team and in a town that historically has none. With a real QB, you're talking about one of the top 5 possession WR's in the game. One of the best WR's I have seen at getting early separation in press coverage. Nightmare for a DC to try and stack the box against the run…..a good and accurate QB could dink and dunk to death with Stevie. Just making sure we're all talking about the same guy here. For some reason, people are confusing him with a pass dropping head case with personality issues that needs to be traded for a shtty pick in the draft.

Amazing how, like a dog chasing his tail, the fans on this board still speak as if drafting automatically yields replacements for those that have been successful at the pro level.

I hope we keep him…we have nothing close to him and his skills pair well with Woods and Goodwin. We need a TE and our QB to take big steps to the next level.

You are just another who came in late to the discussion. I never said get rid of Stevie. I was defending keeping Stevie. Your rant is hysterical but you look just plain ignorant for it.

I have also repeatedly addressed this "hard worker" issue. "Hard worker" is a broad term. I didn't bring it up, it was created by people trying to paint an argument against my suggestion that Stevie's injuries were preventable. I merely suggested there is a correlation between his recurring soft-tissue injuries and a lack of year round preparedness. That isn't addressing whether he is a hard worker......do you do your job 16 hours a day all year round? Probably not but chances are you think that you work hard. Doing what is necessary to avoid injury does not necessarily fall into the category of working hard or not working hard.

I think your opinion of Stevie is more of a personal nature. As you even said, he's a good football player. He's done nothing bad and the games of coming out at halftime because of nagging injuries are almost none (except for this season, which he is clearly injured). People have personal opinions about Stevie because they don't like "DIVA" WRs. The fact is, that other WRs and players in this league have just as many, or more injuries as Stevie and you don't bunch them in with him. Just admit you don't think much of him personally and we can all get along fine. But your points you make about Stevie being injured and not as good because he doesn't work out on the offseason are simply opinions and they are not based on any factual evidence.

I don't have personal feelings about any player. Not one. Never have. My favorite player was Bruce Smith but I will be the first to admit he was a jerk and a drunk-driving, self-absorved idiot.

There are people who do have personal feelings for players...... you seem like one who probably loves some players and absolutely hates others......but I am not one of them. I am not a Stevie-hater. I am a Stevie realist.

I have tired of his antics and his bigger-than-team attitude but many great players are the same way. That stuff is a non-factor if the team is winning, IMO. It's a bit off-putting when Stevie does it because he is not a great player...the team hasn't won and he has had some high profile game-costing plays in his career. I think it is interesting that he had to call a personal meeting with Marrone this week. What is the issue? The guy was hurt in camp, he had a big drop in the NE game, he has been injured all year........why is he calling Marrone to task?

I can remember when Eli manning was slow in development and a lot of it was blamed on Jermey Shocky. I wonder ow much effect/pressure is on a young Qb to make sure the establish vet is part of the offense. To the manning comparision how many times is the thought of getting the ball to shocky effected his reads and his natural feel for what he is trying to do. None of this may happen nor be stevie's fault but E.j sure looked comfortable against the Jets and that is a very good unit.

I do have favorite players. I think any rational fan has players they route for and ones they route against. There are also realists that come to grips with facts and your opinions are just the opposite. You said it yourself. You have "tired of his antics". What antics? Seriously? Because he dropped a ball and blamed god? Because 3 seasons ago he lifted his shirt twice to reveal a message? 3 years ago... Seriously?

Like I said, just admit that you are not a fan of him and we can all agree that your opinions are justified based on your personal feelings. Until then, you sound like someone that "hates" on Stevie because of personal feelings and opinions that have no factual evidence.

As far as my rant being hysterical, you realize that your the only one here fighting like your life depended upon trying to change everyone else's opinions based on yours right? Most of everyone else here (the ones still in the conversation at least) believes you are incorrect so who's the ignorant one?

At no point did I say I root against any Bills player. I simply said I have "players" that I like and ones that I don't. I never said Bills in there anywhere. Way to jump way over the line there. And most fans do have favorite players. Why do you think you see so many Steve Johnson, Freddy Jackson, and CJ Spiller jerseys? Most likely they are their favorite players or one of and that's why they chose that jersey. League merchandise sales discredit your argument. Look at the most popular jersey sales in the league. They sure aren't Richie Incognito. Speaking of Richie Incognito, that brings me to the people I don't like. I thinks many fans of football can get behind the fact that Incognito (regardless of how the Martin thing turns out), Suh, Fairley, and Vick are all more disliked than liked. Maybe the fans of their teams would disagree, but the majority of people on general would agree that they are dirty players or dirty people in general. How many people here have said in the past... If The Bills picked up Mike Vick, in done as a fan. Hmmm... Even other players on other teams have said things about Incognito and Suh being dirty players. Hell, they say them about the coaches too.

Your wrong in assuming what I meant was about Bills players.

Have fun being tired of Stevie's antics (your words, not mine) and act like you really like him and cheer for him on your team. The fact is that of Stevie were traded tomorrow you would be the first to post how happy you are about it.

I'll be cheering in my team today. And yes, I'll be hoping Stevie has a great day but in no way does that mean I don't want other players to play well. Just that I hope he does well. I'm done with this conversation so there's no need to reply. I'd rather you just block me if you don't like my opinions towards you.

Like I said, if this were a winning team or Stevie was the quarterback the media would have addressed the matter with Stevie. If your QB is repeatedly checking out of games at halftime because of groin and hamstring injuries over the course of 3 years people are asking questions about conditioning? No question.

But they don't ask because they obviously don't think he is that important of a player for this team right now.

This runs contrary to the opinion of his apologists who think he is a great player. I think he is a very good player who plateaued at age 24 due to preventable nagging injuries..... but I will admit that I also haven't really cared about whether he was playing or not this year either.

At some point you tire of the player on a perenially losing team writhing in agony between every play as if to create a built in excuse for failure or make modest success seem heroic.

I fully expect him to come back and have 2-3 more big games and he should at least finish with 800-900 yards with 3 dome/warm weather games in a row on the schedule.

Now that this team has a better than average overall roster I think we are seeing less tolerance for Stevie's soccer-player like writhing.

I think Marrone has pretty much established that Stevie isn't going to just practice when he feels like it and expect to be featured on gameday. That is a good thing for us and for Stevie. I suspect next year that Stevie's nagging groin and hamstring injuries will disappear now that he isn't the only option in the passing game for a bad team that had to cater to him.

This is a great post. Well said. SJ has certainly benefitted from being a big fish in a small town. Now that there is at least one more gifted receiver than him on the team, his off season motivation may change.