The Jets Message board is hilarious right now

Meh. Same stuff happened here after Pittsburgh. Our teams are similar. Good defense, struggling rookie QB at times. NY has bigger expectations to meet, though. No one expects the Bills to ever amount to anything.

Agreed, yet our struggling QB has better numbers than the anointed Andrew Luck has as a rookie. Fans have become irrational and lost all patience. Some folks would have ran Kelly out of town as a rookie, and he was 26 with 2 years of pro ball under his belt.

I would say the same things about Geno that I would about EJ. Thy both need time. I fear that the Jets organization would be one to ruin Geno more than buffalo (in its current form) would with EJ.

Wait, Nevermind- tha would be awesome if the Jets ruined Geno, wtf is wrong with me?

Still- don't give up on Geno, his character has been better than advertised so far

Agreed, yet our struggling QB has better numbers than the anointed Andrew Luck has as a rookie. Fans have become irrational and lost all patience. Some folks would have ran Kelly out of town as a rookie, and he was 26 with 2 years of pro ball under his belt.

That's nothing...some were ready to run him out of town after the "comeback" game by Reich! :lol:

come on Doc

I can name a few off the cuff

RGIII, Cam Newton, Luck, Tannehill, Dalton, some say Russel, Kap (2nd season as a starter)

here's a related article on bleacherreport that the admins do not allow links to,

-what-really-causes-sophomore-slumps-among-nfl-quarterbacks

https://www.google.com/#q=qb%20sophomore%20slump

Possibly. But the google search you linked has an article just below the one you were trying to reference with the title "the myth of the QB sophomore slump."

According to this here forum... Andrew Luck was the only reason the Colts went from worst to playoffs last year. (Ignoring all the signings they made)

According to this here forum... Andrew Luck was the only reason the Colts went from worst to playoffs last year. (Ignoring all the signings they made)

My contention was, and still is, that Indy "sucked for Luck" on purpose. Too much of a coincidence that they suck for one season, lose P. Manning, and just happen to be able to draft P. Manning Jr. in that one suck season.

My contention was, and still is, that Indy "sucked for Luck" on purpose. Too much of a coincidence that they suck for one season, lose P. Manning, and just happen to be able to draft P. Manning Jr. in that one suck season.

So the Polians plus Jim Caldwell decided to tank the season and lose their jobs so that Indy can get Luck? Must have been quite the payoff for them.

So the Polians plus Jim Caldwell decided to tank the season and lose their jobs so that Indy can get Luck? Must have been quite the payoff for them.

Based of the latest Twitters from Jim Irsay (as referenced on ESPN.com) I could see him getting involved in such a decision at the very top....the guy has brass ones the size of grapefruits.

To be honest, if Manuel was putting up the kind of stats and performances that Smith is right now I think that this board would be a lot more vitriolic. Fortunately, that's not the case.

Not the case...this week! Go back and look at some of the garbage posted about EJ Manuel, after the Steelers game....this board, in general, is as reactionary as it could be...everything and everybody sucks, and has for years, when they win a game...get a nice win, and fight to a 4-7 record, and it is a Bills utopia, all over....we really are a manic bunch! :lol:

I am sure enjoying the Jests implode and Gino looking like I expected. I was not at all sure Manual would be a good pro but I was 90% sure Smith would not be and I'm glad it's looking like we made the better pick.

The Jets are 5-6. We're 4-7. So there's that too.